Author Topic: Got this strange mail!  (Read 953 times)

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Got this strange mail!
Hello TrashMan,

You′re the first to hear the news – this hasn′t been announced yet. Not in the press, not on the web. We’re a bunch of restless ex-big publisher devs - but most importantly gamers - that just founded a new indie dev company in Paris called Amplitude Studios.

So the studio is new but it′s not inexperienced; the team leads have all worked at key dev positions on big licenses such as Battlefield, Ghost Recon, Call of Juarez, R.U.S.E. and Might & Magic.

During all these years, we have always had fun working with communities of players in order to share, discuss or compare ideas. Now that we get to call the shots, the whole team shares the dream of bringing this idea one step further!

Our first project is a brand new PC 4X (EXplore EXpand EXploit EXterminate) sci-fi strategy game, and we’re gathering a very small team of VIPs from different communities and countries who could help us make it as good as it can be.

A bunch of writers, journalists, producers and game designers from the gaming industry have already joined the VIPs.

So why are you getting this? Because your name came up when we were looking for people who might like to be part of the adventure. We think that with your video game background, you could really be interested by this approach and could help us -- immensely -- during the development on the game.

To be precise, you would have access to secret info and a VIP Forum to chat with the dev team and  be able to download the work-in-progress versions of the game so you can give us your feedback and comments on the art and game design. You will of course get a free copy of the game once it’s released, and we’ll do our best to get you to our studios so we can meet you in person.

The VIP group is very small, so this whole thing will only work if all VIPs are active members. We therefore ask that you are sure to have some free time to spend on this before jumping in.

The boring part is that as you will have access to the game versions and information that is “yet to be announced”, you’ll have to sign a “Non-Disclosure Agreement” (it’s the same legal paper that journalists sign when they are under embargo during press tours).

We can’t say much more about the game and the company as long as the NDA isn’t signed, but we’d love to have your first feelings about all this.

Many thanks for taking the time to read through this mail. We hope to have some news quickly as we aim to start the engines beginning of January!

All the best,

Max von Knorring

Game Designer | Amplitude Studios

Amplitude Studios website is under construction a.t.m.

At first I thought it was some kind of scam. But I do get around various modding/gaming sites/forums, so it is possible I caught someone attention....an they aren't asing for anything.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 01:15:03 pm by TrashMan »
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Patriot

Re: Got this strange mail!
Well, see if you can get a reaction e-mail from them. If it IS a scam, the reply will either not come at all, or be silly xD

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
if this is a scam, i can't identify the goal.  unless they ask for your bank information in the second email.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
Time to get your hands on the NDA and see what it really stipulates.