Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 581477 times)

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
I dont mean to be a dick or anything, but this is SMP and not creative. Sure I understand the fenris needs them, but if you want to play creative go on p's server as thats what that is. The warp plugin was put on without my permission, and although I understood it was just for the spleef, if it wasn't on there in the first place no-one would have noticed.

Do I still retain the private "home" warp I created? It was the only way I could get out of the problem I constantly have where every chunk around me loads but the one I'm in when I /home... :-/
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline rhx123

Yeah thats still there :)

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Thank you!
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline -Sara-

Mkay, so it's survival only, but with exceptions at sudden intervals of occuring convenience, got it. :rolleyes: Wack trees, build picks, mine resources so I can build more picks and build only to the extent where it's time-tabled feasible. Then I know what and to what extent Trash, me and other builders can expect future projects being achievable, or not. The tunnel's off then for sure. And I doubt TrashMan's castle and buildings belonging to his empire will grow much further or be used a lot.

Fac quod dico, non quod facio.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 09:37:26 am by -Sara- »
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline rhx123

There were lots of huge projects going on before warps. Shade's railway. Shade's House. Pred's Castle. Blueflames domes. Erasai's huge railway. everything hunternclark did. nojo's huge tower. The sand mansion and |\ shaped structure.
The only thing that's used warps is trashmans castle and your mine.
Creepers are nerfed to ease building, and there are always plentiful resources about.

Offline -Sara-

I'm just very worried about people in the future seeing projects as unachievable when they have to walk a 1000-1500 blocks before reaching the rail for each time the want to build 100m of wall. These projects do keep people around and draw new ones in. Temporarily extended warps would help there until something is finished and the cart-rail can be extended to it. Without, people would only agglomerate to excisting cities and rail. You'd get a Manhattan of projecs without the odd secret Sahara castle popping up in far outreaches. Anyway, the dungeonsara you left is a mob-trap, which I guess is ill named. I'll try to /home in the tunnel for now and haul chests along or ask you or Qaz to update it's waypoint to the proper spot later.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline rhx123

It hasn't put people off huge builds in the past, e.g. erasai's castle is miles away, as was shades house when it started, and it won't put people off in the future.
Things can get too big and collapse under their own weight. Why do you even need an 100m wall?
And besides, if people get bored and leaves and no-one plays, I'll shut down the server and keep my £11 a month.

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
I support your decision to remove warps rhx. I think using railways adds an element of challenge that makes the game more enjoyable.

Also Swantzaclause's workshop will be producing much more than coal. :)
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
My biggest issue with warp points is that it curbs exploration, which is a big feature of playing multiplayer. What's the point of seeing what everyone built when you can just instant travel to your destination eh? I guess I'm just old fashioned...
I support your decision to remove warps rhx. I think using railways adds an element of challenge that makes the game more enjoyable.

Also Swantzaclause's workshop will be producing much more than coal. :)
Should I expect presents then? :D

...Please don't give me coal. o_o

Edit: BTW, I'm taking a short break from Minecraft. Feel free to explore the Lagoon though, I'm pretty sure Shade's home is still public. Give me a shout-out here if it's not. :nod:

Offline rhx123

I agree, hence my decision to curb them.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
I can see both sides. Most people only connect their projects to a rail once it's complete - or at least releasable. I know that's my plan with my house. Until that time, one can /home to get there. With my latest expansion, it does take a little bit of time to walk back and forth from where I'm working to where I can dump off resources, but I accept that as part of the game. My case isn't that bad, though - perhaps a minute to walk back & forth. I can imagine other, larger projects taking far longer to traverse...

I think an ideal compromise would be to allow each player either 2 /home's, or one /home, and one private warp point. That would reduce most of the warp point proliferation, while still allowing people with large projects a way to cut down the travel time. I don't know if such a thing is possible for sure, but I thought I saw something like "You have created 1 warp point out of [unlimited] allowed" when I made my private "/warp home" point...

Offline -Sara-

That's what I'm trying to say.

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
I agree with rhx. We have this amazing rail system that no one really seemed to be using all that much. Problem is it's still going to be hard to appreciate compared to warping, but compared to walking it's still amazing.

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
Did anyone fix shade's rail system near the cliffs? I would have, but I didn't have any rail on me when I found it.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
I'm not entirely sure how to fix it cause the station is one of Hunternclark's setups...

BTW... new Minecraft update.

Offline rev_posix

• Administrator
  • I have the password to your shell account...
    • Trials and Tribulations
I'm not entirely sure how to fix it cause the station is one of Hunternclark's setups...

BTW... new Minecraft update.
Yep, 1.7.3 is supposed to fix the piston dupe bug, among other bugs.  Remember kids, don't update until you hear otherwise from the server admins! :)
--
POSIX is fine, as is Rev or RP

"Although generally it is considered a no no to disagree with a mod since it's pretty much equivalent to kicking an unpaid janitor in the nuts while he's busy cleaning up somebody elses vomit and then telling them how bad they are at cleaning it up cause you can smell it down the hall." - Dennis, Home Improvement Moderator @ DSL Reports

"wow, some people are thick and clearly can't think for themselves - the solution is to remove warning labels from poisons."

Offline Killer Whale

• Oh no, not again.
May I get building permission pecenipicek *hopeful face*?
I'm currently stuck in a cave which I can't climb out of, can't warp out of, can't die in, and can't dig my way out of due to no permissions. And it also seems if you remove a block, jump past it to start climbing up before it's replaced, it warps you back to where you were before you jumped through it.
Not that you have any idea how trustworthy I am to believe my promise that I am trustworthy but I promise I am trustworthy.
Still on vrganjko.no-ip.org:25565 or has it been changed somewhere in the last 37 pages?

edit: Handle "KillerWhale"
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 05:55:40 am by Killer Whale »

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken