Author Topic: RELEASE: High-poly Satyr  (Read 3120 times)

RELEASE: High-poly Satyr
By popular demand, the Ancient-Shivan War team proudly presents its high-poly Satyr! Pictures can be found here, the ship itself (model, textures, table) is available on FreeSpaceMods (category Small Combat Vessels, because it's nearly the size of a Cain!). The Satyr was originally designed by Bobboau; the high-poly model, unwrapping and conversion were done by yours truly, all textures by freespaceking.

BEFORE YOU ASK: yes, the cannon is supposed to look like that. Try it in-mission, you'll see that it works like it should. (If it's somehow misbehaving anyway, please let us know.) To adjust the firing arcs, you need to modify the model (rotate-up bound) as well as the table (rotate-down and left-right bound).

EDIT: Picture for quick preview:

« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 11:53:58 am by FreeSpaceFreak »

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
  • ...and by awesome I mean Jerk!
Re: RELEASE: High-poly Satyr
An aptly named ship if I do say so myself.
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

Offline NeonShivan

• Previously known as BTA
  • By the Omnisiah's grace.
In German even the most beautiful love letter sounds like an execution order -Mito

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \ All the Single Ladies

( •_•)
\(  (>
  /  \ All the Single Ladies

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Author of Dusk Wars - A modification for Freespace 2.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Nice ... thanks for this one, you guys are great

Few changes and it will be SoI...
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
Congrats on the release!!  :yes:
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.