Author Topic: SB Nephilim WIP  (Read 18798 times)

Offline BrotherBryon

• Resident Lurker
I like the spikes on the sides, but it's difficult to see how far back those "eyes" are, could we get a picture a bit off to the side?

They are recessed in there pretty far so you really can't see them except for nearly head on, Gives it a bit of a personal "I'm going to kill you" look in my opinion.
The Inferno Team approves of this work.  When you are satisfied with your work, we would like to help you UVmap and texture it (w/ your permission).

-INFTeam
Will do and thanks for the help, really liked what you guys did to the Taurvi and I can't wait to see the Basilisk.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Edit: Better picture
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 11:37:20 pm by BrotherBryon »
Holy Crap. SHIVANS! Tours

Offline Kolgena

+1 vote for ready-to-texture.

Offline sigtau

• unfortunate technical art assclown
Who uses forum signatures anymore?

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
The Inferno Team concurs w/ above statements.  Once the model is finalized and geometry errors carefully fixed, please kindly send it to us for UVmapping and texturing.

Projected estimate: If we receive the ship early next week, a fully textured version will be released to FSU by the following week.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Eh, I guess I can live with those mini-eyes...
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Snail

• SC 5
There is an awesome distillery right here. :yes:

...wha?
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline BrotherBryon

• Resident Lurker
Ported into blender and have started correcting the triangulation, god it's a mess I need to learn to do model design from a better application. I can correct things in blender but up and creating them from scratch still intimidates me. Would require a drastic shift in how I approach designing a model to ever become proficient at it.

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Google Sketchup has a notorious reputation of creating bad geometry.  Instead, I highly recommend Wings3D (http://www.wings3d.com).  The program, unless you force a geometry error, usually keeps the mesh pretty clean.

-R

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
I can correct things in blender but up and creating them from scratch still intimidates me. Would require a drastic shift in how I approach designing a model to ever become proficient at it.
It's really just up to you to find a work-flow that's comfortable. It doesn't really matter so long as you're still producing models :P
Taken to the extreme, I knew this guy who worked mainly in loq airou when he did low-poly modelling, exporting stuff was a nightmare (mainly because loq airou is actually just an application for geometry manipulation in a client-server architecture known as Verse), but he just really liked the program.
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Ported into blender and have started correcting the triangulation, god it's a mess I need to learn to do model design from a better application. I can correct things in blender but up and creating them from scratch still intimidates me. Would require a drastic shift in how I approach designing a model to ever become proficient at it.

Use E to extrude stuff and Alt-M to merge vertices; all the rest are details, which you'll get to know as you get along :P

Offline BrotherBryon

• Resident Lurker
I think I got all the geometry cleaned up, at least as far as I know how to do. Let me know when you guys want it.

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Now would be good.  We'll UVmap and texture it in the very near future.  ;)

INFTeam

Offline BrotherBryon

• Resident Lurker
Tried to upload the files but says the upload folder is full, contact an administrator.

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Try uploading to Mediafire.com

-R

Offline BrotherBryon

• Resident Lurker
One more time.

edit: Removed link
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 11:57:39 pm by BrotherBryon »

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Thank you.  The Inferno Team will get the Nephilim UVmapped and textured.

-R

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Here's a geometry error that needs fixing:

There are others but this is the major one that is perhaps most time consuming.  Please kindly link the pieces together and send us the fixed mesh.

Thanks,

INFTeam

Offline BrotherBryon

• Resident Lurker
Whoops can't believe I missed that, simple enough to fix. Let me know about any other problems. Fixed and uploaded again.

http://www.mediafire.com/?l6qiera6ok969gb

I really want to shoot that thing dead, many times over.
Good job there, BrotherBryon.
If you want to be ready for Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn, then download and play the prologue first.

Here,

http://www.wcsaga.com/downloads/files/download/releases-prologue-setup-exe.html

Then, while waiting for the Darkest dawn, Download Starshatter 4.02

http://www.starshattermods.com/infusions/pro_download_panel/download.php?did=214

You 'll understand why once you have.