Author Topic: recommended system requirements  (Read 2739 times)

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Re: recommended system requirements
But what exactly there's to run while playing aside from various system stuff, a security program, and perhaps controller and sound profilers. Couldn't one core handle that, while FS would have the second one?

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
You just answered your own question.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

In my opinion, recommended system requirements is anything that that can fluidly run Blue Planet WiH, pretty much the benchmark at this time. Of course, there are even larger, crazy benchmarks...
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
You just answered your own question.
Considering that all of them now take about 8% of the processor time, I'd say that if I assigned FSO (and only it) to the second core, I wouldn't really have anything to do with two more of them (I'd most likely even be able to run a headtracker on the first core without any problems).

Recommended specs for highest settings & resolution with all MVPs and enhancements activated? I think any Core 2 series CPU and a GeForce 8600 series GPU are reasonable. Obviously MUCH older hardware can still run the game pretty well, but for near-perfect performance in WiH I'd say that's fair. Any good gaming computer since 2007 shouldn't have any issues IMO.

Strangely, I have a Core 2 Quad Q9400, GeForce GTX 295, and 6GB of RAM and Karunas still tend to give my computer a run for its money.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 12:52:26 pm by Insomniac34 »

Offline Kopachris

• send penguins
    • Steam
    • Twitter
2.8GHz Athlon II X4 (quad-core)
4GB RAM
1GB GeForce 9400GT

No problems with BP here at 1600x1200 and all the bells and whistles.  Lowest it got to was 30fps on that one mission
Spoiler:
where we met the Vishnans in the Carina Nebula

DISCLAIMER: I have not played WiH at all, nor have I played BP since upgrading to 3.6.12 and MediaVPs_3612.  Also, I built my rig for rendering 3D animations, not playing games, and on a budget.  It could be much better.
----
My Bandcamp | Discord: Kopachris#0001 | My GitHub