Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 48322 times)

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Having also played most of them (although not the Tier 10 ones), and played against them even more, German heavies still suck.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Would like to know, A) your ingame name, B) what way you typically played said heavies

Also, frankly, most tier 10 German players suck. I see E-100's and Maus' trying to pen my tank's (IS-7, E-75) strongest armor segments (turret, upper hull) while not even trying for the weak bits (lower plate, cupola).
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Surely there can't be anything behind such a big number of complaints?

Have you looked at the whiney idiots who play this game lately? I mean, it was always kinda bad, but now it's to the point I can only absorb small doses of WoT.

I should note that I tend to think Scotty's correct on the VK45P more than Hades, though, because it has a serious side armor problem and the positioning of the turret renders it unable to quickly seek cover. Playstyle adaption can minimize but it cannot eliminate these weak points, especially when compared to other heavies.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 09:07:13 am by NGTM-1R »
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Hades

Surely there can't be anything behind such a big number of complaints?

Have you looked at the whiney idiots who play this game lately? I mean, it was always kinda bad, but now it's to the point I can only absorb small doses of WoT.

I should note that I tend to think Scotty's correct on the VK45P more than Hades, though, because it has a serious side armor problem and the positioning of the turret renders it unable to quickly seek cover. Playstyle adaption can minimize but it cannot eliminate these weak points, especially when compared to other heavies.
The VKP's a weird one, not meant to be played like tanks with center or frontally-mounted turrets, which is not always possible. But when used right, oh man is it a toughie.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 10:58:35 am by Hades »
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
And a lemon is still useful for making lemonade.  That doesn't make it good by itself.  It needs a very select set of circumstances that are difficult to find in a pub match, and even more difficult to find if you're fighting and opponent that actually knows how to deal with it.

Offline Hades

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm56/HLPHades/vk4502preverseangle.png

Nah. This is possible any time there is cover, which is often. And unless they rush you, they can't hurt you, and even then, rushing you causes them a lot of damage while you still have the ability to reposition your armor as they move at you, making them too weak to finish you on their own once they get close enough to nullify this tactic.
----
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
You've never been flanked before like that?  I don't believe it.  Might as well be painting a bright red "SHOOT HERE" sign on the side of your hull for anyone who's not hugging the wall you happen to be using as cover.

Offline Hades

You've never been flanked before like that?  I don't believe it.  Might as well be painting a bright red "SHOOT HERE" sign on the side of your hull for anyone who's not hugging the wall you happen to be using as cover.
It's certainly possible, but when that happens, reposition! If they're coming from behind said building, they literally can't pen you if you do it right.
----
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
I find the T49 to be a total ***** to use after getting used to the M8A1, but I want that hellcat.

I got it yesterday, 15 games, 1 win. I need to work on how I use these turreted TD's.
Can't sit there after being spotted, but also need to be shooting stuff, too clunky to scout like a light, it's a interesting thing to figure out.

Interesting, but also frustrating at times when your shells bounce off an AMX40 and their arty/TD/heavy/whatever one-shots you
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 03:15:15 pm by MR_T3D »

Offline crizza

The Hellcat is sweet. It has a pretty fast reload, is the fastest TD in it's tier class.
When I played it, I always hung back and waited. When the scouts did their job, I charged in...sure, you're not as fast as a scout, but you are fast enough and pack the punch too go in and destroy their arty.

Offline Patriot

Just roam around a little ways away from whoever seems to have the most chance of surviving and is moving in the enemy's general direction. That way you're not in front, not falling behind and still able to support the team.

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
The Hellcat is sweet. It has a pretty fast reload, is the fastest TD in it's tier class.
When I played it, I always hung back and waited. When the scouts did their job, I charged in...sure, you're not as fast as a scout, but you are fast enough and pack the punch too go in and destroy their arty.

How are you not as fast as a scout? The M18 Hellcat could go up to 55 MPH, which is faster than the listed speeds of pretty much any modern tank by a good margin...
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Hades

Only goes 72 kilometers after a bit of accel ingame due to engine limitations.
----
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
That engine limitation is being lifted in the next patch.  I've heard stories of Hellcats breaking 100 kph going downhill in the physics test.

Then again, I've seen a video of an E-50 breakin 90 kph downhill, so I suppose there's that.  ****'s gettin faster yo.

Offline crizza

A decent scout is fast and can turn it's turret fast enough to match it's speed. While the Hellcat is fast, granted, you'll get problems to turn your turret while circling.

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
welp, got the upgrades for the T49 and a camo net, and now I've figured her out, she's a lot of fun, and supposedly the same playstyle as hellkitty, so I'll be content taking my time to get there.

Also picked up the panzer 4 and am working on getting the T-34 and KV-1 lines.

I wish MM would account for whether or not the tank has upgrades.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Sometimes I think it does, actually, but it supposedly doesn't.

Sidenote: the new physics engine is going to cause people to stop actually playing the game for a couple weeks. Why?

That's why.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
The physics engine got me a bit exited when I visited the test server. Though I had hoped for even more climbing ability from it, but still it was great fun to see most of the players just drive around and off the mountains and bridges.

Actually I've missed the fun factor in WoT for some time now. After Tier 6 without Premium account not even money is there to ease a bad game.
Habeeb it...

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
And you thought you had a bad day when a piano fell on you. :)

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
YEEEESSSSSSS! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!

It begins!

The age of the Maus drivers driving off cliffs and almost killing themselves to crush enemy tanks under their weight!

Soon no cliff or hills high enough for a tank to drive off through will be safe!  :lol: