Author Topic: HIRING: Script Assistant  (Read 2572 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
HIRING: Script Assistant
Hey folks,

The Blue Planet team urgently needs a competent writer who is

1) Profoundly and intimately familiar with War in Heaven's story and characters
2) Capable of working independently and with great confidence
3) An articulate, expressive speaker who can capture fine emotional range in words

to assist IssMneur in adding directions to our scripts. For example, you will provide instructions like:

Issuing tactical orders to his wingmen, telling them to ignore a distant ship and be on their guard. At the ready, vigilant.
“Ignore it. Stay with the Ranvir. It's got to be plotting precision jumps for the Tevs, so expect company any moment.”

You have a significant task ahead of you, but members of the BP team (The_E and myself) are willing to assist. Your help here will allow us to focus on FREDding War in Heaven R2.

Who's up for it?

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
  • ...and by awesome I mean Jerk!
Re: HIRING: Script Assistant
I am willing to undertake the task. I am very interested in this kind of work, and was waiting for such an offer. Don't hesitate to send me a PM or respond here if you have any questions.

Just to be clear this is writing, not editing of dialogue? Certainly it would adhere to the script eather way. 
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I am willing to undertake the task. I am very interested in this kind of work, and was waiting for such an offer. Don't hesitate to send me a PM or respond here if you have any questions.

Just to be clear this is writing, not editing of dialogue? Certainly it would adhere to the script eather way. 

Well, if you see the above example, you're going to be the one writing things in italics. So you don't even get to write your own dialogue; what you're going to be doing is adding stage direction to R1 dialogue so that voice actors know how to tackle each line.

For example: With distress, upon the death of a close friend and stuff like that.

Still up for it? It's something of a thankless task, but it's also how we got such quality performances for AoA.

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
  • ...and by awesome I mean Jerk!
Aah, now I understand. Yes that does pique my interest because it still involves writing, and I do believe such work is useful even if it does not meet the player's eyes. I like the need for attention to detail.

I do, however, have quite a few auditions on the line and do NOT want to be involved with the auditioning process. I don't feel this position necessitates that kind of involvement, but it is related.

I'll still do it if it means I don't need to take a look under the hood and peek at any audio.     
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Aah, now I understand. Yes that does pique my interest because it still involves writing, and I do believe such work is useful even if it does not meet the player's eyes. I like the need for attention to detail.

I do, however, have quite a few auditions on the line and do NOT want to be involved with the auditioning process. I don't feel this position necessitates that kind of involvement, but it is related.

I'll still do it if it means I don't need to take a look under the hood and peek at any audio.     

You won't need to look at the auditioning, and we'd be really grateful for your help. I'm going to arrange for a sample to be PMed to you.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
I think I could help, even if only a little bit.  I'm... decent at writing (own opinion), and wouldn't mind giving it a shot.  Just point me where you want me.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I think I could help, even if only a little bit.  I'm... decent at writing (own opinion), and wouldn't mind giving it a shot.  Just point me where you want me.

We are open to splitting up the roles between multiple assistants. Crowdsourcing this would be awesome.

Offline Icefox

If you end up needing more help, let me know. I'd take a shot shooting out anything you guys need writing-wise. I'm considering trying out the acting stuff even, but that's another topic. Ahem. Anywho.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
If you end up needing more help, let me know. I'd take a shot shooting out anything you guys need writing-wise. I'm considering trying out the acting stuff even, but that's another topic. Ahem. Anywho.

Definitely. We'll try to get you a role to work on today. Scotty, Maverick and bigchunk1 have some material already.

Offline -Norbert-

I'd be willing to try too. I do know the story and characters quite well and while I'm not a native english speaker, I think my english is quite passable.
Of course never having done such a thing before I can't garantee for anything, but I'm going to give it my best shot if you want me to.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
-Norbert-, Icefox: PM Sent.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 09:18:39 am by The E »
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

I should've replied here too but for the most part i've been talking to Batt on IRC about this, i'm willing to help out as well along with also doing lines. =3