Author Topic: Preventing subsystem recharge  (Read 1204 times)

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Preventing subsystem recharge
This seems like it should be simple, but I can't find a way to do it in the wiki - is there a way to flag a specific subsystem so that it wont recharge on a fighter? So that if I set it at 1%, it stays at 1%, just like on a capship? I want to add a new (untargetable) subsystem to store numerical data linked to a ship, rather than a var, and recharging will, obviously, cause issues there. I can make the sexp that assigns the value call every second, which would also (I think) prevent recharging, but it's even hackier than the system I'm planning now, and this seems like the kind of basic behaviour we should be able to control in the events editor.

So, is it possible?
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: Preventing subsystem recharge
I tried this years ago and had exactly the same issue. Unfortunately, I can't remember how I worked around the issue and I doubt I still have the test mission.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
I want to add a new (untargetable) subsystem to store numerical data linked to a ship

Already using simulated hull? It's exactly the same as hull (as in, doesn't recharge), doesn't affect gameplay whatsoever unless you display it, and every ship type has it.

I've never looked into subsystem repair rate but if it's really impossible to do, I really agree that it should be customizable.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Frustratingly, I need to store two numbers, so simulated hull won't cut it, but I hadn't thought of it.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp