Author Topic: Other Stuff that's In Progress  (Read 3593 times)

Offline Quanto

• Permanent Nostalgia Goggles
Other Stuff that's In Progress
I'm actually pretty scatter brained at the moment, and it's a miracle I even managed to finish Hades' cargoship. There are about 6-8 more assets I want to finish before HARD work can be started on the demo. And there is still the issue of the UI, (to LUA, or not to LUA, that is the question).
Spoon and I have been working on Dialogue and mission outlines but nothing concrete has been fredded yet.

However, I have modelled a few more 3D Assets that I've been holding off on showing around (outside of IRC). But I figure it would restore some people's faith in this project if they'd actually get to see some of the work we've been doing. Maybe I've been too secretive?

But either way, here's some 3D Assets that are coming down the pipes:

First off, this is the Feather 5, it'll be the Terran Fighter/Bomber, but it will be rarely seen, as it is actually still in the prototype phase in the story. However, two prototypes are known to be floating around.

Then there is the Ganeluza, which I attempted to model back in the beginning, but was pretty poor at it.
This is a craft that existed in the Original Game and is pretty much going to be a centerpiece in the Veslan fleet. Being their only BattleCarrier, the Ganeluza is to Stellar Assault, what the Lucifer was to Freespace1.
<-- The Current Version
<-- The 32x Original
<-- My first attempt at modeling it

And then there is the Terran BattleCarrier; Ganymede
This has been a pain in the ass to figure out how to give it a good modern representation, and to be honest I'm at wits-end to do it.

<-- 32x Original. Just ignore the orion, that was just from a discussion in IRC

So yeah, thats what's coming down the pipe at the moment. There's also some installation's i've been brainstorming, but those haven't been even sketched out yet.
00:41:58 <DarthGeek>: I might do it, I need to build a reputation of someone who doesn't suffer fools
(DarthGeek on: "Relentless")

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Re: Other Stuff that's In Progress
Love the Feather 5.

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Could never figure out how to kill the Ganeluza at the end of SA1.  Made it there with both the Feather 1 and 2, but never coud figure out what the heck I was supposed to do in time. :mad:

Models look awesome. :yes:
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline Quanto

• Permanent Nostalgia Goggles
Could never figure out how to kill the Ganeluza at the end of SA1.  Made it there with both the Feather 1 and 2, but never coud figure out what the heck I was supposed to do in time. :mad:

It's a trench run, you got to fly down it's gullet and shoot at the glowing red thing at the end.
http://youtu.be/Nk4PqOnnFKQ?t=23m30s <-- This Vid explains
00:41:58 <DarthGeek>: I might do it, I need to build a reputation of someone who doesn't suffer fools
(DarthGeek on: "Relentless")