Author Topic: I have a suggestion  (Read 2910 times)

someone should wright POF exporter for blender

Offline Rga_Noris

• What?
About ten threads down from yours : http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=75189.0

Actually, another note... the process from DAE to POF is so simplistic with the latest PCS2.1 that a .pof exporter... while cool... is hardly needed. Most of the metadata would still need to be entered into PCS21 anyways, as I cannot think of how blender would add subobject properties and export them.
I think I'll call REAL Mahjong 'Chinese Dominoes', just to make people think I'm an ignorant asshat.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
About ten threads down from yours : http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=75189.0

Actually, another note... the process from DAE to POF is so simplistic with the latest PCS2.1 that a .pof exporter... while cool... is hardly needed. Most of the metadata would still need to be entered into PCS21 anyways, as I cannot think of how blender would add subobject properties and export them.

If you are using Blender 2.5x then good luck because the collada exporter is borked and the fixed exporter for 2.49 wont work with 2.5x, I tried
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Rga_Noris

• What?
Solution: Get Blender 2.49b. Its free, and works very, very similarly.

Also, if you REALLY like 2.5, then use it for modelling, and then load it up in 2.49b and export.
I think I'll call REAL Mahjong 'Chinese Dominoes', just to make people think I'm an ignorant asshat.

I was thinking that would be a good idea so people mac ad linux could make models easier

Offline Rga_Noris

• What?
I do agree it would remove one more link in the chain. Just wanted to make sure it was not preventing you from modelling.

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
I was thinking that would be a good idea so people mac ad linux could make models easier
PCS2 is cross-platform.

it is
i thought it was just windows

could you point me towards the mac download

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
You have to build it yourself (or find someone else to).

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Has anyone yet though?  And if so, has anyone been able to bundle a .app?
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
Not that I know of.