11 (17.5%)
Medium
31 (49.2%)
Hard
14 (22.2%)
Insane
6 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Author Topic: What difficulty to you play on?  (Read 5418 times)

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Re: What difficulty to you play on?
Play BP multi. We're working pretty hard on making sure stuff is very, very challenging on higher difficulties.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Play BP multi. We're working pretty hard on making sure stuff is very, very challenging on higher difficulties.

Yeah, see, that's part of the problem beyond where I am. Anything balanced for QD is not meant for mortal men.

And more to the point, I'm not saying I want a challenge out of the game. (A lot of the time I don't.) I just don't want to be bored.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq

Yeah, see, that's part of the problem beyond where I am. Anything balanced for QD is not meant for mortal men.

And more to the point, I'm not saying I want a challenge out of the game. (A lot of the time I don't.) I just don't want to be bored.

QD doesn't play BP multi. Most of the missions there have been designed by new FREDders who signed up out of enthusiasm - the classic multi crowd would never have designed so many capship command dogfights.

And fortunately (in more general terms, not just for BP) we still have newcomers to the community to test on and make sure difficulty is staying under control.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 02:13:36 pm by General Battuta »

Offline Marcov

• Chicken Little
  • My Sig Is Spam
Is Quantum Delta really INSANE? Just to see how exactly insane this guy is, how about a challenge in multiplayer, and let's see how many seconds I last?
With the rapid increase of FS fan-made campaigns, we're giving the GTVA a harder time with more violence and genocide.

~FreeSpace: The Battle of Endor (voice dub)~
Part 1/4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9K9-Y1JBTE
Part 2/4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtQanXDRAXM
Part 3/4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoBLKYt_oG0

Old (original) videos:
Part 1/4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1ygskaoUtE
Part 2/4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0uoPTksBlI

Offline Kolgena

I've never seen him in action, but he has some mission walkthroughs and LP's posted up on youtube.

A few years ago he also wrote up a massive dogfighting guide that was filled with deep wisdom.

Offline Enigmatic Entity

• Exemplar Essayer
  • Amigo ad infinitum.
I find dying 5 times on a mission removes immersion, especially if you start getting pissed because some stupid ship decided it would attack you this time only, etc. Which is why new campaigns are played on easy...(I'd like to see someone finish the last mission of WoD on Insane :drevil:)

I saw QD's Tube videos of an MP dogfight, or was that from someone else's ship? Anyway, if you're playing him, when you turn around to face him all you see is lazorz, missiles and red just before he flies out of view (and you blow up).
Juvenescence and multifariousness is eternal.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
The final mission of WoD on insane isn't actually that difficult, the only thing that incereases is the turret ROF.

Offline Mort

• The dog that went meow
I've never seen him in action, but he has some mission walkthroughs and LP's posted up on youtube.

A few years ago he also wrote up a massive dogfighting guide that was filled with deep wisdom.
Where is the guide?

I usually play on a medium difficulty.  If I'm really stuck on a mission I'll drop the difficulty down a notch.

I can usually tolerate medium, though I do end up backing it down to easy if the mission starts kicking my butt (such as Slaying Ravana, Bearbaiting, Forced Entry, Aristeia, Delenda Est...you get the idea).

I could probably take on hard - but only in War in Heaven, and only if I hug the Karunas for the whole mission. :p
:divedivedive: <--- This needs to be a smiley.
Developer of the Singularity campaign/mod (WIP)
I call dibs on developing a Capella Barbecue Theory campaign.

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature

Insane. (In the Membrane). This includes with the Fury AI.

I don't always win, but it's a lovely thrill.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Mostly easy...

On High Noon, i'd use Insane (in mission simulator) and the GTVA Colossus is down in three minutes... :eek2: Tone it down to Hard, and i afterburned like there ain't tomorrow to put those two Sath beams out of commission. Those beams punch a crazy amount of damage.

On Bear Baiting, i could destroy all four beam cannons and two long range heavy flaks (mostly on Easy, on Medium only beam cannons go down not the flaks). God, i hate flaks.  :mad:

And of course, Insane on In to The Lions Den is much fun! :D
Acts of sacrifice

The final mission of WoD on insane isn't actually that difficult, the only thing that incereases is the turret ROF.

Waow, that was the only mission where I had to turn down the difficulty. I just couldn't get through that turret screen, either I moved to fast and kept crashing myself into walls, or I moved too slow and kept, well, being shot at.

Offline Enigmatic Entity

• Exemplar Essayer
  • Amigo ad infinitum.

Waow, that was the only mission where I had to turn down the difficulty. I just couldn't get through that turret screen, either I moved to fast and kept crashing myself into walls, or I moved too slow and kept, well, being shot at.

...and then running out of time or getting lost in that stupid growth hormone eating - thing. Poor Crystal, died so many times. But, I guess she's used to it, she dies 3 times every time some one completes "Into the Lion's Den", or worse, leik 20 in JAD :nervous:
Juvenescence and multifariousness is eternal.