Just barely. I can launch that config successfully only about half the time, the other half I lose control. Can't even use SAS too much, because that seems to induce a wobbling effect in the lower stages that eventually tears the stack apart, so it is really only useful for countering spin and times when everything will fall apart anyway if you don't use it.
In fact, if you look at the first picture from my previous post, you can see that the velocity vector is nowhere near vertical. I tried to go straight up, but I simply couldn't hold it. And that was my best attempt out of several.
[Edit] I do have some ideas for improving this stack, though. Specifically, I tried replacing the first stage of nine SRBs with nine LF Engines + one tank for each, and that still had enough thrust to get the thing off the ground. Albeit with a lower initial acceleration than the SRBs managed, due to the higher weight. Unfortunately, the higher weight also meant 'barely controllable' became 'uncontrollable', and the greater thrust of the LF Engines made the stack much more likely to tear itself apart - It can support the thrust, but even the tiniest imbalance will break it, and I've not yet managed to place all component accurately enough for it to survive. If I ever do get it working though, the longer first stage duration granted by the LFEs should mean a considerable boost in final velocity.