Author Topic: 3.6.10 Final Now Available!  (Read 114373 times)

Offline Noob

• Noob
Re: 3.6.10 Final Now Available!
Hi everyone...

I have recently bought Freespace 2 from GoG abd dowloaded everything here as you say. Same for the openall and everything.

But I have a very stupid problem: once all is downloaded and installed...how I activate it, how do I use the modding and can play the new missions ?

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Okay, if you have really downloaded it all, unpacked it, and put it in the right place  according to the installation instructions, you should have everything you need. You just need to start the FS2Open Launcher, click on the browse button to select a fs2open executable, make any settings required in the Launcher, and hit the Launch button.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
I cannot believe that username was only just now taken.

:welcome:
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Click on the Launcher.EXE file in /FreeSpace2. Click on the "Browse" button at the top and select fs2_open_3_6_10.exe. Read the link in my sig on how to make FSO pretty, and then play.

Have fun and welcome to the community!
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I cannot believe that username was only just now taken.

How about n00b or NOOB or noob or n00|3? :drevil:
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline bloated

I'm getting a lot of game crashes during loading between missions.

is their a fix or feature that should be disabled...... it will be loading the next mission and suddenly I see the windows desktop cursor instead of the custom Freespace one.

then it notify's me the game has had an issue and has to be shut down.

it's so bad now that I can't load in any additional missions.

happened just after the Ravana introduction mission.... the next one would likely have been the one where I had to fly a bomber and destroy it.

I've also had a crash while customising my ship and wingmates ships but I've always had some trouble if I spent too much time doing it and if you do it fast enough it doesn't repeat.

the OS is fully patched Vista 64 premium I've tried compatibility and the result is the same, if I change the launcher to no mods the game loads fine.

my system is an Intel C2D, on an Asus P5q motherboard, 4 gb's of G-skill, a 3870 512mb video card, integrated sound, 3 LG DVDrw's, 80gb raptro and a 470 PC power and cooling psu.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 10:28:18 pm by bloated »

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Select a debug build in the Launcher (named fs2_open_3_6_10d.exe), run it with mediavps enabled, and even if it doesn't crash, post the fs2_open.log from the data folder here (or better, in the support forum).

Offline bloated

once I completed the mission going unmodded I've been able to relaunch the game modded in following missions.

I'll try and replay the mission and see if something odd happens.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I'm getting a lot of game crashes during loading between missions.

is their a fix or feature that should be disabled...... it will be loading the next mission and suddenly I see the windows desktop cursor instead of the custom Freespace one.

then it notify's me the game has had an issue and has to be shut down.
That's not a crash, it's a hang.  Learn the difference, because those two problems are very different.

Your problem might be caused by loading a ship or model that takes a long time to process.  If that's the case, you need to just be patient and wait.  Force-quitting the FreeSpace process is only going to make it worse.

The model will only take a long time to load the first time it's loaded.  On subsequent loads it will load at regular speed.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 11:24:28 am by Goober5000 »

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Goob, it can be a bit difficult for a new user to tell the difference between the two, considering it's even popping up a crash-like dialog box.  But he's right, if you let it continue what it's doing it will probably finish and continue on.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline meego

Hey all,

I'm updating my FS2 install. Is the sdr1119.vp still needed?

Cheers and (a late) happy new year to all.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
No, the shaders included in that one are part of the mediavps now.

Offline Molaris

so basically I can't use the 3.6.12 INF build?!?
"Hey, Mike, you think you can toss me my calculations? Thanks! Ah, here it is: "Breach Hull - All Die." Even had it underlined!" -Crow T. Robot-

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Um...where would you get that idea?  And perhaps more pressingly, why/how did you dig this thread up?  This is the previous official SCP release, from a solid two years ago.  The fact that it hasn't been posted in for 18 months should have provided a bit of a clue that any info in it is very much out-of-date.  3.6.12 is the most recent official release (3.6.14 is apparently about to start the release process), so until you hear otherwise, that's what you should be using.

Offline Molaris

oh woops. sry. so use the Inferno build. I thought I saw in the thread you shouldn't. but i guess it's hard to argue with 2 years old. I'm just BARELY starting to trying applying the mods myself, so I'm just asking questions to figure it out.
"Hey, Mike, you think you can toss me my calculations? Thanks! Ah, here it is: "Breach Hull - All Die." Even had it underlined!" -Crow T. Robot-

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Inferno Builds are the only type that are released now, you don't have much choice in that regard anymore.

Offline Molaris

k, long as there isn't any issue with mediavps 3.6.10. I just wanna be able to play again. this game make my blood race X-D