Author Topic: R1 By this summer?  (Read 25996 times)

Offline newman

tm
SOONER          please. The game just looks too awesome. xD

Also, hi, I'm new here I guess.

Welcome to the forum. Take a number, the doctor will be a while :P
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

D:

Thanks, though. :P

Firefly fans around here as well? It's getting better by the minute.

Firefly was a great series that should have ran much longer than just the events of the movie.
It was a great concept too.

Offline Master_Drow

• Theseus CIC officer.
Of course there are browncoats here.

Offline FraktuRe

• Not stupid enough
  • Cheesy oneliner, *****es!
    • Fraktured Reality
I like to walk around in a blue colonial uniform with a browncoat over the top, for the lolz.
Or something.
There’s nothing like the truth skewed into the mind of the insane.
- Fraktured Reality
The artist formerly known as Cl1nt.

No Browncoats here. <whitespace> Just Reavers, <whitespace> Cylons, <whitespace> and Shivans.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 03:02:48 am by Jeff Vader »

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator

And purplebellies. :drevil:

Offline newman

I like to walk around in a blue colonial uniform with a browncoat over the top, for the lolz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q3pdj9p6yI

:)
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q3pdj9p6yI

:)

I laughed so damn hard when that first aired.

Anyway on the subject of other shows don't forget the fetching raven haired Prowler pilots.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline newman

Anyway on the subject of other shows don't forget the fetching raven haired Prowler pilots.

#1 on this month's top 10 list: It's Rainin' Dren by the Nebari Girls.

Offline IronForge

• You Most Make Estimate!
  • Banned for failing to make a campaign in one month
For the record I'm still here and lurk every month or so, finally got a civil response via pm from a dev who doesn't suffer from unwarranted self importance, obviously not under this name and behind 7 proxys. Also kinda lost interest since even if this does ever release it will probably be 3 years from then before the next chapter gets released but hey it's free and free is either **** quality, or good quality (like this) but takes forever. I realize that now and nowadays play what I consider 'the best' games released NOW rather than waiting for something AWESOME (Jumpgate Evolution/Infinity Universe anyone?) but will probably never come. Until closed beta has started and the game is playable there is no point marking your calander, hope you learn from my mistakes. These folks probably have a job and family IRL and does this only as a casual hobby, spending less time on it than we spend on our fav mmo so yes it will take a loooong time. I know cos I made mods before and worked with casual 'on the weekend' studios, and stuff never gets done or gets done and then lack of updates for anything less than a professional, dedicated effort. Not saying that is wrong but at least say it up front instead of crpytic 'we don't know'. Of course you don't know because you have a life.
Oh and not going to say too much (for fear someone may get in trouble with actually talking to me), but release window was supposedly 'in a matter of months' and not 'years' however don't get your hopes up that was a loooong time ago, talked sometime last year.

TL;DR
Don't get excited over the distant future, plenty of great games to play now, tomorrow's games will always be awesome but when you finally get it, something more awesome will be in the pipe. Chill, probably a hobby project between a group of 30somethings with a job and kids, something many of us probably will never understand. Why tie yourself up and be a slave to some 'family' I will never understand. Gamer4lyfe

Im still waiting for Duke Nukem Forever to come out. <whitespace> And ive been waiting for 11 years now. Youll be able to literally throw **** around in that game! <whitespace> I cant frakking wait.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 03:03:50 am by Jeff Vader »

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
For the record I'm still here and lurk every month or so, finally got a civil response via pm from a dev who doesn't suffer from unwarranted self importance, obviously not under this name and behind 7 proxys. Also kinda lost interest since even if this does ever release it will probably be 3 years from then before the next chapter gets released but hey it's free and free is either **** quality, or good quality (like this) but takes forever. I realize that now and nowadays play what I consider 'the best' games released NOW rather than waiting for something AWESOME (Jumpgate Evolution/Infinity Universe anyone?) but will probably never come. Until closed beta has started and the game is playable there is no point marking your calander, hope you learn from my mistakes. These folks probably have a job and family IRL and does this only as a casual hobby, spending less time on it than we spend on our fav mmo so yes it will take a loooong time. I know cos I made mods before and worked with casual 'on the weekend' studios, and stuff never gets done or gets done and then lack of updates for anything less than a professional, dedicated effort. Not saying that is wrong but at least say it up front instead of crpytic 'we don't know'. Of course you don't know because you have a life.
Oh and not going to say too much (for fear someone may get in trouble with actually talking to me), but release window was supposedly 'in a matter of months' and not 'years' however don't get your hopes up that was a loooong time ago, talked sometime last year.

TL;DR
Don't get excited over the distant future, plenty of great games to play now, tomorrow's games will always be awesome but when you finally get it, something more awesome will be in the pipe. Chill, probably a hobby project between a group of 30somethings with a job and kids, something many of us probably will never understand. Why tie yourself up and be a slave to some 'family' I will never understand. Gamer4lyfe

For the record I think we've been quite clear from the get go that "we don't know" is part and parcel of this being hobby project for those involved and our bandwidth being subject to the demands of real life.  In fact it says so right in the FAQ which has been posted since this project was made public, so really accusing us of "cryptic" is a disingenuous assertion.  Secondly you don't need to be thirty something with kids to have social, avocational, and occupational responsibilities besides video games.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline newman

IronForge, you're a legend man :P *newman assumes an unwarranted, self-important, smug smile*

Offline IronForge

Im still waiting for Duke Nukem Forever to come out.And ive been waiting for 11 years now. Youll be able to literally throw **** around in that game!I cant frakking wait.

Well then, I'm sure you can wait 10 years for this.

And my guess is that this will take a year more at least to come out, if it ever does. And R2 will probably take another year. We haven't seen a decent progress report in ages, and I assume that is because it is a busy time of year and this IS a hobby project and there is no real dedication beyond just doing it for fun, wish you said so from the start.

The only thing that pisses me off is *insert dev here*'s high and mighty USI attitude, but judging by reading old posts I'm not the only one. But hey every forum has one mod that thinks they are above the common member.

And newman, you're a nice guy (by comparison), but yea "it's done when it's done" doesn't mean anything, neither are the other over 9000 ways of saying it. Why not just say 'not in the next year' in the FAQ instead?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 03:25:03 am by IronForge »

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
What pisses me off is idiots who can't be bothered to read the FAQ, repeatedly ask us the same question over and over again and then months later spout the information in the FAQ back at us as if they've somehow discovered the answer to some great mystery.

They're the WORST! :rolleyes:

And newman, you're a nice guy (by comparison), but yea "it's done when it's done" doesn't mean anything, neither are the other over 9000 ways of saying it. Why not just say 'not in the next year' in the FAQ instead?

Cause we might be done this year! Then again we might not. We really, really don't know. How many times do we have to tell you this! :rolleyes:
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline IronForge

Nah, mods who think they are God are still worse XD
I'm sure many agree... o wait you banned anyone who dares speak up against you.

Also, you rage too easily it's funny :P

When will it be done?

The team basically consists of volunteers who are giving up our spare time in order to produce a game. Since we can't work on it full time it's very hard to make estimates. If someone important to the team gets busy with real life commitments things can slow down. They always pick up again eventually, but we can't give any predictions for when the game will be completely done.

However since we are planning on having episodic releases, as as we get close to completion on each one we will be able to give rough estimates for how long it might take us to get the next release out.

Any estimate would be a best guess and would be subject to refinements and revisions depending on how much work is getting done and if we've hit any snags.
Lol did you folks change it? Anyway maybe add 'not in this year and probably not the next' to it?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 03:35:00 am by IronForge »

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Nah, mods who think they are God are still worse XD
I'm sure many agree... o wait you banned anyone who dares speak up against you.

Nope, I've never banned anyone for disagreeing with me.

Why do you think you're still here? If we banned people for disagreeing or being annoying you'd have been banned a long time ago. Your ban will come one month after release when you fail to release a campaign for Diaspora like you said you could. :p

EDIT : Oh wait! You've edited your post!

Also, you rage too easily it's funny :P

When will it be done?

Sounds like an admission of trolling. We do ban for that. See you in a week! :p

EDIT 2 : Seeing as how the devs are busy ROLFing at IronForge on the dev channel we decided to let him in so we can have the monkey dance for us some more. :p
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 03:49:56 am by karajorma »

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
* The E grabs popcorn

Oh this is fun.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
We ban for alt-nicks too. :p

Fortunately I just happened to delete someone completely by accident. :p