Author Topic: Wings of Dawn Soundtrack - Fill in the Blanks  (Read 14219 times)

Offline Lorric

Wings of Dawn Soundtrack - Fill in the Blanks
The soundtrack is complete! :)

I spoke to Spoon, wanting to know what the soundtrack was derived from. File names are on the left, actual names and origins are on the right. Spoon doesn't know where much of the stuff originated from. Can anyone fill in some of these blanks? Some are done, some are empty, and some have the origin but not the track name:

SPOON: "I tried my best looking up which track is from what OST but I've unforunately been kinda sloppy in the naming scheme (it had to do with the way freespace handles music, but then after a while I decided to take a different approach. By then all the tracks were already named like this. Alas I was too lazy to rename them at the time) and for some tracks simply cannot remember where they are from.
I do know that there are a few from Gundam X and maybe one from the Dancouga Nova OST but..."

I've put a * at the start of the names of those that remain unknown. 0/44 remain.

03 - Diebuster OST, 03 - Topless
12 - Diebuster OST, 12 - Dix-Neuf
AAmbient - Starship Operators OST, 20 - Defcon1
AAmbient2 - Gundam Wing OST - Secret Ambitions
AAmbient3 - Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz - "X-Mas Eve"
AAmbient4 - Starcontrol 2 remix tracks - Kohr-Ah - The Eternal Doctrine
AAmbient5 - Gundam Wing OST - The Labyrinth Called Yourself
ABattle1 - Gundam 00 OST, 20 - Fight
ABattle2 - Gundam 00 OST - Possibility
ABattle3 - Starship Operators OST, 26 - Counter
ABriefing - Starship Operators OST, 31 - Final Operation
ABriefing2 - Super Robot Wars Alpha 3 -  Pull the Strings
ABriefing3 - Gundam 00 OST - Control
ABriefing4 - Gundam Unicorn OST - Unicorn
C4 - Jinki Extend OST - Track 8, Kodai no Yami
DogBattle1 - Gundam Wing OST - When the Dragon Swims, Everything Ends
DogBattle2 - Gundam Wing OST - Scattering What's Left of the Light
DogBattle3 - Gundam X OST - 16 Kanenukeru GX
EBattle1 - Gundam 00 OST - Decisive Battle
EBattle2 - Gundam 00 OST - 00 Gundam
EBattle3 - Gundam 00 OST - 0-Raiser
HBattle1 - Starcontrol 2 remix tracks - Battle (Kohr-Ah)
HBattle2 - Starcontrol 2 remix tracks - Now and Forever (Ur-Quan)
HBattle3 - Starcontrol 2 remix tracks - Ultra Gross (VUX)
HLP - Ar Tonelico OST, 20 Dokkoi 50%-Off Sale!
Mainhall1 - Dancougar nova OST 1 - 17 Headquarters
Mainhall2 - Crystal energy (Mai Otome OP2) instrumental version, edited
Mainhall3 - To Aru Majutsu no Index S1 OP - PSI-Missing - instrumental version
Mainhall4 - Universe at War - Hierarchy CD1 #03 On Edge
Mainhall5 - Apocalypse, deuxieme guerre mondiale, les musiques originales - 01 Apocalypse
OldBattle1 - Gundam 00 OST - Counterattack
OldBattle2 - Gundam 00 OST - Innovation
OldBattle3 - Gundam 00 OST - Union
Outro - NEEDLESS OST, 31 - Lovely
TBattle1 - Gundam Wing OST - Accelerated Beat
TBattle2 - Gundam X OST - 17 New weapon - Divider
TBattle3 - Gundam Wing OST - Invitation From Hell
Victory - Suikoden II - Even Farther
WBattle1 - Starship Operators OST 22 - Attack
WBattle2 - Starship Operators OST, 7 - Countdown
WBattle3 - Starship Operators OST 35 - All ships decimated
XBattle1 - Jinki Extend OST, 32 - Moribito Vs Kiribito
XBattle2 - Jinki Extend OST, 17 - Totsunyuu
XBattle3 - Jinki Extend OST, 18 - Game Kaishi
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 09:12:25 pm by Lorric »

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Re: Wings of Dawn Soundtrack - Fill in the Blanks
Mainhall3 is PSI-Missing, the To Aru Majutsu no Index S1 OP. An instrumental version.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 06:32:27 pm by Jellyfish »
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
AAmbient5 is The Labyrinth Called Yourself from the Gundam Wing OST

DogBattle 1 is When The Dragon Submerges from the same source.

TBattle3 is also Gundam Wing OST material, but I don't know what the correct name is.

More info can be obtained in and around this post.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Lorric

Thanks Jellyfish and NGTM-1R. I've added your contributions, and many more I was able to find from that information into the list.

Offline -Norbert-

EBattle is called 0-Raiser, not E-Raiser :p
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 04:04:10 pm by -Norbert- »

Offline Lorric

Fixed, I think.

Is there no one else?

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
In an attempt to be less lazy than usual, I've updated the first post with the track names of the mainhall music
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Lorric

Thanks, Spoon. 4 more down, 12 left.

In other news, I decided to check out Mobile Suit Gundam 00, because most of my favourite tracks in this soundtrack come from there. I ended up watching both series 1 and 2, 50 episodes. It was funny listening to the tracks and associating them with Wings of Dawn instead of their original source.

I also think I see plenty more than just music in that series that influenced Wings of Dawn.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 05:50:52 pm by Lorric »

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!
ABriefing2 - Pull the Strings

Offline Lorric

Thanks! 11 remain!

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
It certainly is one of several shows that has inspired me  :nod:
And I know the power of association, I for one cannot watch the rebuild of evangelion anymore without thinking about JAD 2.21  :p
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Lorric

It certainly is one of several shows that has inspired me  :nod:
And I know the power of association, I for one cannot watch the rebuild of evangelion anymore without thinking about JAD 2.21  :p

I Knew it! :)

I don't know what those things are that you speak of, but I see you know what I mean.

I see you added DogBattle3 and TBattle2 as well since posting that. Time for me to lend a hand here too. I went through the Gundam Wing OST and added AAmbient2, DogBattle2 and TBattle1. Additionally, DogBattle1 on at least 5 youtube videos is titled "When the Dragon Swims, Everything Ends" and I can find nothing titled "When the Dragon Submerges". So I've changed it. 6 remain.

Did Gundam Wing influence you at all? That's the only other Gundam series I've seen anything of. I was curious a while back, and that was the only series I could find uploaded to youtube. I got into double digits episode count, but then the copyright hammer fell on all the videos. I don't know if they're all the same, but it certainly had big similarities, a team, perhaps of the same number of people even, show up in their overpowered machines and lay waste to everything in their path who are helpless before them.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 09:13:14 pm by Lorric »

Offline -Norbert-

Actually Gundam 00 is a departure from the "standard" story baseline, underlying most other Gundam series.
In every other gundam series I know, except "Mobile Fighter G Gundam" (which was really bad, judging from the first few episodes after which I quit watching it) there is conflict between a unified earth nation or NATO-like military alliance and a coalition of space colonies, right from the start (with the occasional bit of racism tossed in - naturals vs. coordinator, old types vs. new types).
What little space colonies there are in Gundam 00 are fully part of the countries down on earth and the conflict is first between the three big powerblocks and later between the ESF and the countries and people that don't want to join them.... and of course the Gundams. It's also the only Gundam series that uses our current calender, rather than an invented one. It's also the only one that connects with todays Earth (countries, IRA, religious problems, fossil fuel debate, UNO, ect.).

In Wings it's a lot about the fight between mobile dolls (remote or AI controlled, unmanned mobile suits) vs. manned mobile suits (including the Gundams of course).

Offline Lorric

Actually Gundam 00 is a departure from the "standard" story baseline, underlying most other Gundam series.
In every other gundam series I know, except "Mobile Fighter G Gundam" (which was really bad, judging from the first few episodes after which I quit watching it) there is conflict between a unified earth nation or NATO-like military alliance and a coalition of space colonies, right from the start (with the occasional bit of racism tossed in - naturals vs. coordinator, old types vs. new types).
What little space colonies there are in Gundam 00 are fully part of the countries down on earth and the conflict is first between the three big powerblocks and later between the ESF and the countries and people that don't want to join them.... and of course the Gundams. It's also the only Gundam series that uses our current calender, rather than an invented one. It's also the only one that connects with todays Earth (countries, IRA, religious problems, fossil fuel debate, UNO, ect.).

In Wings it's a lot about the fight between mobile dolls (remote or AI controlled, unmanned mobile suits) vs. manned mobile suits (including the Gundams of course).

Thanks for the info. I felt kind of insulted with the idea that the Real IRA would even exist that far in the future when it came up! :)

I tried searching the soundtrack of Gundam 00 for WBattle1, but couldn't find it. Maybe it's a cut from something. I did find EBattle1 though, which didn't even have a clue where it was from. Just 5 left to find now.

Offline Lorric

Hey, Spoon.

I've started watching Starship Operators now. Another show saturated with Wings of Dawn music. Oh, and a bunch of newly qualified cadets on their very own ship, mostly female. Now where have I seen that before, that just seems soooooo familiar to me...

:)

Love the rationale behind the female dominated crew btw.

I'm enjoying putting the pieces of this puzzle together.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
While I certainly enjoyed the show, it did not inspire me to that big of a degree actually. In this case I can claim coincidence.
Urutorahappī!!

Offline -Norbert-

So you say you are just fond of drawing cute chicks? :P

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
I can't deny these allegations.  :p
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Lorric

I got 10/13 episodes of Starship Operators in before my source, Megavideo, was busted. I tried to watch the remaining episodes I think on the night it got busted as well. Couldn't the feds have just waited a day longer, eh?  :blah:

Offline Lorric

:bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump:
 :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: