Author Topic: Mech Commander Gold Campaigns  (Read 61560 times)

Offline magic

Mech Commander Gold Campaigns
Installation instruction
- Download archive and unzip to the root of your C or D or E disk.
- Open the folder containing game files and browse down. You will see:
MCX.exe (original 640x480 resolution)
MCX1024x768.exe
MCX1440x900.exe
MCX1600x900.exe
MXC1920x1080.exe

I made 2 more executable files:
MCX1280x768.exe - Should be 100% OK, lowest wide resolution and mechs do not need to be stretched. Every mission should work without problems in this one.
MXC1280x1024.exe - ...for 4:3 monitors.

Link: http://www.moddb.com/mods/mechcommander-gold-hi-res/downloads/resloutions-1280x768-and-1280x1024

- Create shortcut to the exe of the resolution you want to start (or simply dbl click) and go.

Works fine under Windows 7 (x64), no compatibility mode needed.

FOR Windows 10 and Windows 8.x users:
1. Create shortcut to the exe of the resolution you want to start.
2. Check "Run this program in compatibility mode for" - Windows 95 or Windows 98.
(3. Check "Reduced color mode" - 256 color) - tried without this first.
4. Check "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings"
5. Check "Run this program as administrator"

I tried more resolutions, and most work fine for missions but not for logistics.

I recommend 1600x900 for normal play and 1920x1080 for zoom-in play.

Please note that higher resolutions mean more objects on screen - you may get random crushes for some missions. If the game crushes try the same mission in the same resolution again, if it crushes again please use smaller resolution for that mission and after you finish, return to higher resolution and continue.

So far crushes are mission specific...

Some monitors and graphic cards cant support 1600x900 resolution, if the game crushes on launch please try another resolution.

IMPORTANT: You will need MecCommander Gold image file:
http://gamestand.net/Downloads/details/id=8.html

Mount image with demon tools before starting the game.

1. MCG_Original
Link: http://www.moddb.com/mods/mechcommander-gold-hi-res/downloads/mcx-original
Description:
This is full installed MCG game.
You still need original CD or mounted image to play the game.

2.MCG_Exodus&Turncoat
Link: http://www.moddb.com/mods/mechcommander-gold-hi-res/downloads/mcg-exodus-and-turncoat
Description:
This is full installed MCG game with Exodus campaign (magic) instead of original and Turncoat campaign (Lou Hobbs) instead of expansion campaign.

3.MCG_X-Ray&DSCRaid
Link: http://www.moddb.com/mods/mechcommander-gold-hi-res/downloads/mcg-x-ray-and-dsc-raid
Description:
This is full installed MCG game with X-Ray campaign (DSC X-Ray company) instead of original and DSC Raid campaign (Wolfcross) instead of expansion campaign.
IMPORTANT: First mission will crush in 1600x900 and 192x1080, recommended resolutions for 1st are 1280x768 or 1920x1080 zoomed-in.

4.MCG_Xenocide&BengalLancers (530MB)
Link: http://www.moddb.com/mods/mechcommander-gold-hi-res/downloads/mcg-xenocide-and-bengal-lancers
Description:
This is full installed MCG game with Xenocide campaign (Shadowcat) instead of original and Bengal Lancers campaign (Akula) instead of expansion campaign.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 01:45:37 am by magic »

Re: Mech Commander Gold Campaigns
These have all been removed it seems.

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
Hey, guys, I'm having a bit of a problem, I'm trying to download the 2nd campaign but so far have been unable to do so, either the speed is abysmal low (like 16-20 hours to dl) or the connection falls, I usually dont have these problems when downloading, maybe its filesonic the problem? Can anyone look into it, please?

edit: Ignore it, its fixed.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 12:41:43 pm by Sarafan »

Offline roldski

Hi Mr. Magic, can't you post just the campaign files in order to avoid any legal problems. I have some of the campaign files wherein you need to manually install the missions and fit files into an original mcg installation(originally downloaded from DSC) but i'm not sure if those are the latest/last versions. Also, i thought that microsoft already released the source codes for the mechcommander games sometime around 2005 or 2006? Are you not allowed to modify them or create new campaigns? Sorry if i have too many questions. Thanks.

Actually, MCG is freely available here at Shacknews. MC2 can also be found here too. This is all legal. Shacknews is owned by Gamefly, and files can only be uploaded by site administrators.

Edit: Mechcommander 2's source code was released, and there are no legal barriers against modding MC AFAIK (and definitely not MC2, since the source code was released)

Hey guys check out this site i found www.mechcommanders.shorturl.com it says they still have a community of about 15 players+

:O

Hi Magic!
That would be awesome! :D

ps. Also need to say that MCO is awesome, have been enjoying it quite abit recently, excellent work there!!! Wish I had time and skills to contribute..

Thanks a thousand times!!!

Offline roldski

Hi again, just for "reference", i've uploaded what i have in herehttps://skydrive.live.com/?cid=73c6b9f39090f6ba&permissionsChanged=1&id=73C6B9F39090F6BA%21105.

Thanks.

:shaking:

Hi Guys,

Spent last night revisiting my love of MCG after finding the CD on a shelf. Got it to run on Win7 64-bit with the 'copy the disk to a folder' trick all by myself! A few hours of googling and stuff led me here. I was always of the opinion that MC1 was much better than MC2 and i found these campaigns and would LOVE to download the three 'ready-to-go' installs at the top of this page.

I see Roldski has left that Skydrive open but it looks like they are the component parts, and apparently its hard to install campaigns properly. So.....did those three 'readymade' installas at the top of the page get put somewhere else?

It was a surprise to find the MC stuff as freeware over on the mechcommander.co.uk site.....I must have lost my MC2 install disk somewhere, but still have my MCG still in its original case!

Hopefully someone can help me?

cheers

Andy

Hi,

Can we please get new links for the MCG missions? Been waiting months and still no links. =(

Offline Mcray

Hi All,

I have the campaigns on my company pc. They are the campaign only files, not the big full install versions so you will need a mechcommander gold installed on your system. Installing the campaings is easy and written down for every campaign. I cannot upload the files for some unknown reason, but if you send me your email address in a private message, I will try to send the files via email.

They are about 2-3 Megabytes each. I have these:
-Turncoat
-SC Refusal War
-The first offence
-Port Arthur Yankee company (this is not the original campaign! The original is Zulu company)
-Mechwarrior 3 for mech gold
-Bengal Lancers V4
-DSC RAID V2
-Exodus

I have only tried 2-3 of these and they worked perfectly. Fantastic campaigns.

Cheers

Offline luxebo

Is it possible to still play past MCG campaigns magic?

Offline magic

I found those files.

Anyone has an idea where to upload them...

Offline luxebo

moddb? Maybe megaupload or something similar? I would really enjoy playing through these.  :yes:  :)

Offline luxebo

Someone did post the link of these missions (all the ones listed by Mcray). I got to the point in the list where everything is downloaded and all, but how do you extract dpk files? An error keeps appearing saying that MCX registry is not found.

Offline luxebo

BTW I got the campaigns from roldski, his link works and at least purchase files work (I dunno of the actual mission though since I don't have access to dpk files).

Offline magic

Will upload to moddb...

Offline luxebo

Cool, thanks Magic!  :yes:

Edit: Happy New Years and Merry Christmas Magic!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 04:22:01 pm by luxebo »

Offline luxebo

:confused: Magic I'm a bit sorry for constantly asking for the MCG campaigns so much, but I checked moddb for a few times and still nothing. I hope you had a safe holiday, happy New Year, and Merry Christmas though, hopefully MCO continues to evolve and MCG goes alright for further usage.  :)

Offline magic

I had problems uploading...

2 of 3 uploaded.
When I upload the last one I will make available for download at moddb as one project.