Author Topic: Cutscene SEXPs in multiplayer?  (Read 1506 times)

Offline Parias

Cutscene SEXPs in multiplayer?
(Was unsure if this was more suitable for the multiplayer or FRED forums, so apologies if this is in the wrong spot)

I've been looking at putting together some multiplayer campaign missions, and given the limitations on the current multiplayer system (i.e. no cutscenes in multiplayer, command briefings, etc) was hoping to leverage some of the cutscene functions in the editor for multiplayer purposes instead for the sake of plot advancement and such.

Unfortunately it looks like when using these events in multiplayer (i.e. set-camera-position, target, etc) only the host is affected - I wasn't able to find any way to force this event on clients as well. I can sort of see why this would be at the moment, but was curious if there was any way to work around this or if there were any plans to allow these events to be distributed through multiplayer too (along with the functions to force AI control of player ships, although this would be less critical).

Thanks!

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: Cutscene SEXPs in multiplayer?
Mantis the broken ones and they'll get fixed reasonably quickly. Fixing broken SEXPs for multiplayer isn't that hard most of the time.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Parias

Re: Cutscene SEXPs in multiplayer?
Sweet - I was hoping for that sort of response. I'll do a bit more testing and see if I can Mantis up some additional details then.

Thanks!