Author Topic: NEWS : Alpha-Build Release  (Read 24303 times)

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Re: NEWS : Alpha-Build Release
I'm getting "The program can't start because MSVCR100.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."
:nervous:

Did I do something bad?
Try installing http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=A7B7A05E-6DE6-4D3A-A423-37BF0912DB84
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
I'm on 64-bit.
I installed the x64 version of that.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Still getting that error ? Strange. I will point magic (the guy, not the energy :) ) to this matter, maybe he knows what the problem is. I can't promise anything, maybe the current build is not ready for X64
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Ok, so I needed the x86 version.
Got it working now. :P
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline magic

The game itself is x86 version.

It works well on 64 bit systems but c++ 2010 x64 redistributable wont help.
The game needs c++ 2010 x86 redistributable.

Offline Arcalane

• Wait, I'm supposed to use evasive maneuvers?
    • Wyrdysm Games Forums
As a note to whoever added the cruising Hellcat II to the Carver 5 mission "Mobile Intercept: Killdeer", it appears to cause the game to crash when it moves off the map. That's a theory anyway - it crashed once saying "STOP      :  [ASSERT 0]  Object moved off map" but I haven't been able to replicate. When repeating the mission, I shot it down before it could leave the map, and the mission did not crash that time.
Don't think, Mechwarrior. Find out.

Offline aledeth

Having a lot of fun with the game again. One weird problem that I get is when I move the cursor into the top 1/6th of my screen, it disappears. There's a definite boundary there, as I can see the cursor going into it and vanishing. It still functions though, I just can't see it when it's up there. Pull it back, and it's just like normal.

I'm playing the game on 1280x1024X32, so could this be a resolution issue?

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Does it happen in the game, or in the GUI in the main menu/mechlab ?
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline aledeth

Both screens actually. Though this may be an issue with just my system alone, as I remember having similar issues when using Wolfman-X's mod.

Specs:

Windows XP Pro S-pack3
GeForce 9800 GTX+
Core 2 Duo @3.16 Ghz
4GB Ram, only 3.326GB Recognized
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 05:42:39 pm by aledeth »

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Hm, I just doublechecked, works fine on my side. Might be really something on your system. Pls be so kind and post your system specs, so that if someone else report anything similar we have a clue where to start searching :)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

Offline magic

Both screens actually. Though this may be an issue with just my system alone, as I remember having similar issues when using Wolfman-X's mod.

Specs:

Windows XP Pro S-pack3
GeForce 9800 GTX+
Core 2 Duo @3.16 Ghz
4GB Ram, only 3.326GB Recognized

Yes, I noticed this on my XP SP3 machine too.
Works fine on Win 7 64 (my second machine).

I dont know is this an issue or something OS related.

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Well, since I don't have it (also use XP SP3), it's more likely a GPU issue than an OS problem. I'm using an ATI Card btw. Magic, what's in your XP machine ?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 06:22:08 am by Starman01 »
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

Offline magic

XP machine is ATI HD 4200 integrated grahics, with ATI 785 chipset. Athlon 2 x2 2.7 Ghz.
Win 7 is phenom x4 3.1Ghz, ati 790 chipset and ATI HD 4850 graphic card.

Edit: I just installed on XP SP3 machine with ati HD 4250 and ati 880 chipset works OK.

You are probably right Starman - GPU issue.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 04:14:10 am by magic »

Actually, to alleviate the flickering/disappearing mouse issue, all you need to do is disable "Hardware Mouse Rendering," or whatever its called, in the options menu. At least, that did the trick for me, both in the original and Omnitech. And I can confirm the issue with the Hellcat on Killdeer as well.

On another note, great job with Omnitech, guys.  It's an absolute blast with all the updated content, and I've been trying to get a real Widescreen resolution working forever. Thanks.

Offline aledeth

Actually, to alleviate the flickering/disappearing mouse issue, all you need to do is disable "Hardware Mouse Rendering," or whatever its called, in the options menu. At least, that did the trick for me, both in the original and Omnitech. And I can confirm the issue with the Hellcat on Killdeer as well.

On another note, great job with Omnitech, guys.  It's an absolute blast with all the updated content, and I've been trying to get a real Widescreen resolution working forever. Thanks.

You are my hero sir.

Anytime, my friend. In fact, I actually registered here specifically to help you out, since I recall how pissed I was when I first got MC2 and couldn't get my cursor to work properly. Figured I should save someone else the trouble.

On a feedback related note, are base defenses supposed to do no damage whatsoever? I'm playing on normal, if that matters, but in the overhauled Carver V campaign, All defenses fire to absolutely no effect. It makes some missions trivially easy.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 01:45:22 am by PsychoLandlord »

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
It could be really possible. Magic is always balancing his campaigns (and he overworked the Carver campaign) for use on "Elite" Difficulty Level :) But we have not even started to do anything to the balancing, so it is really possible that some parts are too easy on lower difficulties.
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

Offline Arcalane

• Wait, I'm supposed to use evasive maneuvers?
    • Wyrdysm Games Forums
On a feedback related note, are base defenses supposed to do no damage whatsoever? I'm playing on normal, if that matters, but in the overhauled Carver V campaign, All defenses fire to absolutely no effect. It makes some missions trivially easy.

I think it's because most of them use lasers and missile type weapons which are not exactly high-powered weapons to begin with, and often seem to do glancing hits if they hit at all. Autocannon, PPC and Gauss turrets are the ones you need to keep an eye out for. Gausses especially, those ones don't seem to miss.
Don't think, Mechwarrior. Find out.

Maybe, but would that apply to SRMs firing on vehicles too? I watched a pair of Pop-up SRM turrets pound on a cargo truck for an entire mission to no effect.

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Hm, that should certainly not happen, especially because those trucks have virtually no hitpoints. Were did it happen exactly (mission etc.)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH