Author Topic: Feather 2 Development Log  (Read 11560 times)

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Re: Feather 2 Development Log
Ask and thou shalt recieve...

Again, it's not finished, and there's some areas where that is most apparent. Being a joint venture, however, she should come out beautifully.
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Thank you very much.

As for why, I had a suggestion for a part you might want o take into consideration:

Something similar to that, in any case. Because of how the top wing structure is now, it seems kind of incomplete, and I think something like the above (similar to a spoiler, I think? I dunno if that's the right way of explaining it) would look nice on it
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
I'd have liked to work with the physical tails more (the vertical canted fins above the main hull), adding a bit more volume to the lower parts, adding a slight amount of curvature, and moving them further forward. That, I will note right away. But that's me...

The energy wings as far as I can tell however, are done and done. The position they're in is the exact one they're supposed to be in. Bowing the top stabilizer out a little more wouldn't hurt, probably, but it's fine where it is now. And good Lord man, we're NOT going to make it hang off the sides. That's just... wrong.
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

"Jesus saves.

"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Quanto

• Permanent Nostalgia Goggles
It's so glorious!

00:41:58 <DarthGeek>: I might do it, I need to build a reputation of someone who doesn't suffer fools
(DarthGeek on: "Relentless")

Offline Quanto

A month later, and the Texture is finally in Progress.

I'm still not sure what to make the missile bays look like, so any suggestions would be appreciated. I've spent the last 3 hours cycling through a number of variations, and they all sucked so far...

« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 11:10:18 am by Quanto »
00:41:58 <DarthGeek>: I might do it, I need to build a reputation of someone who doesn't suffer fools

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
I'll shoot for producing some more artwork soon; as soon as it's available, I shall let you know.

-Nuke

"Jesus saves.

"

-Flipside

-Nuke

Offline Quanto

The Feather2 is INGAME!
 :pimp:

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
I'm a bit surprised you didn't apply the sensor panels on the leading edge of the of the lifting body section, but no matter. It looks quite good as of now, but I do intend to get you some artwork at some point. Too much to do, Sir!

-Nuke

"Jesus saves.

"

-Flipside

-Nuke