Author Topic: HTL Typhon derail  (Read 9697 times)

Offline Kolgena

At least from the top view, it looks like you took the original and made it more amorphous.

I'd be glad to look at any other angles of the ship though, if you post them up.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
We'd like it a lot more if the tiling factor wasn't increased and there wasn't a seam down the middle :( Also, if the hangar bays were more involved, seeing as they lost detail compared to the retail one :(
I do like certain parts of what you did, like the engine block and the lower fins.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
The tiling factor is roughly the same (except for the black-ish part)

Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Kolgena

Hmm. The only parts where I can say there's definite improvement are the bridge and the ends of the arms. I notice that the curves are smoother, but overall, if the poly count got jacked up quite a bit, I'm inclined to believe that lots of them were wasted in ways that it's hard to see.

The texture the thing has is also pretty terrible for details, so I guess that's part of the problem.

(Aside: Sticks with red glowpoints on them look decidedly Terran. Why are they there?)

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I have tried adding various greebling, but everything I tried just didn't feel right..and I was in a hurry to finish it, so I just decided to keep as close to the original as possible. Minimal additions.
The smoothing and lighting differences are hard to see in the tech room - the best comparisons for that would be in-mission.

Regarding the sticks....I felt the arms could use something more. As to why red...dunno. Does any other color make it more vasudany?
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!