Check the options that apply to you.

I found a Spoon
I got the LSF Hound through M5
I failed to get the LSF Hound through M5
I protected the LSF Volley in M8
I lost the LSF Volley in M8
I picked the Ray E
I picked the Ray W
I got Misuzu as the pilot in M15 (Infiltration)
I got Crystal as the pilot in M15 (Infiltration)
I destroyed only 2 motherships in M15
I managed 3-4 motherships in M15
I destroyed more then 5 motherships in M15
I thought M16 was too hard
I could select the Hazel bomber in M23
I was bouncing around like a pinball in the last mission
I was having an easy time in the last mission.
I called in Nanoha
I tried the MSM-99-D in the playground
Infi shouldn't have sacrificed himself
Infi did the right thing

Author Topic: Wings of Dawn Poll (Possibile Spoilers)  (Read 12283 times)

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Re: Wings of Dawn Poll (Possibile Spoilers)
That book was a hot girl and had three other hot girls inside. The container has nothing going for it.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

That you know of, anway.

It is an interesting question, though, Spoon... why did Nanoha attempt to befriend a box?
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Fools!
You underestimate the power of the mighty cube!
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
It better be full of hot girls.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
It is an interesting question, though, Spoon... why did Nanoha attempt to befriend a box?

It was more a demonstration. She does those now y'know, being a trainer.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Ah, so it's StrikerS-era Nanoha. That makes sense.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Sab0o

I picked the Ray E
Yeah, I really wish more ships had glide and directional thrusters, rail-mode is no fun. Also the ships that could glide could not use directional thrusters while gliding.

I got Crystal as the pilot in M15 (Infiltration)
...And ended up having the run the asteroid gauntlet with 13% hull. I made it to the end at 1% (on my fifth~ go, yeah, my own fault for being reckless in the previous mission, oh well.)
I destroyed only 2 motherships in M15
I find it really hard to manuever into position for shooting subsytems without sideways-thrust ability, couldn't be bothered to do any more.

I thought M16 was too hard
Until I realised there were huge bombs hitting my ships that I should shoot down, then it was somewhat stressfull, long, but quite fun. Tell me in the damn breifing please?

I was having an easy time in the last mission.
Those corrirdors are hard to navigate.

Infi did the right thing.
Shipon won't be happy though.

The music was awesome. Though I went for the last few missions without it for some reason, I thought it was done on purpose for dramatic effect, and was going to come back at an awesome moment. Must have been a bug though. Oh well.

When Infi is killing himself, I had to re-bind my controls to default to do it, kind of ruined the moment having to re-bind my controls twice.

I ended up abusing time compression to complete M25. The dogfight at the beginning took too long for me to take it seriously more than twice... bloody ravagers.

The graphics are pretty ****, but I'm sure you know that and in fact, I don't even care, it was a lot of fun to play.
Maybe tone down the tentacle related jokes, you're just enforcing a stereotype, and probably pushing away potential players.
I noticed a few typos.
Hire some Japs if you're doing voice-overs, I dread to ever hear this **** in English.
Overall, ****ing good mod. I enjoyed the hell out of it, being the exact target audience.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
I bounced around like a pinball in the last mission. :nervous:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Thanks for the review SabOo

The graphics are pretty ****, but I'm sure you know that and in fact, I don't even care, it was a lot of fun to play.
Well uuuh... It's a big blanket statement you do there. I'm quite happy with how a lot of my effects turned out. And considering I had to do everything by myself I think the models are passable.

Now excuse as I got on a slightly offtopic rant here (which is not directed to SabOo) but I see a lot of people giving credit to BP:WiH for looking incredible, even though they just used public released unoptimized steve-o models that have been used in a few mods before. But WoD with all its hours of work in making hand made custom stuff just get labelled as '****ty looking' and that kinda stings.  :doubt:

Maybe tone down the tentacle related jokes, you're just enforcing a stereotype,
I'm making fun of (or at least, trying to) stereotypes.

I dread to ever hear this **** in English.
Don't worry, never gonna happen  :p
Urutorahappī!!

Offline -Norbert-

I like the designs of WoD, and I think I said so in the past too. And I like how much difference there is in the style of the species (the only exception being the similarity between Promethus frame and Zy ships... I know I witnessed too much :shaking:).
Well... there are some points I'm not too fond of (in particular the Skirmishers upper plate.... thingy), but that's only to be expected with that number of models. The vast majority looks great and what's even more important, they fit in very well.
What good is the best looking ship, if it looks totally out of place?

Offline Sab0o

I was mainly talking about the ship texturing and shaders, I know it's pretty much the hardest part, the thing is, you don't notice things when they look right, but you do when they look wrong. I don't remember the effects ever looking bad. The ships are passable. As I said; it didn't effect my enjoyment.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
It's because you Auto-UV, Spoon.
Takes all the fun out of texturing cause max's auto-UV does the job (of putting everything onto the square), but its jumbled ****.
The models are fine. Its just the lazy UV :P

Of course, UVmapping is boring and all and takes an asston of time...
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 08:14:12 pm by Droid803 »
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
It's because you Auto-UV, Spoon.
I have bettered my ways recently

I was mainly talking about the ship texturing and shaders, I know it's pretty much the hardest part, the thing is, you don't notice things when they look right, but you do when they look wrong. I don't remember the effects ever looking bad. The ships are passable. As I said; it didn't effect my enjoyment.
Alas that texture artist spot is still open, doesn't seem like there is a lot of free texture talent on hlp  :(
Well I'm glad you enjoyed it anyway  :nod:
Urutorahappī!!

:bump:
And at long last, I finished the campaign... I blame myself for refusing to drop the difficulty below medium, and then ragequitting for months. Ah well.

I did find a spoon!
Got the LSF Hound through, and I enjoyed seeing it again later. It's much better than bonus points or something.
Can't remember what happened with the Volley, but I think it died.
Picked the Ray-E, because I went with the -W first but died.
Got Crystal in "Infiltration"
I destroyed more than 5 motherships, but then buggered out.
I thought most missions were too hard, so I'm sure that 16 was as well. Was that "Hold the Line?" If so then ZOMGyes.
Didn't even notice the Hazel bomber, so I'm gonna say "no"
Pinball: yes, very much so
Played around a bit in the playground after reading this thread, and did the stuff
Infi did the right thing. He didn't have much of a choice at that point if wanted to be not a huge jerk.

So, yep, there we go. Great job Spoon!

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Thanks  :)
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
What do I have to do to get Misuzu in the infiltration mission? I just replayed the hole campaign and got Crystal again.
el hombre vicio...

Offline AndrewofDoom

• In A.D. 2366 war was beginning
  • Permanent yuri goggles.
    • Twitter
What do I have to do to get Misuzu in the infiltration mission? I just replayed the hole campaign and got Crystal again.

Don't DESTROY THE CORE destroy the reactor on the Adasya in M14
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.
20:10:01   Spoon: I find it mildly arrousing
20:10:07   AndrewofDoom: Woah
20:10:15   Spoon: sound like my kind of loli
20:10:21   Spoon: and im not even a lolicon

Offline -Norbert-

The first two times I played that misison, i read "disable the Adesya" and did that... Took out the engines and weapons and waited, till the Skirmisher arrived and blew it to pieces.
Untill I read it in this thread I never knew you were allowed to blow that ship up yourself, much less it's a bonus objective  :lol:

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!
For me I failed to blow up the Adasya because I was a bit unused to having nothing on my monitor (Make a cockpit view for the Ray I, Spoon!) and couldn't shift my ETS properly. Then I got beat up by the homing mis- lasers before it jumped out...so hidoi. Uhh...mean.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I remember getting the request to blow up the adyasa's reactor... I remember trying to do that at least 3 times but I just got blasted away by those frikking sweepers, so in the 4th replay I just forgot about it and went along with the other objectives...

Will try it again sometime during the week :yes:
el hombre vicio...