Author Topic: Things you would like to see in WoD  (Read 21092 times)

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Re: Things you would like to see in WoD
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
  • ...and by awesome I mean Jerk!
You know what my very favorite part of WOD is?

Cool artwork? Elaborate plot? Good mission design?

All good things, but I'd have to say creative weapons and ships!

I spent a long time in the weapons loadout screen debating what tools to take into the fight. Make the ones for WOD2 more creative, more diverse and more unique! I know that mostlikely you are already doing this. Fighting unique bad guys was cool too. That codori(squid guy) gliding fighter made my head turn sideways, also it's very scary going up against a fighter that tries to beam you! I look forward to WOD2! Are you going to bust out those sidetrusters again? I was getting pretty comfortable using them.

BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

I would see some recurring oponent that you would blast several times but keeps coming back, a la some-girl-I-don't-remember-the-name-right-now in Shogo. That was fun.

Offline Deadly in a Shadow

• Buntu!
I would see some recurring oponent that you would blast several times but keeps coming back, a la some-girl-I-don't-remember-the-name-right-now in Shogo. That was fun.
A running-gag enemy?

BTW: Hopefully, here is a reappearance of the HLP Squadron:D
"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"
"Uh, Sir we can hear the explosion."
"No you can't, there is no air in space. Sound can't travel through a vacuum!"

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Actually one thing I really would like to see is weapons with less generic names, so they're more recognisable. Sometimes I bring a weapon into a mission only to find out it was something completely different to what I thought it was, especially the first time.

And a return of the HLP squadron would be awesome.

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
Actually one thing I really would like to see is weapons with less generic names, so they're more recognisable. Sometimes I bring a weapon into a mission only to find out it was something completely different to what I thought it was, especially the first time.

Oh yeah, the HLP squadron MUST ride again.
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I just thought of the octopus thing in Final Fantasy VI.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
On a more serious note:

Something I would also like to see for WoD2 is faces for alien races other than the Cyrvans. It would be the extra detail I would definitely appreciate having. :D
Probably not going to happen (imagination is stronger than what I could come up with)

You know what my very favorite part of WOD is?

Cool artwork? Elaborate plot? Good mission design?

All good things, but I'd have to say creative weapons and ships!

I spent a long time in the weapons loadout screen debating what tools to take into the fight. Make the ones for WOD2 more creative, more diverse and more unique! I know that mostlikely you are already doing this. Fighting unique bad guys was cool too. That codori(squid guy) gliding fighter made my head turn sideways, also it's very scary going up against a fighter that tries to beam you! I look forward to WOD2! Are you going to bust out those sidetrusters again? I was getting pretty comfortable using them.
Definitely.
Weapons have been (and are still going through) rebalanced and are now categorised in light, medium and heavy weapons (so hopefully weapon compatibility on fighters makes more sense).
So far 11 new primary and 7 new secondary weapons are in for the player to deal destruction with.

Have been playing with this idea in my head for a while now, very likely going to happen.

Cyrvan weapons have names, LSF weapons are still a bunch of numbers.

The HLP squadron didn't survived the war, they all died in a freak accident involving banana peels, an open airlock and tentacles.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
The HLP squadron didn't survived the war, they all died in a freak accident involving banana peels, an open airlock and tentacles.
Now that's a way to go. :lol:

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
What about HLP Squadron TNG?

I demand fanservice (-_-)
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

• Buntu!

Me too. We have reserves you know!
"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!
Sad that aliens won't have faces, but it's okay if everything else is better/improved.

Me too. We have reserves you know!
And with reserves, we know what to avoid...like going near airlocks, Codori and wearing magnetic boots!

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.

Sadly, HLP has more members to recruit into a second squadron.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Better known example: Team Rocket.

I just thought of the octopus thing in Final Fantasy VI.
Ultros?
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

• Buntu!
Better known example: Team Rocket.
Those enemies aren't exploding, they end up as a twinkle between the stars.
"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils

Serious Ideas
More great BGM selections...I'm thinking "Destiny" from Shion no Ou, Umineko, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, other badass Magical Girl OST tracks...
More pilot banter is always good
More fighters/weapons with variants, I love variants
I second the desire for a recurring gag enemy
Secret cargo-containers in random missions that contain just-for-fun omake items for Misuzu (Mecha Kits?  PVC Figures?) that she needs to "scan" to collect
Another Atmospheric mission...perhaps one where the aliens are sending asteroids at the surface and you have to destory them?  (inspired by Stratos 4)

Non-Serious Ideas
Bonus Hidded Omake Dream mission...Misuzu stays up watching too much Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha l33t Force ViVid SuperStrikerS Movie the 32nd and "plays" a dream mission involving the Great White Devil herself...lots of pink beams...
Kyubey...Won't you become a Magicalpilot?

Impossible Ideas
Voice Acting
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 03:22:44 pm by Aetheron »

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Welcome to the forums Aetheron!

Serious Ideas
More great BGM selections...I'm thinking "Destiny" from Shion no Ou, Umineko, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, other badass Magical Girl OST tracks...
More pilot banter is always good
More fighters/weapons with variants, I love variants
I second the desire for a recurring gag enemy
Secret cargo-containers in random missions that contain just-for-fun omake items for Misuzu (Mecha Kits?  PVC Figures?) that she needs to "scan" to collect
I should make a suggestion thread for BGM's
Naturally
Yerr
Recurring yeah, gag, probably not
Like how Vassago dirge had spoon's?

Non-Serious Ideas
Bonus Hidded Omake Dream mission...Misuzu stays up watching too much Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha l33t Force ViVid SuperStrikerS Movie the 32nd and "plays" a dream mission involving the Great White Devil herself...lots of pink beams...
This sounds like JAD  :p

Impossible Ideas
Voice Acting
Impossible indeed  :p
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Non-Serious Ideas
This sounds like JAD  :p

A "dream" mission would be cool, with slowmo speeds, exaggerated turning and more projectiles.
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!
Hmm...I hope carrier-ish ships appear in the missions more often, because I'd like to rearm and repair! If not, a chance to rearm and repair somewhere would be nice.

...maybe tactical jump to the Carrier, rearm and jump right back! (Like Vassago's Dirge...almost.)

Oh and, Luna! Make her say something at least~