Author Topic: Map Help thread.  (Read 4263 times)

IM currently working on base nomad and got the base it self up and the terrain etc but i was wondering how do i get enemy units to spawn at a certain time and then move to attack a specific structure en route and if intercepted by your units attack them? Cause i want some of the units to follow the same path they would take in MCG.
Edit
How do i give my team mechs off the start instead of buying?
Edit
base nomad is crashing while loading any ideas?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 08:18:55 am by LeviathanChiken »

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
IM currently working on base nomad and got the base it self up and the terrain etc but i was wondering how do i get enemy units to spawn at a certain time and then move to attack a specific structure en route and if intercepted by your units attack them? Cause i want some of the units to follow the same path they would take in MCG.

Theoretically, if you place them in the outside of the map in the blue fog, only one or two tiles (Careful : Crashing danger when moving with a selected unit in the outside) AFAIK there is also a way to "spawn" units, but this requires coding in the mission brain file, and I don't know if you can give them specific brains after that.

How do i give my team mechs off the start instead of buying?

Only way I know is, that this only works for the first campaign mission. THere you have to deselect the pre-mission logistic checks

base nomad is crashing while loading any ideas?

Just a guess :) If you don't get any error messages in the editor, and the game chrashes with about half the mission loading bar done, then it's most certainly a error in the script files (the vehicles brain files)

First, check if you have named them correctly in the mission.fit file. If so, start removing them until you find the one causing the problem. :pimp: :pimp:
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

With regards to the brains i only used default ones aka when i placed the unit on the map thats what it got.

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Well, that's usually the reason for a crash like this. If it would be a map problem (with goals or so, the editor would mock). Have you checked if you didn't make any typo in the mission.fit file while assigning the brain names to the units ?
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

i didnt assign anything just default brains for the units that were put on the map.

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Well, then you can only go the hard way. Make a copy of the finished thing. Then start removing items piece by piece, start by goals and other stuff. Maybe you placed items under water or something else. Sorry, can't give any better advice, that's what I would do now too :)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

regardless heres mission one for anyone that wants a look.
http://www.gamefront.com/files/20176871/data.rar
Im having trouble getting water to show right.