Author Topic: Dimensional Eclipse Discussion Thread (original release thread)  (Read 152793 times)

Re: RELEASE: 次元のエクリプス - Dimensional Eclipse
In mission C3:06 The Defense somewhere in the middle of the mission everything besides the HUD blacked out and I couldn't do anything but end the mission via esc menu.
During the all attempts to play the mission the ambient light (or whatever made these reflections) was doing strange things, it changed pretty fast between red, blue and green and I was feeling like sitting in a disco. No one was shooting anything at that point.
Here goes scripting and copy paste coding
Freespace RTS Mod
Checkpoint/Shipsaveload script

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Could I get a screenshot or video of that? :wtf:
Why am I plagued with mysterious engine bugs  :sigh:
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline AndrewofDoom

• In A.D. 2366 war was beginning
  • Permanent yuri goggles.
    • Twitter
So, right, I've got this up on the wiki now. You can dump all your love, joy, anger, or rage about what Droid and I did here.

I've also publicized all my videos that I took during development. See if you can spot all the differences!

Could I get a screenshot or video of that? :wtf:
Why am I plagued with mysterious engine bugs  :sigh:

Especially when I've never encountered it in the million of times I've played that mission.
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.
20:10:01   Spoon: I find it mildly arrousing
20:10:07   AndrewofDoom: Woah
20:10:15   Spoon: sound like my kind of loli
20:10:21   Spoon: and im not even a lolicon

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
So, right, I've got this up on the wiki now. You can dump all your love, joy, anger, or rage about what Droid and I did here.

Let me make sure I've got the division of labor straight: Droid did the entire awesome campaign, you convinced people it was a joke campaign they shouldn't play?

Offline qwadtep

Ugh, are the optional missions in chapter 2 supposed to be impossible? Where's the "exit loop" button? I can't even tell if it's a Karuna or a Narayana I'm supposed to be disarming in the half second it takes for its point defenses to kill me through full shields on the lowest difficulty, much less disarm it!

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Hey, I got something for you guys and you can use them in whatever mods:
- Cockpit view only for Dimensional Eclipse
- my Next Gen Render package (shader, explosion effects, nebulas, etc...) (need at least a build which support sunshaft & shadows)

Edit: well, I'm not the author of those content (shockwave, nebulas and so on). Credits goes to their respective owner. :)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 04:28:56 pm by MetalDestroyer »

Offline Droid803

Ok, I'm going to compile a new SSE2 and some other versions (SSE, non-SSE) of the latest nightly version (r8688) to see if the problem persists...
Additional options are always nice anyway...right?

I'll get those all packed up and if you've been having problems try some of these latest builds...
(watch this space or the next post depending if anyone posts after me lol)

Let me make sure I've got the division of labor straight: Droid did the entire awesome campaign, you convinced people it was a joke campaign they shouldn't play?

And uh, Andrew helped make models/textures, and test too (look at all those videos)! So he didn't just try and convince people it was a joke campaign they shouldn't play. :P

Ugh, are the optional missions in chapter 2 supposed to be impossible? Where's the "exit loop" button? I can't even tell if it's a Karuna or a Narayana I'm supposed to be disarming in the half second it takes for its point defenses to kill me through full shields on the lowest difficulty, much less disarm it!

The exit loop option should be in the minihub mission if you're on one branch (secondary objective not passed on the "test" mission). The other one doesn't have a skip option.

Are you on the mission with the enemy starbase, or the one where the allied carrier is being attacked by a "pirate" ship?

- Cockpit view
- my Next Gen Render package (shader, explosion effects, nebulas, etc...) (need at least a build which support sunshaft & shadows)

Wait what there's a sunshaft&shadows build which supports the armor.tbl changes?
(´・ω・`)

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
- Cockpit view

Wait what there's a sunshaft&shadows build which supports the armor.tbl changes?

Hmm, the build you provided in your first message (the 3.6.13 r8670) seems to support sunshaft and shadows (or just sunshaft).

Offline Droid803

HI!

If you've been experiencing crashes/weird lighting etc, could I get you to try these newer builds?
(all -R builds, debug builds at request, though it seems that nothing happens on debug anyway short of running really sluggishly).

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/126554/FS2/fs2_open_3_6_13_r8688.rar

maybe something got fixed in the interim, one can always hope!
try SSE2 first then go down if it keeps happening.
(´・ω・`)

Offline AndrewofDoom

• Twitter
Hmm, the build you provided in your first message (the 3.6.13 r8670) seems to support sunshaft and shadows (or just sunshaft).

Hmmm, you still having problems with playing with black ships? I'm starting to believe it's because of the shaders not matching up now. Because I've had that before when you use shaders that use shadows with builds that don't support shadows.
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!

Hmmm, you still having problems with playing with black ships? I'm starting to believe it's because of the shaders not matching up now. Because I've had that before when you use shaders that use shadows with builds that don't support shadows.

Not all ships are black. And that's totally weird. So I thought the ambient lightning in the mission was too low for a reason.

Offline qwadtep

The exit loop option should be in the minihub mission if you're on one branch (secondary objective not passed on the "test" mission). The other one doesn't have a skip option.

Are you on the mission with the enemy starbase, or the one where the allied carrier is being attacked by a "pirate" ship?
Starbase. The hub mission doesn't work as an exit since once you've made a choice and seen what you're up against there's no way back to the hub mission to opt out anymore.

Offline AndrewofDoom

• Twitter

Starbase. The hub mission doesn't work as an exit since once you've made a choice and seen what you're up against there's no way back to the hub mission to opt out anymore.

Mercy skip will take you to the hub.
My Efforts:
SF Knight

Offline qwadtep

Mercy skip will take you to the hub.
Well yeah, but I could also just turn on cheats and finish the mission like that and go back to the hub, too. That's not the point.

Is the mission supposed to be this hard? Am I missing something?

Offline Droid803

It...shouldn't. Its a Karuna model, which has most of its point defences actually neutered.
Should be easy to approach from straight ahead?
(´・ω・`)

HI!

If you've been experiencing crashes/weird lighting etc, could I get you to try these newer builds?
(all -R builds, debug builds at request, though it seems that nothing happens on debug anyway short of running really sluggishly).

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/126554/FS2/fs2_open_3_6_13_r8688.rar

Edit:

Build seems to use standard -ambient_factor, -ogl_spec,... no matter what's in the settings. Together with alle the lights from weapons this looks plain stupid in a few missions where ships with really good relfection are present. A fighter can be shooting some asteroids some clicks away and the ship lights up in pretty red for a few seconds but then it gets darker while the fighter is still shooting :wtf:
How can I get the the settings right again with these builds?

Other than that the music is still too loud and I wasn't able to reproduce the black screen thing with any of the two builds.

Blacked out ships only happened with the older build but this was pretty random and may appear again.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 05:39:23 pm by Admiral MS »
Here goes scripting and copy paste coding
Freespace RTS Mod
Checkpoint/Shipsaveload script

Offline crizza

Wait, what?!
Spoiler:
Is there a way to not having earth being scorched?

Offline Droid803

No, events diverge then converge for the final arc.
Maybe I'll put up a poll kind of like how WiH and WoD did :P

Right now I'm ab it more concerned those dang release-build-only not-in-debug crashes.
(´・ω・`)

Offline crizza

Don't know if its helpfull, but apart of this language bug, I'm using 3_6_14_RC" and all works just fine :)

But since the missions are that fast paced, I had to reread everything and was getting killed very often...^^
Once again, great campaign.

Offline Droid803

...Wait what? It's not giving you an error about armor.tbl? lewut. Okay, if it works for you~
(´・ω・`)