Author Topic: +++ FreeSpace Card Game +++  (Read 92053 times)

Offline FoxtrotTango

• "...in a way, you've stolen his soul."
Re: +++ FreeSpace Card Game +++
Feel free to edit the cards as you please. I'm just the guy making up the ideas. Nice to see that I got Isis Repair right on the nose, though.

GTA Charybdis - (Unit) AWACS Mode: Spend 2 to allow one of your Capital Ships to target units located in your opponent's Fleet Zone for one turn. Allowing two Capital Ships this ability carries a cost of 5. The Charybdis is treated as a cruiser, but it can only be attacked if the rest of your units acquire targets or become targets themselves.

Sensor Jammer - (Equipment) Attach to a cruiser. The cruiser gains the following ability. Jamming: Pay 3 to prevent your opponent from using any Order cards during a given turn. When this card is attached to a GTA Charybdis, the cost is reduced to 1 per turn.

Galatean Fury - (Order) Play immediately after one of your Capital Ships have been destroyed. All enemy Capital Ships gain -1 AC/-1 AA for the rest of the Battle Phase.

Nebulous Lightning - (Event) Only usable during a Nebula Battle. When played, Nebulous Lightning afflicts a random enemy unit. If a fighter or bomber wing is selected, it receives 1 damage and 0/0 until the end of the turn. If a Capital Ship is selected, it is dealt 1 damage and a random attribute is reduced by 1 until the end of the turn.

47th Red Shirts - (Special) Attach to a fighter or bomber wing. This wing receives n damage immediately, but gains +1 to all stats per 2 damage it receives. The attached wing is automatically destroyed if it attempts to jump out of the Battle Zone.*

* = Only available in the Just Another Deus Ex-Pansion Pack.

Offline c914

• www.scfi.pl
About Charybdis and Lightning i was thinking also ;7

Offline FoxtrotTango

Just a couple of ideas this time, and they're not too original. I'd spend more time working out original concepts, but I've got college classes soon.

GVA Setekh - (Unit) (The description is the same as the GTA Charybdis, but it has lower AA and AC in return for higher MN and Agility.)

Broad Side to Bear - (Order) Choose a capital ship and add +2 AC/+2 AA. If an order such as Side to Side is used by an enemy, add +3 AC/+3 AA to your capital ship. If the selected ship is a GTD Orion, +4 AC/+4 AA.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 01:29:00 pm by FoxtrotTango »

Offline SOFBear

Magblast goes Freespace--I love it and so too will my kids!

Offline c914

• www.scfi.pl
GVA Setekh - here i would change target for ability not capital ships but fighters and bombers.
Generally Vasudans had lighter than other races fighters and need some support in this matter.

If the task isn't already being done, despite being newly-registered, I'd like to offer my grammar-nazi and typo-correction services.  It's a shame to see such beautiful things with grammar errors and typos.  Hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes with this request, no offense if I am.

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
Go ahead.  I just can't find the time to do it these days.

It's a shame that all copies of the completely grammar-fixed card sets were destroyed.  I just don't have enough time/energy to go through it all again.  If you want to do this, just pm c914.

Offline FoxtrotTango

Pardon the digging, but I've come up with a few more card ideas.

Last Strike - (Order) The selected ship gains +5 AC when attacking a capital ship, but loses Agility and MN until the end of the Battle Phase.

Geosynchronous Bombardment - (Event) Chosen enemy cannot use any equipment cards for two full turns.

Weapon Prototype - (Special) Attach to any fighter or bomber wing. When an offensive equipment card is attached to the same wing, double its effects instantaneously. For Single-Use Equipment cards, the effect lasts until the end of the turn. For Multi-Use Equipment cards, the effect lasts for the remainder of the Battle Phase.

Feel free to edit as necessary!

Offline Scani

Is this project still alive?  :nervous:
We've got terrans and vasudans, but what has happend to announced some time ago shivan pack? I'm asking that simply because I fell in love with their design.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
* Androgeos Exeunt refrains from firing an SABeam.

You mean you like the Shivan logo at the back?
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline c914

• www.scfi.pl
Is this project still alive?

In some way yes... but i hans't got any response from person too who ive send shivan cards for grammar cheeks.

Offline GTSVA

• Born to Fly
    • Minecraft
Yeah the Shivan logo is hawt. xD
What's up?

Freespace: Amit
Forums: GTSVA        
High Scores: Natroz

Hi c914,

I realize I just registered for this forum [after returning to my Freespace 2 addiction], but I was looking at and enjoying your card game. If you still need someone to proofread/check the grammar on the Shivan cards, I'd be happy to help. I'm a native English speaker, and although I'm not a professional editor, as a law student I've done copy editing for legal publications.

Offline DED

Someone  is still working on this project?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 10:21:35 pm by DED »

Offline Scani

Hi everyone. Some time ago I volunteered to spell check shivan cards, but according to the fact that I'm not native English speaker, I think that it would be great idea to combine forces and check shivan cards collectively. So, if you'll see some mistake, just post it below. Here it goes:
Code: [Select]
UNITS

SF Dragon - First Strike:
Before the main fire exchange SF Dragon instantly deals 1 damage to its target.

SF Astaroth - Swarmer:
SF Astaroth gains +1 AA for every other unit with this ability present in the Battle Zone.

SF Manticore - SF Manticore cannot be equipped.
Pay 2 – SF Manticore gains +1 AA until the end of the turn.

SF Mara - SF Mara gains +3 AC if it attacks Corvette, Destroyer or Installation or becomes their target.

SF Basilisk - Shield Regeneration:
Pay 2 – Prevent 1 damage dealt by AA weapons.

SB Nahema - Swarmer:
SB Nahema gains +1 AC for every other unit with this ability present in the Battle Zone.

SB Nephilim - Defence Turrets:
If SB Nahema is a target of a Fighter Wing, that wing is instantly dealt 1 damage.

SB Seraphim - Equalize SB Seraphim’s manoeuvrability with the manoeuvrability of the Capital Ship attacked by it. SB Seraphim gains +5 AC until the end of the turn.

SC Cain - Power Reverse:
Increase the power of SC Cain's AC or AA weapons by moving any number of points from one weapon to another. For each point moved pay 1.

SC Rakshasa - SC Rakshasa can attack 2 Cruisers simultaneously. Player can divide fire power at his own will.
Pay 4 – One of two targeted ships is instantly dealt 1 damage.

SCv Moloch - Cluster Missiles:
Pay 2 –  SCv Moloch can target 2 wings of Fighters or Bombers. Both wings receive maximum damage from Moloch’s AA weapons.
Hangar Bay:
SCv Moloch can carry 1 wing of Fighters and Bombers.

SCv Iblis - If SCv Iblis attacks first in the battle, it gains +3 AC/+2 AA until the end of the turn.

SD Ravana - Pay 2 – If SD Ravana attacks Cruiser or Corvette it can attack another Cruiser or Corvette with 4 AC fire power.
Hangar Bay:
SD Ravana can carry 6 wings of Fighters and Bombers.

SD Demon - Beam Burst:
If SD Demon attacks a Capital Ship it instantly deals 2 damage to another opponent's unit of the same type.
Hangar Bay:
SD Demon can carry 4 wings of Fighters and Bombers.

SJ Sathanas - Unstable Subspace Generator:
Pay 7 – Target 3 units. All of them instantly receive Damage Counters.
Hangar Bay:
SJ Sathanas can carry 8 wings of Fighters and Bombers.

SG Rahu - Miner:
If SG Rahu is located in the Battle Zone at the beginning of the turn, player gains +1CP.
SG Rahu is treated as a Cruiser. SG Rahu can only be attacked when the rest of your units acquire targets or become targets themselves.

SI  Communication Node - You may place SI Communication Node directly into the Battle Zone.
When SI Communication Node is placed in game player gains +1 CP at the beginning of each turn. If it is placed in the Battle Zone, player gains +2 CP and one unit per turn can jump for free.
SI Shivan Communication can only be attacked when the rest of your units acquire targets or become targets themselves.

SINGLE USE EQUIPMENT

Lamaris Warhead - Attach to Capital Ship.
Used Lamaris Warhead instantly deals 2 damage to 3 Bomber Wings of your choice.

Reserve Boosters - Attach to Capital Ship.
Used Reserve Boosters give +4 MN to Fighter or Bomber Wing until the end of the turn. When applied to Capital Ship they give +2 MN.

MULTI USE EQUIPMENT

Subspace Rift Generator - Attach to Destroyer or Corvette. It gains the ability:
Pay 4 – Selected unit in the Battle Zone instantly receive Damage Counter.

Polyphasic Subspace Drive - Attach to Capital Ship. Its jump cost drops to 0.

Punctual Stream Cannon - Attach to Bomber or Fighter Wing. It gains +2 AC/+1 AA.

TECHNOLOGY

Extended Shields - All units gain the ability:
Pay 1 – Unit gains +1 HP until the end of the turn. You can use this ability only once per unit during the turn.

ORDERS

Ramming - Sacrifice your unit. Its target receive damages equal to sacrificed unit’s HP. Both units must be the same type.

Reinforcements - Instantly move one of your units from the Fleet Zone to the Battle Zone without paying its jump cost. You can use this order at any time.

Surprise - Choose opponent's Unit. It receives -1 HP until the end of the turn.

Side to Side - Choose one of your Capital Ships. If its target is also a Capital Ship, both of them receive 0 MN.

Multiple targets tracking - Choose one of your Capital Ships. It can target 3 units. Divide its fire power at your will.

Initiative - Choose a unit. It starts the Battle Phase.

Second Wave - Choose one of your Fighter or Bomber Wings. It attacks any target as if it was a Support Unit.

At all costs! - Chose a unit. Move its damages to your randomly chosen Fighter or Bomber Wing.

Regardless of costs - Choose one of your Fighter or Bomber Wings. It gains +2 AC or +2 AA until the end of the turn. At the beginning of the next turn it receive Damage Marker.

Behind enemy lines - Choose one of your Capital Ships. It can attack opponent’s unit located in the Fleet Zone.

Dispersion - Choose Fighter or Bomber Wing. It gains +1MN but gets -1 AA until the end of the turn.

Ambush - At the beginning of the Battle Phase choose 2 opponent's units which have just appeared in the Battle Zone and 3 your units present in the Battle Zone.
Chosen units take part in a separate Battle Phase that takes place before the main Battle Phase. Survived units do not participate in the main Battle Phase.

EVENTS

Unstable Subspace - Play Unstable Subspace at the beginning of the Move Phase. Selected type of units cannot jump in this turn.

Wrong Target - Choose opponent's unit that has not shot yet. You choose its target from your ships.

Malfunction - Used Single Use Equipment Card is instantly destroyed and has no effect.

Target Priority - Remove selected Special Card from the game.

Panic - Choose Fighter or Bomber Wing. It cannot attack until the end of the turn. Shivans are immune to Panic.

Asteroid Collision - Choose Capital Ship in the Battle Zone. It instantly receive 3 damage.

Transmission Overlap - Set a different target from the units located in the Battle Zone for the Order Card you have just used.

"Dive, dive, dive!" - Use in the Move Phase. When you move a Capital Ship to the Battle Zone, choose one Fighter or Bomber Wing. It instantly receive 1 damage.

Battle in a Nebula - Play at the beginning of the Battle Phase. All Terran and Vasudan units receive -1 AC/-1 AA until the end of the turn.

Open Space Battle - Play at the beginning of the Battle Phase. All Capital Ships gain +2 AC/+1 AA until the end of the turn.

SPECIAL CARDS

SD Lucifer - There can be only one SD Lucifer card in the game.
SD Lucifer starts game with Indestructibility Counter. It prevents all damage dealt by units.
If SD Lucifer is in the Battle Zone, counter is removed from it at the end of the turn. Counter is placed on SD Lucifer once more if it jumps to the Fleet Zone.
Hangar Bay:
Lucifer can carry 8 wings of Fighters and Bombers.

Scar - There can be only one Scar card in the game.
Attach to Bomber or Fighter Wing. It gains +2 MN.

Arjuna Squadron - Attach to Bomber or Fighter Wing.
The wing to which Arjuna Squadron is attached always starts the Battle Phase.

SC Taranis - There can be only one SC Taranis card in the game.
SC Taranis is immune to the effects of Single Use Equipment Cards.

SI Jump Gate - There can be only one SI Jump Gate card in the game. You may place SI Jump Gate directly into the Battle Zone.
Placed in the Fleet Zone, it allows Fighter and Bomber Wings to jump at any time to the Battle Zone.
Placed in the Battle Zone, it allows Fighter and Bomber Wings to jump at any time to the Fleet Zone.
SI Jump Gate can only be attacked when the rest of your units acquire targets or become targets themselves.

Offline potterman28wxcv

• Just a fan player
Okay, this project seems to don't have been active for many time. Anyway, I have the idea to make a small software to play this game, and for it, I have to ask you (the cards maker) for some points :

I'm reading these 2 cards :
SF Astaroth
5/1 1/2 10/2 --> that's the notation I'm using : Command Points Needed / Jump Cost | AC / AA | MN / HP
Swarmer
SF Astaroth gain 0/+1 for each other unit with this ability present in the Battle Zone

SB Nahema
7/1 5/3 8/4
Swarmer
Nahema gets +1/0 for each other unit with this ability present in the battle zone.

These 2 cards are called "swarmer". We could consider that if these 2 cards are swarmer, then if these 2 cards are present in the battle zone, Astaroth should get 0/+1 and Nahema +1/0.
However, it is precised "for each other unit with this ability", and despite these 2 cards are swarmer, they haven't got exactly the same ability.
Logically, they shouldn't get their bonus. But I think it could be better for the game if they could get their bonus anyway, and with any other unit called "Swarmer".

What's your opinion about it ?

------------------------------------------

There is another thing :
VC Aten
5/1 4/10 7/5
When Aten is target of a cruiser or corvette, both ships get -1 MN

The rule book says :
"First, the maneuverability of both units is compared.
The difference between the maneuverability
scores is penalized to the firepower (both AC and
AA) of the unit with the lower maneuverability."

Getting their MN -1 to attacker and attacked is equivalent to do nothing  :blah:
Or maybe it isn't until the end of turn ?

-------------------------------------------------

Oh my god, I think it's an error, but the SCv Moloch is a fighter wing ! Remind me to never fight a wing of these things x) I prefer destroy a Lucifer !

-------------------------------------------------

SCv Moloch
10/1 8/11 4/11
Qoutub missiles :
Pay 2
Moloch can target 2 wings of fighters or bombers, both get maximum damage from moloch's AA Fire power.

Hangar Bay
Moloch can carry 1 wing of fighters and bombers.

The ability Pay 2 of this Moloch is very dangerous : it has got 11 AA firepower, and I don't know any fighter or bomber that have more than 11 HP :(
So you pay 2 and you destroy 2 wings. And you can use this ability every time you want. So, you summon Moloch, and the opponent have no more fighter or bomber wing for some CP. I think I will command Shivans ;)

----------------------------

And with the spacecraft that gets +1 HP until end of turn, there's a real problem. Let's imagine that this effect is activated, and the spacecraft, after being attacked, is only 1 HP. At the end of turn, the +1 HP negates, and the spacecraft is now 0 HP : a real phantom ship.
I think it would be better if the "+1 HP" were "prevent 1 damage". I think I will do modifications to the cards.<

And with the damage marker there is too a big problem : the Orion is 15 Hp. In a battle phase, Orion is very damaged and it is now 2 HP. So, it gains a damage marker. But at the beginning of the next turn, Orion have 7 HP, because it has got a damage marker... Orion just gained 5 HP !

---------------------------

Hangar Bay
TD Orion can carry 3 wings of Fighters and Bombers

Hangar Bay :
Ravana can carry 6 Wings of Fighter and Bombers

There are 300 meters between Orion and Ravana, and these 300 m represents 3 wings.

Hangar Bay :
Colossus can carry 6 wings of fighter and bombers.

The Ravana has a hangar bay as big as the Colossus' hangar bay. I guess the Shivans can compress their fighters to get more space. Did you know Seraphims were inflatable ?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 09:22:11 am by potterman28wxcv »

Offline FlamingCobra

• An Experiment In Weaponised Annoyance
I say starter decks and booster packs should be released in .rar or .zip files. (To make them packs)

All cards must be printed on cardstock or they are invalid.

When the online game begins, cards must be "bought" with "points." You get these points by making posts and edits on Hard-Light, or by playing the card game online.

Also, I would have made the battlezone a grid so you can move your units around the battlefield. But that would be too much like chess I guess. But they would have ranged attacks.
Wait, that's starting to sound a lot like heroscape.

HOW ABOUT A FREESPACE D&D GAME?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 10:46:53 am by FlamingCobra »