Author Topic: Properties with Paths  (Read 1819 times)

How do you apply path point radius and path $Parent property entries to a path with dae?  I've tried creating a child under "path" called "properties" and a grandchild called "$Parent=dockpoint1", but this just messes up the dock paths (it adds a (0.0.0) path point).

Oh... and is it possible to set the path points radius too?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 05:16:10 pm by Scooby_Doo »
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
Parent your path to the helper of whatever you want it parented to.

Set the size of the path points?

The physical linkage works perfectly... it's the path's property called "parent".   I assume it tells the engine what object/subsystem this path is for or visa versa.

edit: I think there's more problems going on than just that.  I import a docking port (2 points) with dae, load it up with fred and it docks at a completely wrong angle.  Now I delete that dock port and redo it manually and everythings ok.  :confused:
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 12:25:43 am by Scooby_Doo »

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

Got the docking issue resolved, or at least a work-around. 

• Import from dae file
  • Make necessary adjustments (MOI, subsystems...etc)
  • Save to pof
  • Delete all the docking points from the model
  • Reimport the docking points from your just saved model
  • Save and vola!

It appears that the pcs2 importer stores some incorrect stuff in memory, but not in the pof file.  Just have to figure out how to preserve path's "Parent" property value (not hierarchal parent) 

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
Do you have a reproducible example of this?