Author Topic: Naboo UVed  (Read 30904 times)

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
  • maveric modeler, the sky is just the begining
II may have plans to turn it intol the NB-1(from SW battle of naboo), however, I will be taking several liberties, it will have heavier weapondry, and have some y-wing style inspiration, like some paneling missing, and part of the structure altered, and of course NO chrome

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
ok, since Rhettro gave me the mesh a few weeks ago, I decided to combine it with the engines I had made for the NB-1, and start making the changes (and dont worry swash and chief, I am doing this in my freetime, it is not distracting me from my main project).
So here is  my basic overall idea on the NB-1: only a couple dozen were made, and most of them were put into storage, until they were secretly given to the rebellion a couple years prior to the battle of Yavin, and unlike the few N-1s, the paneling has not fared as well, and in the course of better maintence, a few panels have been removed, there have been several cover patches added, and most of the paneling on the tail has been removed. The weapondry I have given it is 6-8 medium lasers(to be decided), a pair of torpedo launchers, in where the nose panels have been removed, and a proton bomb launcher, in the location that the proton torp launcher is on the N-1, it has been swaped out. also, physicly, the NB-1s fuselage is longer, has a roomier cockpit, the engines are larger, and there are 2 additional engines. The purpose of these engines are to keep it realitively fast, and power the additional weapondry and heavier lasers. The NB-1 is a strike-bomber, made for fast raids, and medium length battles, but has lighter armor than most bombers. also, the diffusers(the engine tails) have been removed to make the engines faster and more powerful than before, though less green  :lol:

oh and this is still a WIP, and the R-2 head was removed to allow Zoo to put one of the main astromech heads on

[attachment deleted by a basterd]

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
ok, I discovered the reason, so now here is the older pics inserted

hope to post some new ones in a while
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 11:46:25 am by chief1983 »

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
ok so some new pics

ignore the blue inner wings, I removed those, just forgot for this pic

« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 09:27:04 pm by chief1983 »

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Could use some lvlshot treatment, but pretty regardless.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Could use some lvlshot treatment, but pretty regardless.

Fixed that.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

ok so some new pics

Have you tried removing the two wingtip engines? It might look good, especially if you shorten the wings as well.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Actually, I think that wingtip pods look good. But perhaps they could be made into bomb bays with missile tubes in the cones.

Offline starlord

in that case, do you also plan for the naboo police cruiser (slightly based on the N 1 with a third engine)?

Also, excellent work on the bomber...

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
eh I dont think I will do the police cruiser, as there is no need at all, and with in relation to the end engine pods, here what I am going to do is make copies of the current wings, and do both, and await feedback from you guys and rhetto and decide from that(though swash and Brand-X superceded all of you sorry)

Offline rhettro

I really like what mando has created from my n-1 mesh. I kind of think of the Naboo ships the same way I think of the Uglies. That is their presence in the OT universe isn't rigidly defined, so the designers have a lot of leeway in what form / color they take on. I imagine if a scenario designer has specific needs the craft could be tailored to meet that.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
That's the kind of situation that could benefit from the use of team colors
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
In fact, the entire FoTG modpack should be at one point reworked to use team colors, especially Merc/Rebel craft. There are so many color schemes in use in SW universe that making a new texture for each would be impractical.

Offline mariomix10

• "Pff, SCREW GRAVITY!" - Random Guy on Asdf, Tomska
Hey man, Great job! Only one q. I've been working on one recently and if you could get me a bottom view, that would be GREAT! Of course you don't have yo if ya don't wanna. HAH! Considering I don't know how long your model takes to render. Anyway, if you want to here's a render of my model I did a little bit ago. http://www.game-warden.com/forum/showthread.php?p=145128&posted=1#post145128
,Mariomix

Offline rhettro

Here are some shots I took of my plastic model you may find helpful.

Offline mariomix10

• "Pff, SCREW GRAVITY!" - Random Guy on Asdf, Tomska
Here are some shots I took of my plastic model you may find helpful.

THANK YOU! :D  I appreciate it! You would not believe how long I sat on Google looking for a bottom view...  :nono:
,Mariomix

Offline rhettro

There were some proportional issues in my model that were bugging me, so I had to fix the engines and the area behind the cockpit. I wasn't planning on posting anything until I got the model close to final, but I've just started playing with the new Cycles rendering engine in Blender and I thought I'd share my test render.  Yes, I have to redo my UV's but I thought the unintended moire pattern came out kind of cool. Just for grins.

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
whoops :D, really good to see you back in action at least, now this has me reconsidering working on my naboo bomber now. though rhettro if you do finish your texture I may end up using it if you dont mind, since mine is a derivative of your model. also, word of advice, go ahead and remove the R2, and leave the slot open, they have astromech units for it
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 05:10:39 pm by mandobardanjusik »

Offline rhettro

n the process of texturing, I discover flaws in the geometry, thus the reason I've started and restarted so much.  The geometry has changed enough that I'm going to totally redo the textures. You're welcome to my new textures, but they will require some tweaking on your end as I'm totally remapping this model. Interchangeable astro mechs? That's the first I've heard about them but sounds like a cool idea. I'll worry about that after I get the first version through the POF stage, which is still a ways off. Cheers.