Author Topic: Release of Star Wars the Original Trilogy Mod  (Read 28353 times)

Offline est1895

Re: Release of Star Wars the Original Trilogy Mod
Update! I think I fixed the bugs that were making it not work, so here is the new version.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21416222/Star+Wars+Mod.zip

This version only has the first battle part, as I wanted to make sure it worked for everybody else before I made the other half.
Also is compatible to 3.12.  Inferno build too.

Things I would like to try and do and would appreciate help (some people already are, thanks!)  getting and converting sound-bytes from the movie, adding turrets and such to the capital ships (and possibly using the better looking models I couldn't convert) and more scripts in the missions. Just let me know if this is something that you would want to be a part of, I would greatly appreciate it! 

Sorry I still couldn't get the screenshots on my laptop working so no screenies yet :(

I get a website error using that new link.  Could you please have more mirrors like Mediafire?

Offline wookieejedi

• Intensify Forward Firepower
First off, medifire, no problem.

http://www.mediafire.com/?6ppmilubdcleqpe

Second of all Thank you so much for the feedback. I have given loud sounds to laser impact sounds, so you will know now. And made my own files for the ships. I noticed though that only the first load up is slow the rest are much faster.

And TIEs have 6 hit points (and each laser from an x-wing is 1 damage), and I am working on adding convergence, good idea. I am also thinking of slowing down the TIEs just a bit and making the AI want to fight more so it is a bit more fun :)

Also thanks for the models, I sent a pm with other info in it. I really appreciate everyone's help thus far, and would really be grateful if it continued.

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Ha! Not a problem. Nostalgia is getting the better of me, and I think you can make a fun open project out of this.

The speed of the TIEs was not an issue in my opinion, as the TIEs are in fact supposed to be very fast, and faster than Alliance starfighters in most cases; obviously, this won't really apply to the A-Wing, and anything can outrun a TIE Bomber, but there you go.

But as far as load times go, I did wait a very long time for a load-up with the current set up. That is in fact likely in part due to hardware/software, but if you're not using FS assets, I don't think you want a .tbm that links to those assets. Besides, why do I want to scroll through the FS stuff to get to the SW stuff that I came for?
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline wookieejedi

I know, I would love to see FoTG, but I couldn't wait... so I took a crack at it :)

I will upload the updated (no tbm, rather just tbls, plus the more fun combat and sounds, OH plus new Mon Calamari textures, thanks to Thaeris) mod as soon as I can get to the cord for my laptop. It accidentally got locked in a lab for the night...

And thanks to Zinv for the awesome models and for conversion of files !
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 08:25:06 pm by wookieejedi »

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
I didn't so much of anything. You really ought to thank Zinv, of course, as he converted the files to a useable format.
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Thought I'd drop this in here:  (OT)

Sorry to bother y'all but the links are down. Gamefront reports "file not found" and I can't find it within a 45 minute search. mediafire reports I should purchase John Williams soundtrack.

Hope you can post a new link... Pretty Please? If you want to upload a torrent I'll seed it forever and ever if you want.  I'd love to try this!
Thanks

Offline darthdoull

• Interesting...
    • I'm from this side of the galaxy.

Special Thanks to Darth Maul and Darth Doull for the Star Destroyer and music, and MasterSyrus for the models/textures of all the other ships.

Sorry for upping an old topic but I had to reply to this.

Thank you for giving credit. I think you might have had a better chance with other mods like FotG.  :p But glad it was of some use.

Offline wookieejedi

Sorry to bother y'all but the links are down. Gamefront reports "file not found" and I can't find it within a 45 minute search. mediafire reports I should purchase John Williams soundtrack.

Hope you can post a new link... Pretty Please? If you want to upload a torrent I'll seed it forever and ever if you want.  I'd love to try this!
Thanks

Glad you want to download it still, and I have something even better then re-uploading that mod, my new revision of the Star Wars mod (warfull's very nice SW models, custom and smart AI, SW music, ect). It is immensely better then the one you are trying to download, and it will be released July 20th. While it will be in no way, FotG quality, it is my take on a Star Wars mod and I figured I would release it to garnish some interest, plus it will be a little different mission style then FotG.

Special Thanks to Darth Maul and Darth Doull for the Star Destroyer and music, and MasterSyrus for the models/textures of all the other ships.

Sorry for upping an old topic but I had to reply to this.

Thank you for giving credit. I think you might have had a better chance with other mods like FotG.  :p But glad it was of some use.

You're welcome, this was an old mod, back when I was bored in school (not bored anymore haha).

Offline bondan

How to use this mod with the latest Knossos manager?

Offline wookieejedi

This is my incredibly old mod that no longer works. The update of this mod is this:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-the-original-trilogy-mod

But that project is not available on Knossos because it too is very outdated and won't work well with modern builds. If you aren't aware I was the lead on the OT Mod, but I have sinced moved to the Fate of the Galaxy Project, more detail at this part of the forum:
https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?board=143.0

Which build do you recommend?

Offline wookieejedi

Hmm good question. It was so long ago I can't recall. It would be a very outdated build and I would not recommend using it. As tough as it is, my best recommendation would be to hold out and wait for Fate of the Galaxy. We are making a lot of progress, and you can chat with us with more quick responses on our Discord: https://discord.gg/k7ZMdmt

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Which build do you recommend?

Looks to be 3.12 Inferno builds are a good place to start according to the last post in this thread that mentions a version:
Update! I think I fixed the bugs that were making it not work, so here is the new version.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21416222/Star+Wars+Mod.zip

This version only has the first battle part, as I wanted to make sure it worked for everybody else before I made the other half.
Also is compatible to 3.12.  Inferno build too.

Things I would like to try and do and would appreciate help (some people already are, thanks!)  getting and converting sound-bytes from the movie, adding turrets and such to the capital ships (and possibly using the better looking models I couldn't convert) and more scripts in the missions. Just let me know if this is something that you would want to be a part of, I would greatly appreciate it! 

Sorry I still couldn't get the screenshots on my laptop working so no screenies yet :(

THX. Still having all old builds available :)