Author Topic: Starbuck and Scar: A personal war on the front lines from the very beginning?  (Read 1901 times)

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Starbuck and Scar: A personal war on the front lines from the very beginning?
I'm rewatching BSG with my friend Chéla, and it was the part where Starbuck finally made it out of the tube and went after her first Raider. She was the first (and as shown in the series, only) individual that a Raider tried to play their trump card on. Since she reported it, I imagine other pilots would have as well - yet they didn't.

I also noticed that one of the first shots was of several Vipers chasing after a single Raider; as in other engagements with Vipers, noticeably the original one with the Mark 7s as witnessed by Helo and Boomer in their Raptor, the Cylons probably only sent the minimum amount of ships (1) +1 for security (2) - for the Galactica assault, I don't believe there were that many, certainly not a whole squadron.

To the point, I pose the question; is the fact that the Raider finally tried to play it's trump card on Starbuck an indicator of it realizing that it was in trouble because one of the pilots was actually able to pose a threat, whereas all the other Raiders were toying with the "old relics" that the Galactica was sending out, therefore they (and the Raider that Starbuck shot down) were playing with them instead of immediately trying to shut down their systems?

Offline LordMelvin

• emacs ftw
  • VI OR DEATH! DOWN WITH EMACS!
Re: Starbuck and Scar: A personal war on the front lines from the very beginning?
I'd think that the cylons realized that the BSG stuff was old enough that their Baltar-programmed back door hacks didn't take, and that Starbuck was the one who reported it because she was the only one talented enough to have time to pay attention to that while dealing with the whole 'chaotic firefight' thing, (and the only one in space who was a named character that the audience could be expected to recognize.) ... My $.02
Error: ls.rnd.sig.txt not found