Author Topic: The Untold stories of the Lylat War (a star fox mod)  (Read 38518 times)

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
  • maveric modeler, the sky is just the begining
Re: The Untold stories of the Lylat War (a star fox mod)
MEMO

TO: General Pepper; Bill Grey
     Date:(2 months prior to the lylat wars)
 General Pepper, I am glad to announce that the new FS-0(Focal Sight #0) simulator series is now active, and we are currently working on a package of basic missions for it, Mr. Grey, they should be ready for you and your husky and bulldog before you deploy back to Katina, and we have a number of them to send with you as well to keep you sharp, and trained for a conflict should it arise, though we have not had anything occur since Mr Mcloud's betrayal by Pigma to Andross, but we have detected a number of peculiar ships probing the perimeters of a number of our bases, but we have not identified wheter they are pirates, or some other insidious force, but it never hurts to be prepared, as we dont want another Pirate Wars[Refer historical file 2134], and with Fortuna and Papetoon on the other side of lylat for 6 months in the next month or so, and with the rest of the planets so closely together, it doesnt hurt to be careful.
   So further on the FS-0, we have managed to get a variety of ship types we have found and some proposed designs on file, however the files are incomplete and we still have to add a number of ships, and due to time restraints we have had to transfer a number of .RETRO style ships, that give a basic profile, weapon and handling characteristics, however lack the detail of the newer models, as they come almost directly from the original SN3S simulator, and we are also working on converting modified versions of the training campaigns, I developed with James Mcloud, Peppy Hare, and Pigma under the designations STARFOX1 and STARFOX2, based off some of their experiences, however we can only take certian levels, and it is unknown if we can fully detail these mini-campaigns, however retro styles will be confirmed, however it will be a while before we can send them to you. Bill, the technical department wishes you and your men the best on assignment, we respect your skill with our craft, and we are sure you can turn those 2 sqaudrons into finely tuned machines

The Racoon Mechcanic

Subnote: What are these pirate wars you ask? that was one of the nicknames of the conflict that took place over 15 years before the Lylat wars, however if you want the full story, you will have to wait for me to write it, as I am now considering writing a campaign, and I will reveal no more, except it gives some insight into the events leading up to andross's betrayal, exile, and the lylat wars. and peppy will have brown and tan fur!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 07:39:37 am by mandobardanjusik »

Offline Fara Phoenix

• I am a fanatic without an identity of their own.
Y'know, I'm starting to wonder if you have any dedicated script writers for some reason.
"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
— Winston Churchill

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
Nope, I am the main, and only writer unless scourge is messing with something. do plan on writing some more stuff, however still trying to figure out a better name than pirate wars, as really its a group of embittered, ostracized mercanaries, bandits, raiders, ex-military, and the occasional pirate. they are more of a rouge para-military force than anything else, however they are trying to invade and take over the lylat system. honestly I could write up a lot right now, however I would kind of like to iron out the name

Nope, I ain't writin' a thing for your campaign. I am working on one of my own, sort of, which may or may not intersect/callback/seem similar to yours in parts.

Though I would suggest that you have the entire thing: missions, dialog, story, everything all written and checked before starting to release teasers and stuff.

Offline Fara Phoenix

That so far sounds like a rather messy and unorganised plot line, doesn't it.
— Winston Churchill

Every plot sounds like that at first. It's only after multiple drafts and heavy editing that you'll ever get a script that's smooth and rich and delicious. Mmmmmmmm... Plot....

Offline Fara Phoenix

Every plot sounds like that at first. It's only after multiple drafts and heavy editing that you'll ever get a script that's smooth and rich and delicious. Mmmmmmmm... Plot....

You wouldn't happen to be one of them, would you.
— Winston Churchill

If by "them", you mean somebody who's written just enough to know something like that, then yes. Otherwise I don't know what you mean.

Offline Fara Phoenix

If by "them", you mean somebody who's written just enough to know something like that, then yes. Otherwise I don't know what you mean.

That bit about plot might give you a hint.

Ponies?
— Winston Churchill

Offline skygunner58203

• just your average noob
ACK! The forbidden Ponies!  NOOO!
“Yeah, kid, what’s there to be worried about? I mean it’s only…” he trailed off as he considered the possibilities, “only a dark creepy tomb sure to be filled to the brim with painful death.” he gulped, before adding, his voice very much subdued. “I wouldn’t go in there.”

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
first off, no more redicuolous conjecture( I am staring at you  farapheonix and skygunner). Second off, I have decided to go ahead and try and wrap up the arwing interceptor this week. mesh wise, I just have a couple of minor integration things left, however texturing and uving will be quite a pain, but I think I have a way to handle it, wish me luck. also as of now, currently I am trying to add a couple more key ships to round out and expand the ship set, and that means I need to see what unfinished venom fighters I can find in the WIP stuff, and that ought to be interesting

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
oh almost forgot, here some pics, prefinal mesh editing, which I just started(the cockpit is already looking integrated due to something I just did thats not shown

Offline Fara Phoenix

Should you require any help I'll see what I can do. I've had the time to gather a modicum of Blender experience, along with some writing skill (which I have expanded on a little further than the former.)
— Winston Churchill

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
actualy I do have a story plan, and actualy I have decided to return to one of the 3 original storys I was thinking of. its a bit more concentrated than a general sim pack, and if I write it out, I can plan what I need as I go(like a arwing/wolfen ugly ;))

Offline Fara Phoenix

I do hope this will end well.
— Winston Churchill

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
ok, so I am still compiling the story, and I think I will run it by topace before revealing it to any of you all, but I can reveal 2 things.
of the sqaud 3 are 'forgotten' characters(and one joins later in the story), and I have decided to have the player be a custom character I am creating(has some advantages, gives you a 4 person sqaud, and I plan to use it to help the story).
2) like I have said before, for refs sake, Team fox's campaign in the lylat war was actualy in 3 phases:
Initial assualt on venom: coneria(walker and land troops invade and are defeated), then aestorid belt, then fichina, secret base in the sector X, Titania, Bolse, then the first assualt on venom and the decoy base(he actualy escapes through a secret exit, he is only guided by his father in the hard run).
Return to coneria: assualt on Macbeth, Solar, Katina(restocking stop turned into defense mission ;)), Coneria(arial bombardment, attack carrier)
The Final assualt: hard route obviously.

So on a final note,  first in this storyline, Papetoon, fortuna, and Eldrad(that forgotten planet in SF2, that kinda turned into titania but had different purposes) all exist, however due to a peculiar orbit charastic of all 3 during the time of the lylat wars, and every 8 months or so these planets are far on the other side of lylat, nearly(key word NEARLY) out of contact(until the development of warp gates in assualt, but thats over 10 years later). also something curious, there have been sightings of Another MACBETH that fits the description of the planet that Should be in orbit around venom, not the one that is curently there, what does this mean? you will have to wait and see

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
now for those of you who forgot, there are the Wolfen prototypes, one is the first you encounter, it introduces the classic dual top bottom hulls, and Wolf's personal prototype which created the larger hull shape and design

most recent type A look(that is ready for uving)

Offline Fara Phoenix

ok, so I am still compiling the story, and I think I will run it by topace before revealing it to any of you all, but I can reveal 2 things.
of the sqaud 3 are 'forgotten' characters(and one joins later in the story), and I have decided to have the player be a custom character I am creating(has some advantages, gives you a 4 person sqaud, and I plan to use it to help the story).
2) like I have said before, for refs sake, Team fox's campaign in the lylat war was actualy in 3 phases:
Initial assualt on venom: coneria(walker and land troops invade and are defeated), then aestorid belt, then fichina, secret base in the sector X, Titania, Bolse, then the first assualt on venom and the decoy base(he actualy escapes through a secret exit, he is only guided by his father in the hard run).
Return to coneria: assualt on Macbeth, Solar, Katina(restocking stop turned into defense mission ;)), Coneria(arial bombardment, attack carrier)
The Final assualt: hard route obviously.

So on a final note,  first in this storyline, Papetoon, fortuna, and Eldrad(that forgotten planet in SF2, that kinda turned into titania but had different purposes) all exist, however due to a peculiar orbit charastic of all 3 during the time of the lylat wars, and every 8 months or so these planets are far on the other side of lylat, nearly(key word NEARLY) out of contact(until the development of warp gates in assualt, but thats over 10 years later). also something curious, there have been sightings of Another MACBETH that fits the description of the planet that Should be in orbit around venom, not the one that is curently there, what does this mean? you will have to wait and see

That does sound fairly convoluted...dissecting this theorem will be quite pleasant.
— Winston Churchill

Offline Fara Phoenix

So apparently development has entered the secretive phase.
— Winston Churchill

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
not quite, actualy the stalling phase, as I dont have a way to develop ship designs, and I have been messing around in another community for a bit. I would love to continue this, but there is no way I can do this alone, though I just had a thought I might pursue

Let me expound this a bit further, I can model, I can rig, I can uv and texure if I have to, however I am poor at design, I need a concept artist... and I think I had better return to writing that story if I can, also for me there is no need for a secretive stage, because if I can make progress I am Happy to show it, I just havent had any to show :(

I guess I can show you a design I have been unable to finish, though I did manage on the cockpit, this was going to be the protaginists ship:
The yellow one is the original prototype made from scraped and damaged ships, the othre one was going to the first production model, as this series is designed and created by the protaganist, and developed throughout the story through multiple incarnations with various differeniations in power and class, the best thing to describe it is heavy scout/explorer.

I had a hard time after I finished the cockpit, and if I was to return to it, the fuselage would be quite different on both, the prototype would be bigger and tougher, as its made out a hulls from a dozen craft of an old war(the war I mentioned before, however I am not going to go deeply into that outside of the relevance to the characters), as I am working on the story, though there will be mentions of them you wont run into team fox very much, unless its under... interesting circumstances. well like I said, I am working on finding a concept artist, and maybe I can ressurect these guys, who knows

well, I just had a thought, so might as well do it. so I was working on a hotrodded version of the classic conerian interceptor(the fighter from the SF2 intro, that gets umm, eaten) and I had a thought, my hotrodded version is turning out better than the original, and maybe I should consider using it with some tweaking as the interceptor instead, here is the ref for the original, then here is the original next to an older pic of the hotrodded version, then I will have another newer version with some prototype wings and canrds I was working on, and I was hoping for your thoughts.

hmm those wings might have been a mistake, and the overall design needs some work... though I couldnt think of anything better on the wings
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 12:17:15 pm by mandobardanjusik »