Author Topic: Character art (or EVE Planet Online; many pictures!)  (Read 17386 times)

Re: Character art (or EVE Planet Online; many pictures!)
Based on what we've observed, that would be out of character for Steele.

Your know, Agent Nick Fury (IIRC), as portrayed in the Avengers, seems like a great template for Steele. It would need some tweaking, of course, but it's got a lot of what you need there already.

EDIT:
I always pictured Steele like Ferrando in Generation Kill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecLpOnpHaZw

Minus the throat thing though.

Thats actually really close to what I imagined, the guy in avatar was as close as I could find though.

Another impressive candidate. Very intriguing, but I'm not quite sure he's charismatic and eloquent enough, though that might just be in need of some tweaking stead of a different template.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 11:55:40 pm by SaltyWaffles »
Delenda Est delenda est.

(Yay gratuitous Latin.)

Offline CT27

It's been said Steele could be played by Avery Brooks (DS9's Captain Ben Sisko), I agree with that.

Some have also said Sisko's final monologue in "In The Pale Moonlight" could be delivered by Steele after what happened concerning the Elder.  I could see Steele delivering a somewhat similar monologue depending on the circumstances (i.e., that he believes he did the right things).  Depending on how the war goes it could be delivered by Steele from one of three places:
-a Martian prison for war criminals
-some random apartment complex where failed GTVA military officers go to retire
-Sol Commandant office...formerly Ubuntu HQ

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Or a GTVA justice court, judged for high treason for deliberately communicating false information to, and planning an assault on, a Vasudan destroyer.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
For a bit of a semantics nitpick: tried, not judged.  Judged implies no possibility other than a guilty verdict.

Assuming he didn't inform his Terran superiors (and he could very well have done so):
1) The ship did not come to harm and was effectively impervious to the efforts of a small number of GEF fighters.
2) He convinced the cell to attack the UEF transport.  He could even say this was what actually happened, if he didn't tell his superiors about the Pegasi 'going missing'.
3) The Vasudan admiral was one we might call a "hawk", and was actively looking for a way to get more involved in the war, and as such no false communication occurred.  Assuming a species' entire population thinks the same way on all issues is a path that leads to madness.

That said, in the event of a trial, that speech would be awesome.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
For a bit of a semantics nitpick: tried, not judged.  Judged implies no possibility other than a guilty verdict.
Please spare the non-native English speaker here :p

1) The ship did not come to harm and was effectively impervious to the efforts of a small number of GEF fighters.
If that was the case, the Zod admiral wouldn't have risked a crash jump to get the f*ck out of there. He would have dispatched them, plotted a course and jumped out safely. You don't put your shiny destroyer in danger (crash jumps ARE dangerous and generally a last resort option) to flee from an insignificant threat. Those GEFs had Paveways (IIRC) and were going for disabling runs. No ship is impervious to that.

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Offline -Norbert-

Not to mentiont that those swarm torpedoes the Scimitars use, can do a lot of harm as well.
The original Hatshepsut wasn't exactly a pinacle of point defense and those two pulse turrets won't have changed this by much.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Also, did not come to harm ? I distinctly remember several turrets getting paveway'd.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Please spare the non-native English speaker here :p

If that was the case, the Zod admiral wouldn't have risked a crash jump to get the f*ck out of there. He would have dispatched them, plotted a course and jumped out safely. You don't put your shiny destroyer in danger (crash jumps ARE dangerous and generally a last resort option) to flee from an insignificant threat. Those GEFs had Paveways (IIRC) and were going for disabling runs. No ship is impervious to that.

All this assumes that the jump wasn't already plotted out.  The Atreus during the Blitz demonstrates nicely (although off-screen) how it can smoothly transition from one jump to the next in seconds.  If the Vasudan Admiral had been a 'hawk' it wouldn't have been an issue at all.

The pictures seem to have all vanished, which is a pity. Is there a duplicate anywhere?
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline InsaneBaron

• In the CR055H41R2
The pictures seem to have all vanished, which is a pity. Is there a duplicate anywhere?

Same here, can't see em anymore.
Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move." - Captain America

InsaneBaron's Fun-to-Read Reviews!
Blue Planet: Age of Aquarius - Silent Threat: Reborn - Operation Templar - Sync, Transcend, Windmills - The Antagonist - Inferno, Inferno: Alliance

Offline Arpit

Even I registered late so I don't know Admiral Steele's and Admiral Calder's faces. Please give us a sneak-peek.

Offline Husker

Yeah, same here. Definitely need to reupload.

Offline Darius

Just had a look for them, can't find them anywhere I'm afraid. I think they may be on my PC which died a couple months back. Might be salvegeable when I transfer the HDD to a new box.

Offline Husker

Oi! That's a pain, I feel it all the way over where I'm at. GL trying to get the HDD files to a new home, thumbs up for one of the most awesome mods I've played.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Hey battuta look what I found it's what you just tried to revive except years ago and better.