Author Topic: FreeSpace Tropes  (Read 5680 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Well this is all in the effort that it eventually goes on the Wiki.

Offline Shade

Indeed. But suggesting a child board for what amounts to single wiki page is just silly. Especially since wiki pages come with their own discussion pages already.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 10:21:57 pm by Shade »
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline Lucika

• Victim of trolling-related humor
  • Modding is l'art pour l'art
    • Syrk: The Unification Wars
General FS Discussion, perhaps?
HLP member 2008-2012 and Syrk:TUW project leader ~2010-2012

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
General FS Discussion, perhaps?

Um, you do know this discussion is about the Wiki, right?

Offline Lucika

I do, but until it is in development stage (and this is not something that gets done in a day), I would've suggested that it might have a more free and open enviroment as a subforum there. But I shut up now :warp:

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
It's just going to be one page on the wiki, it doesn't need anything huge.

Offline Shade

Plus wiki pages conveniently come with a discussion page.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline Lucika

It's just going to be one page on the wiki, it doesn't need anything huge.

I'm probably biased due to the original, but isn't cross-referencing necessary between the tropes page and the actual campaign page both ways in order to make this useful? IMHO the tropes on the campaign's Wiki page could have a dropdown subthing so it would not tale away space unless someone actually wants to check them out.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
As agreed in this thread (i believe) there will not be any tropes on the campaign pages themselves. This will be confined to one page.

Offline Lucika

isn't cross-referencing necessary between the tropes page and the actual campaign page both ways in order to make this useful?
As agreed in this thread (i believe) there will not be any tropes on the campaign pages themselves. This will be confined to one page.

I take that as a no and warp away into nothingness again. :warp: