Author Topic: Does anyone know a site where....  (Read 2366 times)

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Does anyone know a site where....
I could type in a boat's registration code and pull up some data on it please?
It seems to be abandoned, with no intention of the owner returning, however, I cannot invoke salvage rights, because it is currently not in peril, so, therefore, I have to try and buy it from the guy, howeve,r I need his name, and that's where the site comes in.
Thanks!

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
the state/government should keep records of such things
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Nope, not there:(

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
This is where you put it in peril

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
Originally posted by Blue Lion

precisely what i was thinking

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator

That would work. :D

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Wierd, I was thinking of going under there with scuba gear and a cookie cutter :D

Offline Top Gun

What sort of Boat is it?

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
    Reset count: 4
Have you tried squatting yet? Takes about a year for common-law to take effect, but you don't have to do ****e and if the owner doesn't come back in a month (it being summer and all, boat season), you can safely assume he's not gonna and use it anyway.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
No, I haven't, what is it?
BTW it's a trimaran (sp?)

EDIT: I forgot to tell you it's condition. The reason I'm looking at it in the first place is that it seems to be derelict. It's been there for over 5 years, at least. However, it's still floating  and most of the paint is still on it. The only things it needs from what I can see is maybe a cabin refit, a new mast and boom, and a new rudder. However, this is only from the outside and what I can check with the pics I took of it.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2002, 11:41:14 am by 368 »

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
Squatting? Fix it up, start using it, if the owner doesn't start complaining in a year, it's legally yours. It's generally used for derelict buildings, but in this case it applies. Oh, and you can't make a big secret about it, or it's considered theft instead. But if you're the only one maintaining and using it, it technically becomes yours after a time, assuming you're in the US (you are, right?), and you get to use it in the meantime.

Legally sound, though it's not a written law. Do a quick check with the state laws, first, since a few banned it recently (I think), but it doesn't sound like the dude's using it or gonna miss it at any rate, so even if you're in one of those states...

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
would repainting it count as it being secret?
But, yea, I'm in  a US territory, the USVI.

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
No, I was talking about things like sneaking out at the dead of night to ride it about silently. So long as you don't make any big deal about it, it's not a big deal.

I'd replace the mast, etc. too, if I were you. Nothing helps a potential ownership case like being the one who maintains and indeed bought a good chunk of it.

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
    • http://nodewar.penguinbomb.com/forum
Check the hold. You might find the owner, or at least his maggot infested corpse.

Personally, I'd cut it loose and use it to further the development of my mortar cannon.
"I.....don't.....CARE!!!!!" ---- an0n
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat
~-=~!@!~=-~ : Nodewar.com

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
actually, there is no mast :D
Anyways, I don't even think the owner is alive anymore. The originalk owner of a nearby boat (it has since sunk) has been dead for over 20 years...

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
well there's carfax.com, where they have info on cars, there's got to be a 'boatfax.com' or something :D search for it

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
Bah, just start using it, if anyone complains, then you got your answer, if no one does, you got your boat