Author Topic: Hosting request  (Read 7140 times)

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Well good luck with the voting procedure.  Have you prepared the virgin sacrifice as well as the BBQ and several kegs for the ceremony? 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Of course I have, not to mention the garage full of naked hot nymphomanic babes waiting for a victim  ;7
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
OK hosting is off we know that he can't be trusted now.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Hm, do you want a photo for proofing or what ?  :lol:
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Hm, do you want a photo for proofing or what ?  :lol:

I think I speak for everyone on this board when I say: **** yeah we do.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Why am I not suprised now ? :) May I suggest a veeeery cold shower for some people here, that might help  :D
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I'm asking for purely practical reasons. But what have you and your team released over at BT?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
Best of luck with your hosting indeed; i'm an old fan of the Mechwarrior universe and MechCommander 2 was one of my favs. I look forward to seeing the ideas you guys have brought to it. :)
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
I'm asking for purely practical reasons. But what have you and your team released over at BT?

Sofar there is existing a whole bunch of new vehicles, mechs, and building (made before my time, I just started modelling there a few weeks back). Besides that, there have already been changes to the source code that added a few small features and allowed to change vehicles and mechs, which wasn't possible before.

In the last 3 weeks the two people programming have managed to breach the poly limit per frame which made textures and objects disappearing on the screen when too much visible, and also they managed to change the part how new objects can be created and entered outside, so that no dll and packfile changes are necessary. Besides that, plan are there for a (already halfway implemented) new logistic part like in MC1, where you have a inventory for components and limited quantities in component sales.

The last big breakthrough that will hopefully come, will be the texture size limit. Once that is broken, I intend to change all interface art (weapon pictures, gui, etc.)

Any just if you want to know, this here is my first work, though it's still WIP, textures are not finished, no spotlights etc. The Mechhangar, seen in MW4, and missing in MC1+2 :)

« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 04:53:12 am by Starman01 »
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

I'm a mechwarrior fan myself so I don't see a problem with the project being hosted.  Mechwarrior certainly has died out completely.  I'm guessing there are still plenty of MC 2 fans out there.  I would recommend you poke around the Mektek and Mechwarrior Living Legends forums.  You may find some MC 2 fans who have moved on to other Mechwarrior games.

Best of luck to you and your team.

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Hmmm, I apologise if you've said this already, Starman, but is this program freely available? Even if the source is open, there are some odd instances like FS where open source does not mean a progam without cost.
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
The deal is pretty similar to FS2's sourcecode release. MS released the source, but not the assets.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Yep, they removed / disabled movie and multiplayer code to prevent law problems, besides that it's free to use. The download package even includes a complete MC2 release (except video and multiplayer that is)

Sorry for being impatient, but any admin reading this ? I would be happy for a statement :)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

Offline Shade

They'll get around to it. There aren't actually that many active admins on HLP these days, so those we do have are probably moderately busy. I'd say the response you've recieved qualifies as "overwhelmingly positive", though, so I doubt you've got anything to worry about.

In short? Patience, grasshopper :p
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
In short? Patience, grasshopper :p

:P  I'll try, though sometimes patience isn't my greatest characteristics ;)  I just want to get started, that's all. Currently we are littered at the DSC board, and that's certainly the worst type of forum software I have ever encountered  :nervous:

MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Oh yes...

It took quite a while for FringeSpace or Stellar Assault to get officially hosted here, so you might wait a while. However, given the positive feedback, I doubt you have any worries about you need to hold onto with respect to hosting.

:cool:
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Yeah, you're right :) I will try being patient (oh god, please make them hurry, I'm already running out of fingernails :D )
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

Offline Shade

Well, at least toenails are harder to reach, so they'll probably last quite a bit longer. I'd give it at least half a week before you run out of nails entirely.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Well, at least toenails are harder to reach,

Not to mention the smell that keeps you away  :lol:
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
We're discussing this over on the Admin internal. Hearing that the rest of the forum don't mind doesn't hurt your case though. :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]