Author Topic: What do you want to see in the Upgrade Project?  (Read 13754 times)

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
Re: What do you want to see in the Upgrade Project?
I'd rather have newer HTL models rather than revamped outdated HTL models. Get them all out and then fix the ones that looks too old.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Personally, I'd settle for someone finally fixing that missing Ulysses edge texture issue that seems to have slipped its way through the past two MediaVP releases. :p

The Ulysses is textured -exactly- as intended. Nothing is missing. But seeing as how one of the Insignia needs to be corrected on that model, it may be possible to "correct" what you feel is a defect. I personally think it adds some nice character to the vessel.

I have to wonder if we're talking about the same thing, as what I'm referring to is the strip of completely-flat gray along the front edge of the model.  (See here.)  It looks for all the world like someone forgot to map a texture to that tiny strip...I certainly can't see any justification from a stylistic standpoint, because it sticks out like a sore thumb and looks completely unnatural.  What's more, I'm fairly certain that someone on the FSU team mentioned it being an oversight in the past and stated that it would be fixed eventually.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
Personally, I'd settle for someone finally fixing that missing Ulysses edge texture issue that seems to have slipped its way through the past two MediaVP releases. :p

The Ulysses is textured -exactly- as intended. Nothing is missing. But seeing as how one of the Insignia needs to be corrected on that model, it may be possible to "correct" what you feel is a defect. I personally think it adds some nice character to the vessel.

I have to wonder if we're talking about the same thing, as what I'm referring to is the strip of completely-flat gray along the front edge of the model.  (See here.)  It looks for all the world like someone forgot to map a texture to that tiny strip...I certainly can't see any justification from a stylistic standpoint, because it sticks out like a sore thumb and looks completely unnatural.  What's more, I'm fairly certain that someone on the FSU team mentioned it being an oversight in the past and stated that it would be fixed eventually.
if you ask me, the quickest fix for that is just to weld those vertices together and be done with it.
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
    • Minecraft
Dammit. Cannot unsee.

I NEVER noticed that before.
[16:57] <CommanderDJ> What prompted the decision to split WiH into acts?
[16:58] <battuta> it was long, we wanted to release something
[16:58] <battuta> it felt good to have a target to hit
[17:00] <RangerKarl> not sure if talking about strike mission, or jerking off
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> WUT
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> hahahahaha
[17:00] <battuta> hahahaha
[17:00] <RangerKarl> same thing really, if you think about it

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
I've noticed it before though I'm not sure if I ever mentioned it or not. I have always thought it looked pretty terrible and should be removed, not only from there but from the gunbarrels as well. The Ulysses does have some pretty terrible mapping as it uses the retail map, so a full remap to a new texture sure wouldn't hurt.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
Boadicea needs some UV mapping redone, and textures baked then. Not much apart from that. Apart from LODS and debris that is.

Besides, i've claimed it ages ago, its just on hold till i get all the other **** done first.

Yeah, it's all the POF data that's gonna be the most difficult to do. Are you using RagingLoli's model or starting from scratch?
ragingloli's. the model is fully textured, but i didnt yet compare it to the retail boa, or if the NuIceni fits in it in any case :p

as i've said, i have a fair bit of models to go through first.
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline Hades

Yeah, so for all intents and purposes, it's not claimed until you or someone else starts working on it.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Kolgena

Is the problem with the meson bomb glow map fixed?

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Offline Hades

I don't believe so. In fact, the Meson bomb could actually use an entire reuvmap and new texture as it is.
----
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline ShivanSpS

Destructable ships... that will be awesome... ships and warships that breaks apart when they start taking damage. That will be a huge step forward.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Destructable ships... that will be awesome... ships and warships that breaks apart when they start taking damage. That will be a huge step forward.

This is for MediaVPs requests, not code requests.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
And that's, technically, doable since retail, with destroyable subsystems.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Snail

• SC 5
And it was done, sort of, with the Boadicea.

But the amount of work needed makes it completely infeasible.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
This would be useless for the FS2 campaign itself, but it would be an asset for campaign designers who wish to use MVP assets with their campaigns... expand on the derelict Orion model, and create damaged and derelict versions of all primary capital ships.  Ideally, this would be incorporated with code and PCS2 support so that the derelict hull can be merged in with the primary model to serve as an alternate to debris, so ships can destroy to hulks rather than blow to bits like they do now.  It would reduce the number of table entries required and give modders some new options, but as was said above, this is for MVP requests, not code requests so the solo derelict models would stand as the suggestion for now.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Luis Dias

Finish the Collossus already :P

Offline Hades

The Colossus has been finished for a while.
----
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Kolgena

Btw, what is the expected release date for 3.6.14?

Offline ShivanSpS

This is for MediaVPs requests, not code requests.
ups sorry, i just trought it will be cool to have something similar to Destruction 2.0 in BC2 or Red faction guerrilla itself.
but you right that code, no mediavps.

them, what about new visual interface's and menus graphics? The HUD graphics, briefing and all other in-game menus, tech room, weapons and ships selection interface's look old by now. That the first thing that my friends notices when i show the game to them for the first time.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
The Colossus has been finished for a while.
Diligent HLP workers proudly present to you... :hammer:  :

This AWESOME PIC of the colossus following this post:
el hombre vicio...