Author Topic: The Current Inactivity  (Read 6307 times)

Offline Quanto

• Permanent Nostalgia Goggles
The Current Inactivity
Oh lordy, I suppose it would be a good idea to explain the situation to those outside of the private forum. We have been utterly inactive lately! (Surprise, surprise). Why however?
For me, it's two things:
1. I'm dog tired when I come back from work.

and

2. I've been playing Red Orchestra 2, a lot, like, a lot a lot. So much so that when I come home from work when I start the game up, and when I look at my clock, its already my bedtime. So yeah...
My apologies, I should really get back to work on dem models.

But fear not! I have not abandoned this game! Its just not on the forefront of my mind right now.  :nervous:
00:41:58 <DarthGeek>: I might do it, I need to build a reputation of someone who doesn't suffer fools
(DarthGeek on: "Relentless")

Offline AndrewofDoom

• In A.D. 2366 war was beginning
  • Permanent yuri goggles.
    • Twitter
Thaeris and I have had discussions about that previous. It just seems somewhere down the line we just stopped. There just needs to be this thing that just triggers an upsurge of activity somewhere. I myself have found that FRED isn't quite my best talent, either and so have lost interest in doing that work.

Oh yeah, and Red Orchestra 2 has been distracting me too. :nervous:
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.
20:10:01   Spoon: I find it mildly arrousing
20:10:07   AndrewofDoom: Woah
20:10:15   Spoon: sound like my kind of loli
20:10:21   Spoon: and im not even a lolicon

...somewhere down the line we just stopped.

It happens. But it's all fine and dandy as long as the stop isn't permanent. All things in good time.  :nod:

Offline JGZinv

• The Last Dual! Guardian
    • The FringeSpace Conversion Mod
Heh yeah... Fringe has been going on 6 years as of... next weekend...  Can't say we're making leaps of progress
but we're still here plodding along.
True power comes not from strength, but from the soul and imagination.
Max to PCS2 to FS2 SCP Guide
The FringeSpace Conversion Mod

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
All good HLP hosted projects take at least five years to release.  It's tradition!

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Games, the bane of all mod projects!

All good HLP hosted projects take at least five years to release die off and model dump.  It's tradition!
fixed.
All good projects take a year to get released  :p
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Hey, you're the one who broke tradition, not me. :p

And shockingly enough, there have been several projects that have been around for years and managed legitimate final releases.  Silent Threat: Reborn was in the works for a very long time, and Inferno's hopefully-incoming remake also qualifies.

The new Inferno will release before Black Mesa Source.  Probably. :nervous:
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Inferno is indeed making good progress, you can see that in both Inf and FSU forum. I won't make estimates, but most combat craft (except Vasudan ones) have their meshes done (there's a lot of texturing to do though, anybody wants to help?  :)).

Offline Quanto

Inferno is indeed making good progress, you can see that in both Inf and FSU forum. I won't make estimates, but most combat craft (except Vasudan ones) have their meshes done (there's a lot of texturing to do though, anybody wants to help?  :)).
Hey man, whose side are you on!?

You guys want to know what will bring production of this project back on track? Do you really want to know?
FREDDERS! Dag nab it!
00:41:58 <DarthGeek>: I might do it, I need to build a reputation of someone who doesn't suffer fools

Offline JGZinv

• The Last Dual! Guardian
    • The FringeSpace Conversion Mod
It may take me another 10 years to get FringeSpace where I want it. But I'm still going to be involved somewhere along the line kicking it's ass when ever
it's ready to collapse. Like SA, we're among the smallest sized dev teams here. Don't underestimate us little guys.

We're not tied to some big science fiction universe with 80% of the mythos plotted out to weigh us down, our small mods have more opportunity to innovate
and surprise people than anyone else.

So kick the tires, light the fires, best possible speed ahead. Hoo ah!
True power comes not from strength, but from the soul and imagination.
Max to PCS2 to FS2 SCP Guide
The FringeSpace Conversion Mod

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ

And shockingly enough, there have been several projects that have been around for years and managed legitimate final releases.  Silent Threat: Reborn was in the works for a very long time, and Inferno's hopefully-incoming remake also qualifies.
  :lol:

Silent threat reborn is actually the only one I can come up with that is released, good and took 5 years to make :p

But yes, SAFSO already has some cool assets in place and could really do with some fredders that have free time on their hands. Alas, high demand low supply
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Quanto

:lol:

Silent threat reborn is actually the only one I can come up with that is released, good and took 5 years to make :p

But yes, SAFSO already has some cool assets in place and could really do with some fredders that have free time on their hands. Alas, high demand low supply

On top of that, there are very few fredders with the willingness (or imagination) to craft missions for a game universe outside of Freespace.