Author Topic: RELEASE - Wings of Dawn  (Read 218381 times)

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Re: RELEASE - Wings of Dawn
Also, you said you can't use 3.7.2 because of the startup errors, but as Spoon mentioned, those errors are hopefully just the warnings that have been added to the game engine to identify potentially incorrect mod data.  If you continue through them, you should get into the game.  If that's the case, Release should work and not have the errors.  But running Debug 3.7.2 and posting that log could give more potentially helpful information.  But it sounds like your folder structure is in need of some attention.

Not sure what you mean about messing with the Core file, WoD-Core.vp is still being loaded but you have 105 loose files outside of VPs in your WoD data folder.  And 16 loose files in your FreeSpace2 data folder.  And, that log file shows a clean exit from player select., not sure what 'same result' you're getting as that doesn't look like any sort of crash or problem.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
Now how do i use the save file for both build?
Well it's good that it works for you with 3.6.14 at least! But unforunately, you cannot use the same save file, since the scp changed how freespace saves pilot files some time during last year. So pilot files between .12 and .14 etc are incompatible with 3.7.0
Mostly true; however, FSO will automatically convert pilots from the old format to the new format (if a corresponding pilot file with the same name doesn't already exist in the new format).
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Missing MV_Assets.3612.vp, MV_Effects.3612.vp, MV_Root.3612.vp in mediavps_3612.
I see MV_Assets.3612.vp, MV_Effects.3612.vp, MV_Root.3612.vp in there
Huh? I don't see them in first or second log.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Huh? I don't see them in first or second log.

Code: [Select]
Found root pack 'D:\Game\Touhou\FreeSpace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_Advanced.vp' with a checksum of 0x4b8b0f5a
Found root pack 'D:\Game\Touhou\FreeSpace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_AnimGlows.vp' with a checksum of 0x6a554026
Found root pack 'D:\Game\Touhou\FreeSpace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_Assets.vp' with a checksum of 0x529cc70f
Found root pack 'D:\Game\Touhou\FreeSpace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_Effects.vp' with a checksum of 0xb9a9a485
Found root pack 'D:\Game\Touhou\FreeSpace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_Music.vp' with a checksum of 0xb3e21469
Found root pack 'D:\Game\Touhou\FreeSpace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_Root.vp' with a checksum of 0x6ffd5c78

(also, I don't think freespace counts as a danmaku shooter..!)
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Also, you said you can't use 3.7.2 because of the startup errors, but as Spoon mentioned, those errors are hopefully just the warnings that have been added to the game engine to identify potentially incorrect mod data.  If you continue through them, you should get into the game.  If that's the case, Release should work and not have the errors.  But running Debug 3.7.2 and posting that log could give more potentially helpful information.  But it sounds like your folder structure is in need of some attention.

Using 3.7.2 build, i gave up after the 11th error message. I'll try to use the Debug build, then.

Not sure what you mean about messing with the Core file, WoD-Core.vp is still being loaded but you have 105 loose files outside of VPs in your WoD data folder.  And 16 loose files in your FreeSpace2 data folder.  And, that log file shows a clean exit from player select., not sure what 'same result' you're getting as that doesn't look like any sort of crash or problem.
Mostly about editing tables. But like i said, i couldn't find a VP editor which works properly, i have to extract the whole VP.
The same result i get is on mission 12, as soon as i hit commit, the background music plays for about 5 second. Then the game freeze up, and just stop working.
The clean exit you saw must have been my fault. When the game freeze up, it pop up errors messages that i cannot switch to. Pressing SpaceBar usually choose the option to close the program by defaut, but there was the fs2o launcher. I must have hit the button multiple time, it runs 3 Fs2o process at once.
Here's another log from 3.7.0 debug build, I'm gonna check the 3.7.2 build again now.

Edit: Tried to use 3.7.2. Error messages comes from ships.tbl

ships.tbl(line 1046) <and many other lines as well>:
Error: Required token = [#End], [$Subsystem:] or [$Name], found [$Closeup_pos:               0.0, 0.0, -38].

ntdll.dll! KiFastSystemCallRet
kernel32.dll! WaitForSingleObjectEx + 67 bytes
kernel32.dll! WaitForSingleObject + 18 bytes
fs2_open_3_7_2.exe! <no symbol>

I should have paste this sooner. I'm sorry.

[attachment deleted by nobody]
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 06:39:46 am by jedi19941 »

@Spoon

Not that. ;)
I don't see THESE files:
Code: [Select]
Found root pack 'D:\FreeSpace2\mediavps_3612\MV_Assets.3612.vp' with a checksum of 0x59649c21
Found root pack 'D:\FreeSpace2\mediavps_3612\MV_Effects.3612.vp' with a checksum of 0x9c510aa0
Found root pack 'D:\FreeSpace2\mediavps_3612\MV_Root.3612.vp' with a checksum of 0x7c9d7e74

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Aaah, right, of course! The mediavp patches.

jedi19941, I keep seeing your logs end at this:
ASSERTION: "!resize" at gropengltexture.cpp:662
Int3(): From c:\code\fs2_open_3_7_0\code\globalincs\windebug.cpp at line 966

I honestly have no idea what that is about...
I guess your best bet is to play with 3.6.14 and leave 3.7.2 etc for what it is.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
And that's triggered my memory! It may not be the same issue, but try setting Options -> Hardware Textures to 5 (i.e. maximum).
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Aaah, right, of course! The mediavp patches.

jedi19941, I keep seeing your logs end at this:
ASSERTION: "!resize" at gropengltexture.cpp:662
Int3(): From c:\code\fs2_open_3_7_0\code\globalincs\windebug.cpp at line 966

I honestly have no idea what that is about...
I guess your best bet is to play with 3.6.14 and leave 3.7.2 etc for what it is.

Aw :<

And that's triggered my memory! It may not be the same issue, but try setting Options -> Hardware Textures to 5 (i.e. maximum).

It doesn't work. Same result as above. Guess i'll be stuck with 3.6.14 for this mod only.

Thanks, guys. You guys are the best tech support i've ever known :)
Keep up the good work!