Author Topic: Save the Kinetic Void Kickstarter!  (Read 1480 times)

Save the Kinetic Void Kickstarter!
Kickstarter link here

Kinetic Void is a Kickstarter project with a great deal of potential.
Youtube video showing off the demo

Hueg picture link 1
Hueg picture link 2
Quote from: Kickstarter
Kinetic Void is a 3D space adventure with a focus on customization and enjoyable simulation. Our in game ship builder allows players to construct their ship piece by piece. Each module can be destroyed individually and if a ship's engines are destroyed, it will be left drifting. If the hull piece containing a reactor is knocked out, everything that reactor powered will be useless (unless another reactor can pick up the slack). While in space flight, interactions between objects are governed by the physics engine. Running into an asteroid at high speed will damage your ship and could send you careening off into space. Slowly approaching the asteroid and then throttling up will allow you to accelerate the asteroid. And if that asteroid just happens to be heading toward a space station... well, the results should be spectacular. But be careful who you anger. The faction who owned the station will remember your little stunt and may be gunning for you in the future. On the other hand, their enemies may appreciate your resourcefulness and be more open toward you.

The demo is out now so you can try it, but right now, they need about $25K in the next 30 hours.

It's (hopefully) going to be a Unity-based Space Trader with ships that you customize and build yourself. I can't really explain it much better than the Kickstarter can, though. Go see it for yourself, try the demo, and see if you like it enough to throw money at it. I did!

« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 10:02:01 am by Inglonias »
This is my only contribution to FSSCP

These mods are made from natural code that we pump in from retail. If you tried to run one, it would be like standing outside with nostalgia and pure awesome shining on your face. It would also set your computer on fire, so don't actually do it.

Re: Save the Kinetic Void Kickstarter!
:bump: for the last 24 hour push! It's a long shot, but it'd be nice if it could get off the ground. More space sims can't hurt, right?

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Dang, I wish I could help, but I have to get a new credit card :(
Won't make it in time.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Woah, they made it! The guy started a reddit this morning, and I guess it worked really well. Still four hours to go.

Quite a few of these things seem to be last minute successes. It kinda looks cool but I dunno if it's the sort of game I'd want to get into.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Just threw in $10 to the pot.  kind of looks like the X series, just hope the space travel is a little quicker.
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Dang, I wish I could help, but I have to get a new credit card :(
Won't make it in time.

Good news!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/seanpollman/kinetic-void/posts/237067?ref=activity

They'll be doing an additional pledge thing, through which they'll accept PayPal.