Author Topic: FSPort mediavps debug warnings  (Read 3000 times)

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
FSPort mediavps debug warnings
I have found a few in mission testing so far:

Code: [Select]
IBX-DEBUG => POF checksum: 0x0649f342, IBX checksum: 0xc58f499f -- "fighter02.pof"
WARNING: "Subsystem "communications" in model "fighter02.pof" is represented as "communication" in ships.tbl.  Although FS2_OPEN 3.6 and later will catch and correct this error, earlier versions (as well as retail FS2) will not.  You are advised to fix this if you plan to support earlier versions of FreeSpace." at modelread.cpp:604

and

IBX-DEBUG => POF checksum: 0x13d53078, IBX checksum: 0x57f8d8ef -- "bomber01.pof"
WARNING: "Couldn't open texture 'bomber01-00b' referenced by model 'bomber01.pof'" at modelread.cpp:2274
WARNING: "Couldn't open texture 'shieldhit01a' referenced by model 'bomber01.pof'" at modelread.cpp:2274
Model bomber01.pof has a null moment of inertia!  (This is only a problem if the model is a ship.)

and

IBX: Found a good IBX/TSB to read for 'MX-50.pof'.
IBX-DEBUG => POF checksum: 0x8d6824ab, IBX checksum: 0x3141c987 -- "MX-50.pof"
DDS ERROR: Couldn't open 'wep-mx50-shine.dds' -- DDS was in an unsupported/unknown format
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Re: FSPort mediavps debug warnings
I assume you're playing the latest 3.6.12 package? I thought I had fixed all the debugs that popped up.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
Yup.  Just the straight fs port media vps.
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

I'm usinf fsport mediavps too.  I've corrected subsystems name problem with POF editor and created a new VP file. But for the following debug message I'm stuck

"Inverted bounding box on submodel 'detail2' of model 'fighter02.pof'!  Swapping values to compensate."

Any ideas?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
You don't need to play using a debug build - if you're just playing FSPort for fun, use a release build and you shouldn't get that (or any other) error.

Thank you. I'm playing mostly for fun but also to remember the good old days . I'm old you know ;)