Author Topic: custom flags  (Read 1443 times)

hello.  i recently just started playing again and am unsure about some of the settings.  almost every mod i've installed, has a settings.ini file with them.  i notice that it has it's own set of custom flags in it.   i had my own string of custom flags  in the "custom flags" box already pasted from several newer install threads i've read and a few of the "readme" files with the newer stuff.

here's the flag setup that came with "cardinal spear"
flags = -spec -glow -env -mipmap -missile_lighting -normal -3dshockwave -dualscanlines -targetinfo -orbradar -rearm_timer -ballistic_gauge -ship_choice_3d -weapon_choice_3d -3dwarp -warp_flash -snd_preload ;

here's the flag setup from the install threads / readme's i've come across
-ambient_factor 35 -ogl_spec 20 -spec_exp 15 -spec_point 1.2 -spec_static 1.5 -spec_tube 1.5

what im wondering is.....should i even put the bottom one in the "custom flags" box on the launcher or just let the mod's  "settings.ini" take care of the flags?   does having both set of flags mess anything up or bungle up the settings?   i notice on the launcher "features" tab u can see both string of flags in the little drop down box which is quite a lot.   any replies would be appreciated.  ty

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
The settings.ini file is generated by your own settings in the Launcher.

The second list of flags, that's what's called "custom flags", as those control global lighting settings for models. Those need to go in the Launcher's "Custom Flags" field. Those two lists are kept separate. Meaning that they should never be set in a settings.ini, but only through the users' preferences.

On that note, I recommend checking out this page on the wiki, which will show you how these flags alter the appearance of the game.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns