Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 48593 times)

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Spotting is better now.  Heavy tanks have better view range, but Light tanks are fast enough to find people the Heavy tanks can't see yet, and work as excellent artillery hunters and, if they catch them off-guard, can easily kill just about anything without a decent turret.  And sometimes tanks that just have slow turrets, like the KV.  Tanks will SOMETIMES vanish from plain view, but it's not as bad as the beta.  If they do, it's because it's a stealthy tank, with a high crew camouflage skill, and camo netting.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
If they do, it's because the guy spotting them just died.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Nah, it happens if you're looking straight at them. It usually happens now when they move into cover.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
After two days of grinding, I finally have my KV.

The first match I played in it was a Tier 9 game.  What the **** autobalance?

The next six games were all Tier 9.

Another six games later, I finally got a Tier 5 game where I could kill things.  I got a Top Gun, Confederate, Sniper, and Invader, all in one game.  It made the entire two days worth it, just to kick that much ass.

Also, bought the KV and turret upgrade before they split it into the KV-1 and KV-2, so I get a free KV-2 and a shiny new garage space when they do finally split.

Yay.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Sadly, my best game yet (Top Gun with 8 kills, Sniper) was in my Panzer IV, after I got Elite with it.

Though my most experience in a match was with a VK3601 after I took on the worst IS and the worst VK4502 in existence in turning fights and won.

A Feddie Story

Offline Epeo

Finally I got my KT after long grinding with Tiger I. I fell in love with KT in beta and I´m happy to see it still kicks ass. With upgraded gun I finally have tank that can match its Russian and USA counterparts as lower tier Germany tanks suck IMO, expect VK. Though I had to sell my t-34-85 with 100m D10T to get this fun...

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Got a Tiger, but don't want to drive it while it's still packing the short 88...

A Feddie Story

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
I'm now working my way up to the T-34 because I've realized that I really hate Heavy tanks for being to slow and Light tanks for being too squishy.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Are Tank Destroyers worth investing time in? I'm wondering if blowing stuff up with a Jagdpanther might be fun..

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Depend on your playstyle. They mostly have fixed guns, meaning that close combat is anthama and corners are their mortal enemies. On the other hand, they also tend to have a superb gun for their tier, and frequently good armor. If you enjoy sniping at people or have a good feel for the terrain and some patience, you can probably make effective use of a TD.

A Feddie Story

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
I was just trying different kind of play-style cause it's kind of boring grinding with only light tanks. Also I tend to die way too much during close quarters combat anyway. I was wondering what TD to aim for.

Offline Patriot

Well, the M10 Wolverine is pretty nice to drive.

also the SU-85/107 is a beast with the SU-100/122 being just a tad deadlier in pure damage per shot, penetration difference being negligible.

According to my clanmates, the StuG(played myself, liked it a lot) with the long 75 is good, and the JagdPanther with the long 88 is decent, but i am personally waiting for the second german TD line which should come end of the month with the new patch.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
The earliest US TDs are lulzy by some combination their speed, gun, or (lack of) armor, but about the M10 things settle down into a normal grind until you reach the T25, when it's back to the lulz again; T25s are monsters that are remarkably quick and agile, and the stuff beyond that doesn't move, at all, but will tear faces off with great skill.

The early German and Russian models are both somewhat blah; the German line doesn't really get good until the Ferdinand and the Russian until the SU-100.

A Feddie Story

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
I've got the Panzerjäger I and I really love it.  The 'grind' through it was amazingly fast because you can punch through damn near anything in the same match as you, but your armor is kinda meh and you don't have much health.  Speed is decent, until you realize you're fighting light tanks who are almost without exception faster than you.  Best use of low-tier German TDs is as a sniper, and I suspect that holds for other countries' TDs as well.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
I just killed two Leopards with a single round from my Hummel, firing direct. Revenge for all those times scouts killed me after getting past the front line is awesome.

A Feddie Story

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Grinding toward the Panther at the moment.  I have come to the conclusion that the PzKpfw 38 nA sucks balls.  It's too slow to be a very good scout, too small to soak damage, has too small of a gun to deal any meaningful damage, and has the armor of a box of Kleenex.

Only 20k more exp to go. :<

Offline Epeo

Ah, I remember how satisfying it was to kill unlucky PzKpfw 38 nAs who drove near my Tiger, but that's about only good memory I had from that tank.

Damn KT is expensive to maintain. You get about 20k credits from average battle but about 25k goes for ammunition and 10k to repairs. Luckily I got that random USA´s premium tank because of beta and it gets loads of credits even from scouting.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
There is something wrong with the T5E1 105mm gun. I can miss targets that are larger than my reticule.

A Feddie Story

The master plan of the developers was to make the high Tiers too expensive to maintain so that people drive around in mid-Tier vehicles to keep the mid-Tier matches populated for new players.
To me it was another ingredient of the cure to WoT addiction (the others were the God's Eye View for arty, lack of balance, and the inability of lower Tier units to threaten the higher Tier ones in a match due to huge gaps in hitpoints). Now I hardly play at all anymore...
'Teeth of the Tiger' - campaign in the making
Story, Ships, Weapons, Project Leader.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Another person succumbs to the Bittervet.

A Feddie Story