Author Topic: Reflections on the Ancients and the Shivans  (Read 3489 times)

Offline Nuclear1

Reflections on the Ancients and the Shivans
ummmm........ What he said! :D
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Reflections on the Ancients and the Shivans
Originally posted by Raven2001

Because the banshee was a magnetic weapon, so it uses magnetism, something that we have on planets, so the Shivan shields are not able to function on planets, wich means that they were not designed for terrestrial purposes= Shivans are not terrestrial :)

All you need to create a magnetic field is somthing with an electric charge on it, that doesnt mean it uses a planets magnetic field to do anything.  Plus if it did, then how?  The Maxim uses electro magnets to propell its 'bullets' doesnt it, thats probably how the Banshee works.

And where does it mention anything about it working well on planets, only that it was called the Banshee because that's what it sounded like when fired in an atmosphere.

So your banshee theory cant alone mean shivans don't origionate from planets.  The reason the shivans didn't land was that when you are going to turn a planet to schorched ball from orbit with the lucifer, why would you want to go down there anyway.  They could have stayed in orbit and shot at refugees trying to leave.

On a sort of diferent topic, the shivans seem to have changed a bit between FS1 and 2.  Not the obvious new ships etc, but in FS1 the Lucy was almost undefeatable, even the ancients had trouble destroying the it.  Why did the ancients only see the lucifer, never the sathanas fleet, since we assume there would have been more ancients for the shivans to destroy that GTVA people.  The shivans had obviously been going for ages with just one warship in FS1, but in FS2 the force is much larger, and the lucy seems pretty pathetic.  Did the shivans change too much between FS1 and FS2.
Essentially, who cares, we still get to shoot stuff. :D

"Your cynicism appauls me Collosus - I have ten thousand officers and crew willing to die for pants !"

"Go to red alert!"
"Are you sure sir? It does mean changing the bulb"