Author Topic: Which choice is better?  (Read 5583 times)

Offline Razor

Which choice is better?
You are all wrong :D

The only two fighters that rule in Freespace 2 are Ptah and Perseus. Once you learn to handle the Perseus, you won't need a better fighter.

Offline Redfang

Which choice is better?
Originally posted by elorran
How about Hornets versus Tornadoes.  For the extra 300 metre range and half second less lock time are tornados worth the extra cargo space over the hornet swarmers?  I know some people still prefer hornets over tornadoes, but I'm curious as to see who.

Tornadoes. Much better. ;)

Originally posted by LtNarol
never liked the Artimes or the DH version, both are too limited payloadwise and neither is that great anyway.

Same here; I prefer heavy bombers. ;)

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/the158th
Which choice is better?
Artemis: good for ammo dumps but thats about it.

Tornados are better because they do more damage, almost a gauranteed kill if all 8 hit.

Perseus is definitely not the best fighter around, the Loki is so much better.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2002, 10:12:36 am by 528 »

Offline Redfang

Which choice is better?
Originally posted by LtNarol
the Loki

:snipe:

:p

The worst fighter ever made is the Loki... ;)

Though I guess it was just a sarcastic comment...

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Which choice is better?
My favorite fighters are kind of tied between the Ares, Tauret and Sekhmet (which performs surprisingly well as a fighter), depending on the mission. ;)

And I also think the Loki is among the worst fighters in either game (:p); the only one that is worse than it is the crappy Anubis. :p

Offline Kellan

• Down with pansy elves!
    • http://freespace.volitionwatch.com/blackwater
Which choice is better?
The best bombers in the game are without a doubt Vasudan ones, if you ask me. They're faster and more maneuvrable, so they work as fighters in a pinch, which is important given that :v: totally ignored bomber turrets in FS2. :rolleyes:

They also have huge payloads, with great compatibility. IMO, the Bakha is the best bomber, bar none. It's fast but it can carry the Helios. Sorted.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Which choice is better?
Yeah, the Bakha has great secondary capacity and armor/shielding considering its small size. (it is about the same size as the Ptah :p)

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Which choice is better?
My favorite ships are the Erinyes and the Ares (although the perseus is becoming one of them too)

I don't neccasirly like the Erinyes because its really as much as it looks sweet. Its only a good ship if u can learn to manage the weapons. It makes me sad because its hard to bring it in a battle w/ kayser and maxim loadout and not run outta power.

The ares doesn't usually run outta power for me so i can have my maxim and kayser. Note to mention its the scariest terran fighter out there :D

Also the perseus is pretty good if u load it out with double kaysers harpoons/tornados and Trebuchets
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Nuclear1

Which choice is better?
Worst fighters in the game:

Loki=major ****head

Anubis: Wins award for ****tiest fighter!
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
Which choice is better?
Originally posted by nuclear1

Loki=major ****head

Care to test that?

Which choice is better?
More manuverable?
Perseus or Serapis?
I say Serapis :D
Watching from the background since 17 April 2002.

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
Which choice is better?
Originally posted by nuclear1

Loki=major ****head

Anubis: Wins award for ****tiest fighter!
hey, no dissing my ship.  As for the Erinyes, its rather good, if you run out of power, its because you cant aim; it is a bit slow for me though, and thus the reason why i stick with my LOKI.

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
Which choice is better?
Well not being able to aim would be me. I know its sad but its hard for me to hit anything over 5oo meters away. It might be for the last 3 years, ive been using a Microsoft Sidewinder Game Pad to play.

You are right though, the Erinyes rulz

:lol: everytime i hear loki i think of the over 15 squadrons i wasted if not more playing Derelict. Man did that get old

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
Which choice is better?
they're ai lokis, would it have made a difference if they were Erinyii?  Besides, no one has been able to shoot down my Loki in under 5 minutes.

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
Which choice is better?
I wasn't refering to "your" loki, just sayin that. Besides IMHO, lokis arent that great, im sure if u are skilled u can kick ass but a loki as a fighter over all, kinda sucks.

I mean, 1 missle bank, small missle bank at that.

Limited selection of primaries.    Really bad armor, not as fast as some fighters....

I personally don't like them

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Which choice is better?
Yeah, I don't like the Loki much either. Its only plus point is that it can carry the Maxim, but that pales in comparison to the deficiencies. :p A good pilot can perform well in any ship, so that isn't a really a good indicator of a good/bad ship.

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
Which choice is better?
Bad ships are ones you die in

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Which choice is better?
okay, I die in a Loki. :p :D

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
Which choice is better?
Bad CP, bad, no cookie for you, it's fast and turns on a dime, who needs missles?

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
Which choice is better?
exactly, missiles are for pussies.  Lokis kick arse.  and like i says, no dissing my LOKI! :D