Author Topic: I have a suggestion  (Read 1269 times)

I have a suggestion
I think that all the should on there sites , there boards or threads
a graph , chart or something like that showing the percentages the progress in different areas
such as models sounds textures FREDing etc   

Re: I have a suggestion
It's been done (BWO). The information displayed never had much of anything to do with how far along the project actually was.

I'm not bashing BWO, mind you. Nobody's getting paid for any of this, and thus nobody is working on a regular schedule. Ninety percent of the work could be done, and the remaining ten percent could take just as long. For that reason, it isn't really meaningful to try to reduce the progress to a bar graph. "When it's done" is the only accurate answer you'll get out of a project, and if one tells you otherwise they're very probably wrong.

Again, nothing wrong with that. Everything here is volunteer work, so nobody has any right to complain about, well, anything.

Or go into the BWO forums and post a review of Duke Nukem Forever.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
What LordPomposity said. Completion percentages really do not mean anything (How much is a mission worth? How much a weapon effect? A ship?); and given that none of us is getting paid to work on this, the best estimate anyone will be able to give you is "when it's done".
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

I know that just because a project is 99.99% that does not mean it will be done soon

i just suggested it because i thought that it give those who waiting an idea of how its going

oh
i didn't know about BWO having that 
i did however see pretty much what i was thinking of on WCS site
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 08:38:50 am by Arthur_the_great »