Author Topic: Looking for Classic Battletech players  (Read 5100 times)

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Re: Looking for Classic Battletech players
If you guys don't mind educating new players, I'd love to play. The extent of my battletech knowledge comes from Mechwarrior and Mechcommander. My next semester starts up on the 5th, and I'll be free most times up until then and friday thru sunday after.

Offline Shade

What thesizzler says, except I've played it on two occasions when I was a teenager so my understanding of it is not entirely based on computer games... only almost :p If you don't want to be saddled with people who'll need hand-holding though, that's ok and I fully understand.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Considering they're going to need to hold my hand the first few games, I don't think that concerns them too much. :p
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
It's basically a game of luck with some tactical claptrap and statistics on it. But it can be fun.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I may or may not show up. I'm sort of burnt out on the existing BT continuity.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
Considering they're going to need to hold my hand the first few games, I don't think that concerns them too much. :p

Oh, its nothing complicated, you point your 100-ton assault mech bristling with god knows how many weapons of death at something, you shoot and you win.

;)

I'd be up for some games as well.

I'd be happy to give it a swing. I'm always on IRC anyway, and a turn based game is just nice for passing time before bed or whatever.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Hai gais, I'm back and able to do this intro session whenever.  We've got, what, five or six people for that?

I'm fine for doing it sometime tonight or this evening.  Now is actually fine provided we get a couple people.  I'm currently in HLP IRC actually.  We're using MegaMek 0.35.20?
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline dANGER boy

• New and improved, v2.0
    • Vortex Research & Design
****, sorry I've been so out of touch with this.  It's been crazy the last week with the holidays.  I'm flying back down to college tomorrow and school starts Tuesday so I'm gonna be swamped until the weekend.  However, how does an morning session on Saturday sound?  I'm Mountain Standard Time (-7 GMT).  I'm thinking sometime around 9AM but if other people's schedules/time zones don't work out we can choose another time.
[21:39] * Now talking in #hard-light
[21:39] <Zacam> Dear. God.
[21:39] * dANGER_boy is now known as God
[21:39] <God> Yes, I'm here
[21:39] <Zacam> I'd like to file a bug report.
[21:40] * thesizzler is now known as Jesus
[21:40] <Jesus> sup
[21:40] <God> Check with my secretary.
[21:40] <Jesus> hey dad
[21:40] <Zacam> Regarding the INANE flaws in human intelligence and the equality (or disparity) therof.
[21:40] * God points at Jesus
[21:40] * mura is now known as WhitePidgeon
[21:40] <+WhitePidgeon> kuuuuu

If your looking for more Classic Battletech players you might check out Mektek (http://www.mektek.net/), Mechwarrior Living Legends (http://www.mechlivinglegends.net/), and The Net Battle Tech System (http://www.netbattletech.com/).

I'm not into Classic Battletech myself but you might find more players at the sites I've listed.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 11:26:06 pm by Aurora Paradox »

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
****, sorry I've been so out of touch with this.  It's been crazy the last week with the holidays.  I'm flying back down to college tomorrow and school starts Tuesday so I'm gonna be swamped until the weekend.  However, how does an morning session on Saturday sound?  I'm Mountain Standard Time (-7 GMT).  I'm thinking sometime around 9AM but if other people's schedules/time zones don't work out we can choose another time.

Oh wow that's comparatively early for me.  I blame vacation.  I can try to make a 10 AM calltime, but that's going to play merry hell with my accustomed weekend sleep schedule. :P

I won't be able to make a 9AM MST game.  That would be 8AM over here on the West Coast, and there's no way I could make that.  10AM your time is pushing it too.  11 or 12 would be better.

Offline dANGER boy

• New and improved, v2.0
    • Vortex Research & Design
I can do anytime really.  How bout noon MST?
[21:39] * Now talking in #hard-light
[21:39] <Zacam> Dear. God.
[21:39] * dANGER_boy is now known as God
[21:39] <God> Yes, I'm here
[21:39] <Zacam> I'd like to file a bug report.
[21:40] * thesizzler is now known as Jesus
[21:40] <Jesus> sup
[21:40] <God> Check with my secretary.
[21:40] <Jesus> hey dad
[21:40] <Zacam> Regarding the INANE flaws in human intelligence and the equality (or disparity) therof.
[21:40] * God points at Jesus
[21:40] * mura is now known as WhitePidgeon
[21:40] <+WhitePidgeon> kuuuuu

Sounds good.

The game is hopefully in about an hour, so is there any way for us to get together and set this up?

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Anyone with a good connection want to volunteer to host?  All you need to connect is an IP and port number (and the correct version of MM.  Are we using .20 or .21?).  For simplicity's sake, we can use the default port, so we just need the host's IP to connect.

I can't host as I have a NAT router, so either you or dANGER boy will have to do it, or any of the other people who said they wanted to play.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
I can try, since this connection is.... kinda decent, I guess.  If it doesn't work, dANGER boy will have to try.

Host address: 74.243.19.35
Port: 2346

I'll be there as Dragoon.  Pick a callsign and join when you can.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Is it not working?

Nobody's showed up yet. :doubt: