Author Topic: Multi game 21:00 BST, Sun 2010-10-24, MediaVPs 3.6.12 INF  (Read 1778 times)

Offline FSHero

Multi game 21:00 BST, Sun 2010-10-24, MediaVPs 3.6.12 INF
Hello all,

I would just like to invite people to a multiplayer game that I will host on Sunday 24th October 2010 at 21:00 BST (British Summer Time, i.e GMT+1).

My server is not dedicated, but runs on a fast machine (2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Quad) on a moderately fast connection (upload 0.6 Mb/s) hosted in the UK.

It will run the Inferno build, with MediaVPs 3.6.12.

I will have at least one friend joining me, thus guaranteeing two players.

All are welcome to join! Let's make it a good one!

- FSHero :-)

Offline Shade

Re: Multi game 21:00 BST, Sun 2010-10-24, MediaVPs 3.6.12 INF
I want to play, but I had to RMA my new video card and the replacement hasn't arrived yet. Woe is me if I don't get it by then :(
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Which Inferno build?  I would suggest trying out the latest nightly build now featuring the go_faster code in trunk, but if you have problems just fall back to 3.6.12 Inferno.  And be sure to let someone know about the problems :)
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline FSHero

Code: [Select]
Which Inferno build?  I would suggest trying out the latest nightly build now featuring the go_faster code in trunk, but if you have problems just fall back to 3.6.12 Inferno.  And be sure to let someone know about the problems
It will be Inferno 3.6.12 SSE2. (Is that the correct info?)

Unfortunately I am short of time to try out this new build you speak of, but I am interested in it, especially this "go_faster" code you speak of. I heard it elsewhere in this forum and am intrigued as to what it does.

Could you post a link or something similar, explaining how to get the nightly build? I don't suppose they come pre-compiled? And I assume they will be backwards compatible with all the 3.6.12 clients? Finally, I host with a nightly, will people be able to save their stats to FS2NETD?

P.S. good luck to Shade; I hope your graphics card comes swiftly! And no worries if you can't make it; my friend and I will do this kind of thing at least fortnightly!

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
You can get the latest nightly, including the go-faster code, from the Source Code Project forum, Nightly Builds subforum.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Assuming backwards compatibility between different revisions of software is not usually recommended.  Reports have been such that nothing should have broken multi compatibility, but I still always recommend all users to be using the same revision of the code.

And yeah, nightly builds are pre-compiled builds to help end users test bleeding edge code without needing to compile it themselves.  You can just drop the builds in your folder, pick the right exe in the launcher, and go.  In this case though, the new go_faster code in the nightlies will regenerate your model cache files, so load times will temporarily be high until they've been regenerated.  New MediaVPs will include updated cache files though.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays