Author Topic: Offtopic  (Read 1924 times)

Offline Lorric

Kunoichi probably feels like we're doing this to her http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWCVfBD9Pzo

It's like Murphy's Law applied to socialization - anything you try to say to her just makes her madder at you.

I hate when it's like Murphy's Law applied to socialization, because I get a variant that almost every time I try to make new friends IRL I wind up with yet another person with whom I want absolutely nothing to do with.

Well, maybe apologies would still help, but I will say I know by experience that there's a low point at which they most certainly will not.

Haha I think I sound emo right now.

Care to elaborate? I am curious.

I guess those people are slinky-like people in your sig :)

Offline Enzo03

There's an old thread called something along the lines of "Rant tiem!1" or something like that.  I *****ed and moan about my friendship troubles there.
21:20:19   SpardaSon21: "hey baby, want to get a good look at my AC/20?
21:20:26   Spoon: I'd hit it like the fist of steiner

Some people are like Slinkies.  They aren't really good or even useful for anything but they always manage to put a little smile on your face when you give them enough of a push down the stairs.

Offline Lorric

There's an old thread called something along the lines of "Rant tiem!1" or something like that.  I *****ed and moan about my friendship troubles there.

Right, thanks. I'll find it in your post history.

Offline Lorric

Hey again. I don't know if I can help you with your friendship problem, but I'll try.

But I don't know where to start. Are you desperate for a friend? If you are, others may see that and take advantage of it. Beware.

Don't stop being yourself. This will likely stop you from finding a real friend, if you're trying to hang with the cool gang. If you must join a club, join one that interests you. That will boost the chance of a natural friendship. You can't MAKE friends, it has to happen naturally.

Look at other people, other groups of friends. Ask yourself do they have anything you want? Do you REALLY want these people as friends? I always see shallow friendships when I see these groups of people. I don't want any part of such a thing. I didn't used to see it that way though. I used to think these people were better than me because they had so many friends, but I was only seeing the numbers. I was only hearing the volume of their voices, not listening to their words. These people never say anything of substance. The popular ones, I doubt if they have any REAL friends, or any more than one. These people with a massive friends list on social networking sites, I bet none of them are true friends. And few if any at all good friends. I want nothing to do with their toxic brand of social interaction. One single true friend is worth more than any number of other "friends".

Don't get upset if so-called friends leave you. They were never your friends. And you are better off not investing your energies in them. A real friend won't care how you look or how you act. (Obviously if you're a jerk they will, but you get my meaning.) They will interest you and you will interest them. They will stick by you in tough times, and if you're also a true friend, you will do the same.

True friends are very few and far between. Good friends are also few and far between. Do not despair, or think there's anything wrong with you if you don't have one.

Offline Enzo03

:\

I didn't post that to ask for relationship advice, especially not here.

I do have good friends.

And I do realize they are far and few in between.

I was having fun with what I was saying about how the world is a dick.

Now it's not fun anymore.

Thanks for that.

Nothing personal.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 07:06:27 pm by Enzo03 »
21:20:19   SpardaSon21: "hey baby, want to get a good look at my AC/20?
21:20:26   Spoon: I'd hit it like the fist of steiner

Some people are like Slinkies.  They aren't really good or even useful for anything but they always manage to put a little smile on your face when you give them enough of a push down the stairs.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them