Author Topic: red faction Armageddon  (Read 3777 times)

Re: red faction Armageddon
thats not what i wanna zee
sorry still playing

Offline Nuclear1

RF:A was one of the few games I ever preordered.  Long story short, it's worth a playthrough, especially if you were a fan of Infamous, Resistance 2, Red Faction, or Descent.  The campaign is somewhat short (even running on 24 hours of no sleep, I managed to blow through it in about six or seven hours), but it has some pretty fun moments and some cool references to Guerrilla. 

The reason I mentioned those four games earlier is that RF:A seems to mix a lot of elements from those games; the superpowers from Infamous, Resistance 2's tone and atmosphere, Red Faction's universe, and some really cool Descent-style levels.  I personally think it did all of them pretty well, but not exceptionally.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

I just recently beat RF:A and thought it was pretty fun. I haven't played any of the other RF games, actually. Linear or not, you can think of hundreds of ways to kill aliens and destroy everything you see. If that's the sort of thing that entertains you, turn off your brain and let the annihilation commence!

I find the power creep of the weapons slightly amusing, though. Would I rather have a rifle that shoots bullets, or a rifle that shoots

Spoiler:
exploding black holes?

Tough choice. Although it's not as if you need anything besides the magnet gun anyway.

Offline Glowhyena

• PC Gamer
    • Steam
I felt strange about the game because its art cover is blue.

I felt strange about the game because its art cover is blue.

Red planet = blue cover.

Cover art for Blue Planet (if it had cover art) = red. BRILLIANT!

I felt strange about the game because it hands me a magnet gun and expects me not to destroy every little destructible piece of scenery. If they didn't give you that repair tool, I never would have made it past the first stairway/bridge.  :D

Offline mxlm

They give you the repair tool because they expect you to destroy everything.
I will ask that you explain yourself. Please do so with the clear understanding that I may decide I am angry enough to destroy all of you and raze this sickening mausoleum of fraud down to the naked rock it stands on.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Internal leaks from V suggest a lot of publisher pressure on this game really messed with the story. Development was unhappy, with a lot of confusion and uncertainty as to what the game wanted to be.

However, I really approve of the design regarding the magnet gun/nanoforge. Between this and Saint's Row 3, :v: is really stepping up as the most fun company in gaming.

Internal leaks from V suggest a lot of publisher pressure on this game really messed with the story. Development was unhappy, with a lot of confusion and uncertainty as to what the game wanted to be.

However, I really approve of the design regarding the magnet gun/nanoforge. Between this and Saint's Row 3, :v: is really stepping up as the most fun company in gaming.

Yeah, the main plotline felt sort of like an afterthought, or a flimsy justification for a bunch of people to tell you to perform fairly mundane and mostly unrelated missions. You can pretty much ignore the story and just hit tab to follow the waypoints between smashing the whole place up.

Dragon Age II sort of had that problem as well, but I still like both games.

Offline Glowhyena

• PC Gamer
    • Steam
The game is a really bad pun, a material defender said that on descentbb.net.

Offline mxlm

Dammit Batman, links. I demand links, sir.
I will ask that you explain yourself. Please do so with the clear understanding that I may decide I am angry enough to destroy all of you and raze this sickening mausoleum of fraud down to the naked rock it stands on.