Author Topic: Problem launching in macintosh 10.5.8  (Read 1119 times)

Offline dox1842

Problem launching in macintosh 10.5.8
Hello FS_Open community! I would first like to say I recently discovered source ports from the Doom source port community and I love being able to replay all the DOS classics on my Macintosh and I appreciate all the effort that goes into these source ports. With that being said however, I am having trouble launching fs2_open on my x86 Macbook with 10.5.8. When I try to launch the FS2_open-inferno application it doesn't even land on the dock. I tried to also run the debug program but it too does not even open. When I try to run the launcher by soulstorm it bounces on the dock and then quits unexpectedly giving the error  *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException', reason: '*** -[NSCFString setString:]: nil argument'. I tried looking for a debug log but one is not created. Im assuming there is not a log because the program refuses to launch in the first place. Btw I searched the forum and wiki for several hours and could not find a similar problem. Please help!!  :confused:
ETA I have the digital download from GOG and used Turey's java installer and Soulstorms launcher for osx

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: Problem launching in macintosh 10.5.8
Bother. I am bad with Mac problems. Maybe blowfish can help?

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Try redownloading the exes.  Last person that had a similar issue on a mac had corrupted exes.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline dox1842

Thanks FUBAR, that solved the problem! The only problem left now is figuring out the OSx launcher by soulstorm. I have read about the problem with it launching and then terminating after bouncing on the dock.