Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 48610 times)

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
I finally figured out the best way to use low tier light tanks and I find that I can't stop playing. o_o
I'll probably run outa steam when I get my next tank. I have... 20,000 credits. It might be awhile yet...

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
lack of balance
The developers can't decide if they want a historical realistic game or a game game. :p
Hence the light tanks being overal terrible and not really useful for scouting at all because their real historical counterparts were just low tier tanks.

I'm like a 50% bittervet. On one hand I really enjoyed the game, on the other hands I became frustrated by a bunch of issues in the beta that persisted through out the whole beta. Which pretty much carried into 'release' (aka, start charging money for gold coins for the same game version as you were playing in the beta).
I feel there is a lot of untapped potential in this game. Like... gamemodes that are not random deathmatch :p
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
I finally figured out the best way to use low tier light tanks and I find that I can't stop playing. o_o
I'll probably run outa steam when I get my next tank. I have... 20,000 credits. It might be awhile yet...
And i'm at 60,000 now... Guess I had time to kill today. :lol:

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Like... gamemodes that are not random deathmatch :p

Company battles, clan battles (which mine does for the occasional lulz), and they've promised a historical mode at some point.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Indeed.  I'm really looking forward to historical battles.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
How do company battles work?

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
You get together a group of 15 or so people, where tier is pretty much a non-issue (except you can't roll out with 15 Tier 10s.  I forget how many tier points you get at the moment).  You are only matched against other companies.  After the game, the victor is awarded 50% of the loser's experience and credits.  In effect, it's a higher stakes game for higher grade players.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Whenever I get down on this game, I hop in the Hummel and play it until somebody starts screaming "**** you arty" or related things. Usually doesn't take more than three games.

Delicious tears, etc.

A Feddie Story

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
Btw. Have you guys checked your crew members names? I never took that much notice on them... untill I saw these two fellas on my M4A2E4.

I bet those poor bastards were the laughing stocks during their whole military career.
Habeeb it...

Offline crizza

This game is highly addictive^^
But I like it.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Btw. Have you guys checked your crew members names? I never took that much notice on them... untill I saw these two fellas on my M4A2E4.

I bet those poor bastards were the laughing stocks during their whole military career.

I had a German Tank Destroyer gunner named "Knut Shroeder."

I kept him.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
What happens if you exchange tank crews? Just low efficiency?

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
What happens if you exchange tank crews? Just low efficiency?

You take a hit when you retrain for a new tank, although generally you get something a little better than stock retraining (unless you just pay for the 100% every time). Most of my crews have been the same since Tier Four, and I think Technical Sergeant Casper Rappitt, who commands my T29, was actually my original T1 Cunningham commander. (Amusingly though his crew isn't nearly as decorated as the ones who drive my Tiger.)

A Feddie Story

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Retraining crews across vehicles loses a certain amount of the major qualification, depending on the type and size of the vehicle.  The lowest drop I've seen has been 15%.  If your crew is at 80 or 90% in the major qualification before you retrain them, the c20,000 option of training them usually gets them up to 80 or 85% instead of the default 75%.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Had an amazing first day with SPGs. In one match where my team was down to 3 SPGs and 2 tanks I managed to one shot a 100% Hetzer with Tank mode in my Bison. All those games in crappy TDs finally paid off. :D

Offline crizza

This game is realy good.
But I have one question: I am stuck with german tanks...
Sure, im using only light tanks and a Jagdpanzer, but are the tanks of the sovjiets and americans better?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 05:00:46 am by crizza »

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Some Soviet tanks are pretty good. The A-20 is the fastest tank in the game I believe.

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
In that case, they need the M18 Hellcat if they don't already have it. 55mph, baby!
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Some Soviet tanks are pretty good. The A-20 is the fastest tank in the game I believe.

This is a lie. The A-20 has the max top end speed, but its acceleration and ability to sustain speed in a turn are both terrible. The BT-7 and Pz IIIA are both considerably more agile in practice, as are the Stuart variants. I've never driven an M7 to find out, but it wouldn't surprise me to discover it's better too.

Had an amazing first day with SPGs. In one match where my team was down to 3 SPGs and 2 tanks I managed to one shot a 100% Hetzer with Tank mode in my Bison. All those games in crappy TDs finally paid off. :D

I'll let you in on a secret: unless you're literally point-blank like they just came around a corner in front of you...don't come out of arty aiming mode. It's more accurate even for direct fire.

A Feddie Story

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
It's an easy mistake to make, coming out of sniper mode.  People never remember that the circle is where the round could possibly hit if there are no obstacles.  If the tank is only half the size of the reticle, you can move it so that the tank occupies the closer half, and you'll (usually) have a much improved chance of hitting.  It's like lowering your reticle from the turret to the body to get more of the tank in your sights.